• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2016ers Chit-Chat Thread (3 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shuuya

HSC
We did Hamlet for Mod B :p I'm just worried about them asking for specific poems from Mod C (we're doing Auden)

I can't memorise so many quotes </3
I'm pretty sure that they don't usually specify for Mod C since it's usually one generic question covering all the texts in the elective, right?

I could be terribly wrong though, so I'm going to try to study everything anyway ;-; (doing Wright's poems)

Rip why did my school choose like 7 texts for each module

Shuuya

HSC
How many past papers are you guys planning to get done for each subject? xD

KingOfActing

lukewarm mess
HSC
I'm pretty sure that they don't usually specify for Mod C since it's usually one generic question covering all the texts in the elective, right?

I could be terribly wrong though, so I'm going to try to study everything anyway ;-; (doing Wright's poems)

Rip why did my school choose like 7 texts for each module
They don't usually, but they can.
How many past papers are you guys planning to get done for each subject? xD
I want to do all the maths ones, at least 3 for english and as many chem as possible

meDAawesome

HSC
It's the most boring text I've ever read and let me tell you I've read a loooot of boring texts

Che Guevara may be a lot of things, but a good author is not one of them. It's so boring, there's literally no content - not even Peter Skryznecki-esque whining, just him literally describing the stuff around him in the most basic way possible, and skipping over all the almost-interesting bits with "The next day..." or "A week later..."
This is pretty much 100% accurate, I haven't even finished the book yet and its 2 weeks till paper 1 its that bad.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
It's the most boring text I've ever read and let me tell you I've read a loooot of boring texts

Che Guevara may be a lot of things, but a good author is not one of them. It's so boring, there's literally no content - not even Peter Skryznecki-esque whining, just him literally describing the stuff around him in the most basic way possible, and skipping over all the almost-interesting bits with "The next day..." or "A week later..."
I remember meDAawesome saying Motorcycle Diaries was a boring text

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
A lot throughout the year combined since we finished the content by the end of term 1. At least 40 I think lol can't really remember
Did u do 1 past paper a day?

Why didn't you self learn the content in the school holidays and start on past papers?

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
I wondered at the time. Never bothered to find out though because I didn't care too much
Did you register late or what?

Or did they (either Carrotsticks or Trebla) somehow mistakenly forgot to do yours?

leehuan

HSC
Did you register late or what?

Or did they (either Carrotsticks or Trebla) somehow mistakenly forgot to do yours?
I registered perfectly on time.

I'm not sure about what their plan was. Meh, doesn't really matter now anyway; that was last year's paper which I flunked lol

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Did u do 1 past paper a day?

Why didn't you self learn the content in the school holidays and start on past papers?
No, not 1 per day. Just did it throughout the year lol. Also it's not like 2 unit is really complicated and you have to learn ahead to do well so what's the point.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
No, not 1 per day. Just did it throughout the year lol. Also it's not like 2 unit is really complicated and you have to learn ahead to do well so what's the point.
So you have more time to focus on weaknesses and past papers?

Also there's like 1000 past papers on the internet, so it'd be kinda bad if you didn't get through all of it

Has anyone ever gotten through all of them yet?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
So you have more time to focus on weaknesses and past papers?

Also there's like 1000 past papers on the internet, so it'd be kinda bad if you didn't get through all of it

Has anyone ever gotten through all of them yet?
No because there's too many, and almost all schools that do 2 unit HSC do it in year 12 where they'd have to balance it with other subjects.

eyeseeyou

HSC
N/A
No because there's too many, and almost all schools that do 2 unit HSC do it in year 12 where they'd have to balance it with other subjects.
It feels really bad though when you want to go through all the past papers on the internet but there isn't enough time though

That's why you self learn most of the content in the school holidays, so you have enough time to improve from your weaknesses and go through as many past papers as possible (I'm pree sure you've seen me posting this a couple of times already)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)