The Woolworths Thread (3 Viewers)

Xantios

HSC
N/A
Has anyone else heard about the changes to the uniform? I was told that replenishment/nightfill shirt won't be an option any longer and that all staff will be expected to wear the green microcheck shirt.

FrontEndHero

HSC
N/A
I don't think they would change it anymore than what they've changed it already in all honesty. It's important that nightfill/groceries uniform is comfortable so it would be a bit questionable if the do end up changing it.

bernie14

HSC
I wish to bludgeon whoever came up with 1Pos. Such a stupid, slow system. I get the need to change a few things but why re-word everything?

My first experience with it was when I was doing an overnight shift (my Woolies is a 24 hour store) and I was the only person on front end. Was an interesting night learning the ropes haha!

tubba001

HSC
This might be a stupid question but if the roster has PT-PH next to my shift instead of PT-PH OFF it means I'm working on the public holiday correct?

Dalek1234

HSC
So is anyone able to summarise the differences between the current system and 1POS? We get it in a month or two and no one seems to know what it is

BSammy

HSC
So is anyone able to summarise the differences between the current system and 1POS? We get it in a month or two and no one seems to know what it is
If you work in the office I feel it's improved, less work on a monday, some functions renamed and in different places but easy to get the hang of.

Front end, improvements, you can print barcodes to sign on quicker, you can be signed on to multiple registers, you can force someone off from that register. you can process petty cash from the register.

worse is you have to sign on at least once a day with a full password (there's a pin option, but i'll need to play around with that to see if it actually works) change orders aren't automatically sent to the office, you have to print a slip. everything is in a different place and it will take time to get used to that, which will impact customer service for at least a week or so.

any reports that you used to use the office program for are now in store central, which i don't know if it's better or not.
you have the same login and password for registers, office, store central, and can set up password reset questions in store central.

HSC
Pretty much bang on.

I was/am a 1POS Coach for my store (including training the supervisors up on it). Feedback has been generally positive so far. However, refunds are a bit cumbersome now, as it's highly recommended that we search through the transaction logs for a reciept if the customer does not have one on them. Otherwise, it's not too bad.

ekhan_01

HSC
All team members must adhere to the fresh food department clothing policy which is

(Select all that apply)

[]Jumpers to be worn under uniforms

[]Hairnets or hats needs to be worn so all hair is covered

[]Clothing must be clean and maintained in good order

[]Plastic sleeves to be worn where there is the potential for jumpers to touch food

[]Hair to be clean and tidy with hair tied up if long

[]Aprons and hats should be removed only when you leave the store premises

[]=to tick boxes

i need help asap and i've at least tried 50 combinations

P21

HSC
I am having the same problem...Quite Frustrating..Anyone help?..Tried everything..Guys help us out here plz..:)

All team members must adhere to the fresh food department clothing policy which is

(Select all that apply)

[]Jumpers to be worn under uniforms

[]Hairnets or hats needs to be worn so all hair is covered

[]Clothing must be clean and maintained in good order

[]Plastic sleeves to be worn where there is the potential for jumpers to touch food

[]Hair to be clean and tidy with hair tied up if long

[]Aprons and hats should be removed only when you leave the store premises

[]=to tick boxes

i need help asap and i've at least tried 50 combinations

nanakid12

HSC
Can someone help me with the procedure for when a customer steals at the self serve? We have our regulars that try but management don’t care and find it too time consuming to get camera footage despite my repeated requests.

Can’t really call the police without the footage without the customer fessing up to it, can we? Can’t the customer just claim it was accidental too?

BSammy

HSC
Can someone help me with the procedure for when a customer steals at the self serve? We have our regulars that try but management don’t care and find it too time consuming to get camera footage despite my repeated requests.

Can’t really call the police without the footage without the customer fessing up to it, can we? Can’t the customer just claim it was accidental too?
If management don't care, even if you give them the times to check the footage, then there's not much you can really do.

You could reach out to loss prevention, but they will probably spend a day there and then people will stop caring again after they leave.

nanakid12

HSC
I’m trying to decide to resign or not. I’m at 9 years but have been casual and then only part time the entire time, so dunno if long service leave is worth it? This year I’ve only been doing 10 hours a week. Should I stay?

BSammy

HSC
you should probably look into this to be sure, but i believe on termination, pro-rata long service is paid out after 7 years.
so if the lsl is the only thing keeping you there, don't worry about that.

best advice is to check fair work or other websites to see if this applies to you, but i don't see why it wouldn't

nanakid12

HSC
I’m actually in QLD, where they don’t pay LSL out after 7 years unless you get really ill, disabled, or there’s some kind of extenuating circumstance. What a joke. My St Kilda location is just to throw people off haha.

I accepted my casual employment offer yesterday. So gunna work once every few months or when they desperately need me :)

Lost my 100+ hours of sick leave which is stupid too. Sucks you can’t get it paid out, you don’t get rewarded for not chucking sickies. Oh well.

Nearly out the door of Woolies!!! Have been slowly edging towards the exit for the past year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 3)