MQ Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

kkmok

HSC
Uni Grad
all my actuarial exemption subjects, but 1 in particular. Like if you use a symbol without defining it you lose a mark lol. Use any spurious accuracy you also lose a mark lol
More like probability greater than 1 or less than 0, or present value greater than future value when the interest rate is positive.

You can use the Approved Acronyms/symbols though :haha:

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Also if you are doing Macro marks should be up by Wednesday

LightOfTheSeven

HSC
Drat, I realized I missed the cut-off for becoming a mentor in session 2! So annoyed with myself. I would like to wear a pink t-shirt :party:
Does anyone have any suggestions for activities I and maybe others can do in Session 2 as an extra curricular? I'll be at university 4 days a week next semester, so I can always stay overtime.

BLIT2014

The pessimistic optimist.
HSC
Uni Grad
Hopefully it's good like 4/5 or 5/5 no clue how they're marking it... and I need good marks for the report too to make up for the narrative interview assignment haha
Video marks are out and Participation Marks are out for everyone.

ilikecats

Meow meow meow meow meow?
HSC
Uni Grad
The only good thing about Uni ;)

Maybe suggest your work place bring in dogs for stressed relief ;)
I know there is a graduate in a different office who has a guide dog. Though obviously I can't pay it. I do live near a park now and just watch other people's dogs running around and that's good enough for now :lol:

Anthel

HSC
N/A
I learned that I am definitely not a law person. BUSL251 is interesting but some concepts can be hard to grasp, and have to learn that you have to write down what cases/sections are used. After that it's easy to refer and generally understand the content.

Applied for PACE, still waiting for the interview. Thinking about what I should do next sem already, seems like I'll do ECON204 and AFIN250 at the least.

How were these units for those that are doing it this sem? Any other opinions on units?

@BenHowe are you talking about AFAS200 or PHL200?

Also thinking about doing 3 units next sem not including the PACE unit.
haha im also doing BUSL251 exam is tomorrow and I also have AFIN102 on the same day. *screams internally*

ProdigyInspired

Tafe Advocate
HSC
What units are everyone doing next sem?

How were ECON204, ACST201 and AFIN250 for those who've done it?

Still have my People and Planet units available.

Anyone reducing to 3 units? I feel like I neglected my law unit throughout the sem compared to my other 3 units so I'm considering it.

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC

Anyone reducing to 3 units? I feel like I neglected my law unit throughout the sem compared to my other 3 units so I'm considering it.
Doing ACST212, MATH133, ECON111 and PHL137

BenHowe

HSC
Uni Grad

250 was alright although idk how i did in my final lol. Assuming i make it to next sem, stat175, acst255, stat271, econ204

Orwell

HSC
Hey,

If I wanted to consult the art faculty about making a switch, would I need to make an appointment, also, will they be open tomorrow?

Secondly, does anyone know what the difference between a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Psychological Science with a Degree of Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Arts - Psychology with a Degree of Bachelor of Laws is? I'm currently majoring in Politics but want to make the switch to Psychology, just not sure what the best route is.

LightOfTheSeven

HSC
Units I'm doing:

INTS305- PACE unit, I scored an internship for an ngo. Still need permission. Will do in Winter Vacation.

ENGL234- Fiction & History, an English unit
ENGL219- A unit about prize-winning books. English unit.
MHIS220- 20th Century Europe. Modern History unit.
PHYS242- Big Ideas In Science, Planet Unit. Physics department.

@Orwell the differences between a Psychological major and a Psychology degree is that one allows you to do honours (and then go onto postgrad study) and the other is not-accrediting. However, the Psychology degree requires more specific units. If you are studying psychology out of interest and do not intend to do further psychology study, then psychological science should be fine.

Good luck with consulting the arts faculty, tbh they do make things unnecessarily difficult in my books.

Zoinked

Beast
HSC

acst201 and afin250 you dont really learn many new concepts so its easy to be tempted to not work that hard but that will really bite you in the arse. If you keep up with both units I think you can get an easy 75+.

Zoinked

Beast
HSC
Hey,

If I wanted to consult the art faculty about making a switch, would I need to make an appointment, also, will they be open tomorrow?

Secondly, does anyone know what the difference between a Bachelor of Arts majoring in Psychological Science with a Degree of Bachelor of Laws and a Bachelor of Arts - Psychology with a Degree of Bachelor of Laws is? I'm currently majoring in Politics but want to make the switch to Psychology, just not sure what the best route is.
http://handbook.mq.edu.au/2018/Majors/UGMajor/Psychological+Science

http://handbook.mq.edu.au/2017/DegreesDiplomas/Degree/Bachelor+of+Arts+-+Psychology

Look at the difference with these links. At first glance, BA- psychology requires 12 units of psych, while psychological science requires on 8 units of psych.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)