Best Physics teachers at Matrix Education? (1 Viewer)

Leo18032003

HSC
Hello everyone, I know this may sound really stupid but I have a friend who goes to Matrix and she complained that her Physics teacher was not that good (I'm not sure about that because I think all teachers have to be qualified in order to teach, maybe?). I was wondering if there are any other tutors (currently 2020) who are exceptionally good except DJ? Greatly appreciate your opinions!!!!

Salad Man

HSC
Uni Grad
Hello everyone, I know this may sound really stupid but I have a friend who goes to Matrix and she complained that her Physics teacher was not that good (I'm not sure about that because I think all teachers have to be qualified in order to teach, maybe?). I was wondering if there are any other tutors (currently 2020) who are exceptionally good except DJ? Greatly appreciate your opinions!!!!
I dont like DJ, but that's just my personal preference. 2 wonderful teachers I can recommend for physics is Emma Lindley and Thomas Dixon.

erucibon

HSC
N/A
Anant, DJ, Alex and Emma are very good, especially DJ. For DJ, he will make sure you do your work. For the others, they are chill but good teachers but you have to be willing to learn. In my experience, strict teachers at school and tutoring centres will always be the better teachers.

Salad Man

HSC
Uni Grad
Anant, DJ, Alex and Emma are very good, especially DJ. For DJ, he will make sure you do your work. For the others, they are chill but good teachers but you have to be willing to learn. In my experience, strict teachers at school and tutoring centres will always be the better teachers.
I've been in Dj's class twice, and he never checks hw despite always saying he would at the intial start of lessons lol. We barely finished mod 5 content, and we didnt even complete mod 8. He likes to go offtrack quite occasionally, costing us time for theory. I've also noticed he likes to exaggerate difficuilty of certain aspects of theory like binding energy lol. We spent a full 45 mins going through like 3-4 pages one time. Though an upside are his anecdotal stories that at times can be quite entertaining and refresh attention span.

Salad Man

HSC
Uni Grad
I do also agree that strict teachers are great, however dj is not strict. Tbh I was quite disapointed.

Leo18032003

HSC
I do also agree that strict teachers are great, however dj is not strict. Tbh I was quite disapointed.
Thank you so much for everyone's reply, appreciate it!!!! Salad Man, I recently enrolled to Matrix Physics and I waitlisted in DJ's class on Wed. My Thursday class clashes with one of my subject at school, and when I contacted them, I got told to move back to Hurstville campus (as all the spots are full 😰). By any chance, do you think any student will change classes, or even give up one of their Physics class once the next term starts??? I am very distressed right now, and I have harassed the staff with a bunch of emails and phone calls (maybe they might block me too 😭). Any alternate solutions to my issue???

Leo18032003

HSC
Were you by chance in the saturday class?
I have other classes on Sat and I can only do Physics (1:30pm - 4:30pm) or (4:40pm - 7:40pm) (only if I get to switch Chem class to the 1:30pm class, and it's already full o_O)

Leo18032003

HSC
I don't know about this year but I think more students are going to Matrix (because all Chem classes at Strathfield campus are full)

erucibon

HSC
N/A
I have other classes on Sat and I can only do Physics (1:30pm - 4:30pm) or (4:40pm - 7:40pm) (only if I get to switch Chem class to the 1:30pm class, and it's already full o_O)
It's definitely not the end of the world if you don't get DJ as your Wednesday teacher - it is up to you to actually do the work. Maybe consider holiday course after the term if your teacher isn't great. I know Anant is working the Strathfield holiday course and he is great.

Last edited:

erucibon

HSC
N/A
I think term classes in the afternoons of a school day is a much better environment where you are ready to listen, and your classmates will actually talk. I remember DJ talked a lot of shit on his Saturday class cause they were so unenthuastic lol

Leo18032003

HSC
I asked to join any of Anant's Physics classes and they said they were all full though...(sad). I also asked them to arrange all of my classes to suit the time table and they said I have to be on waitlist until next term (but highly likely that none of the students will ever give up their currently enrolled classes)

Salad Man

HSC
Uni Grad
Thank you so much for everyone's reply, appreciate it!!!! Salad Man, I recently enrolled to Matrix Physics and I waitlisted in DJ's class on Wed. My Thursday class clashes with one of my subject at school, and when I contacted them, I got told to move back to Hurstville campus (as all the spots are full 😰). By any chance, do you think any student will change classes, or even give up one of their Physics class once the next term starts??? I am very distressed right now, and I have harassed the staff with a bunch of emails and phone calls (maybe they might block me too 😭). Any alternate solutions to my issue???
Dj is pretty popular, but i reckon since u got waitlisted pretty early you got a fair chance. I got waitlisted last term and got in cause a group of kids just transferred to another class. Theres always a group of kids that transfers in the 2nd lesson from what I've noticed from having been in Dj's class twice.

thisischris

HSC
I've been in Dj's class twice, and he never checks hw despite always saying he would at the intial start of lessons lol. We barely finished mod 5 content, and we didnt even complete mod 8. He likes to go offtrack quite occasionally, costing us time for theory. I've also noticed he likes to exaggerate difficuilty of certain aspects of theory like binding energy lol. We spent a full 45 mins going through like 3-4 pages one time. Though an upside are his anecdotal stories that at times can be quite entertaining and refresh attention span.
I've gotta disagree man. HE IS EPIC. Not for the faint-hearted though.

Salad Man

HSC
Uni Grad
Wut. He bluffs way too much. My friend literally comes 10-15 mins late every class, misses quizzes, does no hw, fails his topic tests and dj still let's him stay.

Salad Man

HSC
Uni Grad
Though I do respect him as a knowledgable teacher, I think he fell off. Maybe because of poor circumstance with things going on in his life but idk. Also find it cool how he taught my dad's friend way back who now has 2 kids and still looks in his 40s.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)