Maths Ext 2 Predictions/Thoughts (1 Viewer)

jxdesml

HSC
Does anyone know how the paper/answers will be set out? I know we have to answer on writing booklets, is it like one lined booklet per question?

luminol

HSC
Does anyone know how the paper/answers will be set out? I know we have to answer on writing booklets, is it like one lined booklet per question?
I think we get some booklets to write on with question numbers (tho with 4u we'll probably need extra booklets). I'm looking forward to losing the order of them tomorrow :(

jxdesml

HSC
I think we get some booklets to write on with question numbers (tho with 4u we'll probably need extra booklets). I'm looking forward to losing the order of them tomorrow :(
Oh god. I was already having booklets overload in modern history. I don't understand why they don't give us graph paper at least. Unless what I heard was wrong? Like how are we supposed to draw diagrams ...

Jojofelyx

HSC
Probably the latter i’ve done like 20 past papers the past few months but not any recently. And just the sheer possibility of questions they could ask in the exam is freaking scary. I don’t even wanna aim for an E4 anymore, but I feel like I’ve put in so much effort, it will be dissapointing to give it up now.
84% of people get E3 or above, and even still if you were to just scrape an E3 in extension 2 with an hsc mark of 70 (thats like a raw mark of 60), that will scale to ≈38 per unit.
A scaled 38 per unit of an 70 HSC mark extension 2, is equivalent to the following HSC marks for other subjects:
Chemistry-85. Economics-86. Physics-84. English Advanced-87.All of these scale to 38 per unit. So thinking of it that way, even just scraping an E3 in x2 isnt so bad.

Similarly, if you were to scrape a middle E3 with HSC mark of 80 for extension 2 that scales (≈42 per unit) to the same as the following.
Chemistry-90. Economics-90. Physics-90. English Advanced-91. Again, not so bad hey?

vishnay

God
HSC
84% of people get E3 or above, and even still if you were to just scrape an E3 in extension 2 with an hsc mark of 70 (thats like a raw mark of 60), that will scale to ≈38 per unit.
A scaled 38 per unit of an 70 HSC mark extension 2, is equivalent to the following HSC marks for other subjects:
Chemistry-85. Economics-86. Physics-84. English Advanced-87.All of these scale to 38 per unit. So thinking of it that way, even just scraping an E3 in x2 isnt so bad.

Similarly, if you were to scrape a middle E3 with HSC mark of 80 for extension 2 that scales (≈42 per unit) to the same as the following.
Chemistry-90. Economics-90. Physics-90. English Advanced-91. Again, not so bad hey?
lol the reason why everyone does 4u

HSC
I am screwed. I have forgotten/never learned most stuff. We only ever did 1 exam on complex numbers and some other shit last year. I never even had an ext2 trial.

I also absolutley adore how the test goes until 17:00. Simply outstanding!!

Jojofelyx

HSC
I am screwed. I have forgotten/never learned most stuff. We only ever did 1 exam on complex numbers and some other shit last year. I never even had an ext2 trial.

Hey 1. relax. 2. if youre feeling really unprepared, just look through trial papers, doesnt even matter if you solve them. or not, if you can formulate an approach fntastic, if you cant look at the answers. you can do it !! :)

HSC

1. I feel the exact same for advanced lol
2. honestly you won’t even notice that it’s 5:00. When I did the modern exam, time went 10x quicker and you honestly don’t even have time to think about what the time is.

Alistruggles

HSC
i'm here just hoping i can get at least 30 raw so i can still get into my course ?? :D (yes that's 30/100 btw)

ilikedolphin

HSC

Bruh is this true? cause when I check how much each subject affects my atar mx2 doesnt do much compared to physics when i put the same (aligned) mark

Siwel

HSC
Bruh is this true? cause when I check how much each subject affects my atar mx2 doesnt do much compared to physics when i put the same (aligned) mark
I think it depends on the exam difficulty

Jojofelyx

HSC
Thats exactly why it doesnt change much. Even a relatively 'shitty' x2 score isnt as significant of a scaled mark difference when compared to other subjects.
You can check it with matrix's atar calc and toggle on the advanced mode. They use the UAC scaling reports to make up their calc so its pretty reliable.

Anaya R

HSC
Pro tip in the exam...
If you're stuck, BREATHE. And if possible, take a drink of water.
Then move on.
The answer may hit you like a brick later on. I'm a pro at this happening ;)

TheShy

HSC
^Yup, best tip available. If you're stuck, skip the question and once you've finished all the questions you do know, you can spend the rest of the time working on questions you aren't sure about.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)