• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (4 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
DON'T REVEAL THEIR NAMES ON A PUBLIC FORUM WHERE EVERYONE CAN READ

Wait did unbiased actually leave for real? And where's Mcchicken, she was here for a while and hung out here and on the confessions thread even when she was in uni

BTW did you adapt your "4 essays" to a whole bunch of essay questions to practice adapting or did you just memorise the whole thing word for word and not practice adapting pen to paper?
Well Andy was always addressed as Andy here LOL. Kat had her name in her user. Sien is Sien. And I also address Jac by Jac here whenever I talk to her (and she addresses me as Nicole etc...) XD We all know DAL has an amazing name ;D But he explicitly told me to never share it

Don't know where Unbiased is, not really close with McChicken as much (but she was really sweet!)

I have not practised anything for English yet, will start tomorrow XD

Last edited:

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Well Andy was always addressed as Andy here LOL. Kat had her name in her user. Sien is Sien. And I also address Jac by Jac here whenever I talk to her (and she addresses me as Nicole etc...) XD We all know DAL has an amazing name ;D But he explicitly told me to never share it

Don't know where Unbiased is, not really close with McChicken as much (but she was really sweet!)

I have not practised anything for English yet, will start tomorrow XD
OMG when I think of Mcchicken, good old times in the confessions thread

Here: http://community.boredofstudies.org/3/non-school/331960/confessions-4021.html#post7151708
http://community.boredofstudies.org/3/non-school/331960/confessions-4022.html#post7151747
http://community.boredofstudies.org/3/non-school/331960/confessions-4027.html#post7152323
http://community.boredofstudies.org/3/non-school/331960/confessions-4052.html#post7154639
http://community.boredofstudies.org/3/non-school/331960/confessions-4088.html#post7157839

Still can't stop thinking about her posts to this very day

How much have u practiced for english throughout the yr?

meDAawesome

HSC
Just go to the ATAR notes one since they're for free
Its not about the money, its about is it worth my time. Spending 2 hours on public transport for a lecture that may or may not be worth it isn't exactly the best use of my precious time at this point

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
Its not about the money, its about is it worth my time. Spending 2 hours on public transport for a lecture that may or may not be worth it isn't exactly the best use of my precious time at this point
IDK maybe you should ask someone who's been to these lectures before

Also just revise on stuff when you're on the bus/train going to these lectures

WrittenLoveLetters

배고파
HSC
Here here, I attended the AN lectures in July and just yesterday and I traveled 1 and a bit hours to get there :D (Bus and trains and all, would've taken me less if it was a car). I attended Mathematics (not this time around), Mathematics Extension I & Physics.

Personally, I can say the amount of content they go through is minimal, in fact, I attend these lectures to really just get myself warmed up and my memory jogged a bit (especially in yesterday's MX1). I'm unsure whether it was because it was the lecturer hitting his third set of 3 hours explaining Physics but Physics was a little weak this time around (for me personally).

If you already have momentum in your studying and not a lot of gaps that need to be filled regarding understanding, I don't think you're missing out on too much - however, their exam tips by far are really good :D

Would I pay to go to any other lectures? No, I'm going to start plenty of group and individual studying now.

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Here here, I attended the AN lectures in July and just yesterday and I traveled 1 and a bit hours to get there :D (Bus and trains and all, would've taken me less if it was a car). I attended Mathematics (not this time around), Mathematics Extension I & Physics.

Personally, I can say the amount of content they go through is minimal, in fact, I attend these lectures to really just get myself warmed up and my memory jogged a bit (especially in yesterday's MX1). I'm unsure whether it was because it was the lecturer hitting his third set of 3 hours explaining Physics but Physics was a little weak this time around (for me personally).

If you already have momentum in your studying and not a lot of gaps that need to be filled regarding understanding, I don't think you're missing out on too much - however, their exam tips by far are really good :D

Would I pay to go to any other lectures? No, I'm going to start plenty of group and individual studying now.
I SAW YOU AND WE SAID HI YAY :D

yeah same, but the qeustions that he went through were good and on the more challenging side (or was that just me lol?) and the exam techniques he gave were good, and also studying techniques which i wouldn't have thought of myself. it really gave me the wake up call i needed becuase lol i died

... i can do past papers alright though?

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
Unbiasedproductivity was definitely one of them. I remember them by their real names now tbh - Andy, Kat, Sien (who is still around), Jac etc etc

)
ayyyyyyy im back for probs only today becuase i am procrastinating in fixing AOS essay...

anyone have know techniques in "Now my charms are all o'erthrown/ what strength i have's mine own"

Kittyrules

I'm your density
HSC
rip triple post...

but are you guys memorising anything?
im gonna memorise body paragraphs of aos essay, the whole creative, body of mod a and possibly mod c (who even knows about extension AHH im gonna be writing that essay way into hsc time)

all my essays are very average though, im not looking for a high atar and my expected one is quite above what i need but a couple points more and i could get unsw scholarship maybe :D so for me its a struggle trying to choose between 'work harder get high atar and get monies' and 'nah chill, have fun in the holidays and get the low one you need nothin matter no more'

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
ayyyyyyy im back for probs only today becuase i am procrastinating in fixing AOS essay...

anyone have know techniques in "Now my charms are all o'erthrown/ what strength i have's mine own"
Rhyme, alternating trochaic tetrameter followed by iambic trimeter, pseudo assonance of the open front unrounded vowel "a"

DatAtarLyfe

Booty Connoisseur
HSC
@people doing speeches for Mod B

Do you guys think that they'll specify this year?

I'm praying that they don't because at the moment I only know Keating + Sadat, and I'm not looking forward to learning the rest
I havent even got my sadat + keating 100% down lol.
But yeh, i really wanna grind out atleast one paragraph for each speech so that i do have some form of backup. But i may stuff deane, coz gay [emoji23]

Shuuya

HSC
I havent even got my sadat + keating 100% down lol.
But yeh, i really wanna grind out atleast one paragraph for each speech so that i do have some form of backup. But i may stuff deane, coz gay [emoji23]
I only have my one Keating + Sadat essay that I've used all year, and somehow I've gotten this far

Lmao Deane was specified ~2 years ago, what even xD

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
We did Hamlet for Mod B :p I'm just worried about them asking for specific poems from Mod C (we're doing Auden)

I can't memorise so many quotes </3

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
We did Hamlet for Mod B :p I'm just worried about them asking for specific poems from Mod C (we're doing Auden)

I can't memorise so many quotes </3
Just practice writing essays and you'll be fine

I thought you did the Tempest for AOS (I believe that you have to do texts of different kinds for each module. i.e. you can't do 2 shakespearean plays)

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
Is it boring or fun and is it easy to analyse? Doing that next year as well.
It's the most boring text I've ever read and let me tell you I've read a loooot of boring texts

Che Guevara may be a lot of things, but a good author is not one of them. It's so boring, there's literally no content - not even Peter Skryznecki-esque whining, just him literally describing the stuff around him in the most basic way possible, and skipping over all the almost-interesting bits with "The next day..." or "A week later..."

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
It's the most boring text I've ever read and let me tell you I've read a loooot of boring texts

Che Guevara may be a lot of things, but a good author is not one of them. It's so boring, there's literally no content - not even Peter Skryznecki-esque whining, just him literally describing the stuff around him in the most basic way possible, and skipping over all the almost-interesting bits with "The next day..." or "A week later..."
Wow really motivated to read it now, lol btw what other texts did you do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)