2020-HSC chat (1 Viewer)

shashysha

HSC
I haven't read any of my texts, I might finish the Emma audiobook on YT because I had no idea what the plot was for trials. I also got character names wrong in my Merchant of Venice essay but I know the plot from a summary video on YT. My other text is poems from which I have read about 3 which are the only ones I used in my exams. My plan for mod C is to improvise (same plan as for my other english sections tbh) so if you're feeling down there's always somebody like me in english. I believe that this is truly the definition of scraping by but I don't feel guilty because I didn't choose to do english nor will I ever need it later. Good luck in ur english exam.
true, never wanted to do english and yet here we are lol - good luck man on the bright side only 4 more days of english then never again

Constantine

HSC
shut up, u didn't have covid so shush
So many excuses... those that are determined will do well no matter what.

YOU will do great in the HSC and eventually in the work force! All that positivity and gratitude just radiating off of you in response to a positive comment. I will be wishing nothing but the best for your HSC. Sending you some positive energy.

Vitrecan

HSC
Ehem. Random but um, theoretically, If a student has approx 11 days till their Biology HSC EXAM and they know...close to nothing. Is there hope? If so what to do? Haha cos...that person would really need the most effective way to use these remaining days.

Of course, whoever this procrastinating, self-sabotaging person may be...😅
Biology, compared to the other 2 sciences is very content heavy like Business Studies. So probably like rip off someone's band 6 notes off from the internet, and read them when you're not sitting down. Once you are sitting down, just spam past papers and hope for the best.

HSC
Oh um anyone know the keys to ace SOR II.
I have a good understanding of all the depth studies but what specifics would really make a difference. (Like crossing that border into the 90's type of thing/ what differentiates a band 5 to a band 6).

Velocifire

Critical Hit
HSC
Oh um anyone know the keys to ace SOR II.
I have a good understanding of all the depth studies but what specifics would really make a difference. (Like crossing that border into the 90's type of thing/ what differentiates a band 5 to a band 6).
Jesus is the answer

if you are scared about losing marks with this exemplar response in questions that involve other religions, keep in mind you don't actually lose marks, but actually obtain full marks for those sections.

Last edited:

turtle67

HSC
firstly RIP
secondly there is hope. this "student" needs to carefully navigate through the next 11 days. I suggest dedicating 2 days per module (8 days in total) and then spend another 2 days doing past paper questions. I'm sure you have notes by this stage, so memorise them religiously or at least understand them because memorising without understanding is called wasting time, also ask friends to explain the more difficult and longer dot points to you when they're available. you literally have to start today, quit procrastinating!!!
how do you memorise your notes, do you just read them over and over again or make them into palm cards or talk them out or something like that?

yooook

HSC
So many excuses... those that are determined will do well no matter what.

YOU will do great in the HSC and eventually in the work force! All that positivity and gratitude just radiating off of you in response to a positive comment. I will be wishing nothing but the best for your HSC. Sending you some positive energy.
no i wanna kms

totally_screwed

Baddest Member
HSC
how do you memorise your notes, do you just read them over and over again or make them into palm cards or talk them out or something like that?
o well there's no correct way of memorising notes, but I read a section of information a few times (one or more paragraphs), and then jot down on paper everything I can recall from that section, usually in dot points. then I look back at my notes and check to see if I missed anything, and I annotate my writing with the stuff that I missed in a different, more bold colour. then I move on to the next section and repeat the process. this has been very effective for me, especially SOR. takes a while but that's fine if you've got time! I've heard palm cards are effective for memorising too so you can try that out as well, see what works for you

HSC
Hmm well a very effective way (imo) is, looking over them while thinking about it...umm as in don't just scratch at the surface, try to find the essence, understand it.

THEN you put on a philosophical air typa thing and haha...talk to yourself. Convince yourself you understand it and you actually find it interesting. I ALWAYS make these speeches to myself, sounding like a professor, sometimes mix in an accent, sometimes walk around with 'smart' gestures.

So essentially, you only truly understand something once you can teach it. In this sense it works as both learning (gets your brain thinking and re-assessing AKA digging deeper) and reviewing (seeing if you understand it well enough to speak of it).

shashysha

HSC
Yeah I have heard that and done a little bit of it in the past, I haven't tried with accents yet ahah I'll have to give that a go
for english quotes i usually just read, try to recite it out loud then write it like 10 times until i memorise it. for content heavy subjects like business I try to 'teach' the content to myself in a similar way you'd present a lesson to know if I know the dot point in depth or not, but there's different methods for everyone and since you've just started year 12 you still have a year to find which method works best for you.

thatgaegoth

HSC
bruh

I took to much Propranolol before my exams and I was just too relaxed to care
I mean I did GREAT on my short answers but I barely did anything for my extended response
F U C K - I T - A L L
How will I ever become a teacher like this

jojosiwa123

HSC
bruh

I took to much Propranolol before my exams and I was just too relaxed to care
I mean I did GREAT on my short answers but I barely did anything for my extended response
F U C K - I T - A L L
How will I ever become a teacher like this
its okay hahaha you go to uni to be a teacher you'll get to learn how to perfect the art of writing an essay, don't stress!! and if you're on the hsc english paper 1 predictions/thoughts thread you'll see that everyone's feeling the same way right now. im sure you did better than you think since we're all in the same boat :)

thatgaegoth

HSC
its okay hahaha you go to uni to be a teacher you'll get to learn how to perfect the art of writing an essay, don't stress!! and if you're on the hsc english paper 1 predictions/thoughts thread you'll see that everyone's feeling the same way right now. im sure you did better than you think since we're all in the same boat :)
you're so nice <3
I just mean, I think I can write a great essay and I'd be willing to share it with the thread for free but I was just too high on anxiety meds to focus

jojosiwa123

HSC
you're so nice <3
I just mean, I think I can write a great essay and I'd be willing to share it with the thread for free but I was just too high on anxiety meds to focus
:( it can be really tough dealing with anxiety but especially so during exam season. good luck tomorrow!!!!! I hope u get to show ur full abilities :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)