Class of 2025 (2025 HSC CHAT) (1 Viewer)

spiderfan44

HSC
Anyone know if i can switch to a distance ed at this point in time?I know its an extreme long shot, but Modern History is so boring for me and I really regret not doing Chemistry. I talked to my school about switching from my Earth class to Chem (as it was on this line) but they didnt let me because it would be two hard and detrimental to my other subjects apparently. If I switch to a distance ed course from modern, I could argue that if it goes bad I will just drop it at the end of the year. Plus, I have quite alot of insurance as I am debating doing science extension at the end of the year so could drop 4 units. Idkk though. From some general research dont think this switch to a distance ed course is even possible, but worth a try I guess.
My reason is is that I barley am botherd to do work in modern- is it worth me giving chem a go if i would feel i would enjoy it- i just drop if it goes bad right
as some who did distance ed full time for a about a year. i wouldnt recommend it unless youre a highly motivated person and you have a tutor or external resources for the subject youre taking. its hard to motivate yourself to do online work, its also a bit more tricky to correspond with the staff and get feedback. if youre motivated and know you will hold yourself accountable, go for it. but if you cant, dont

spiderfan44

HSC
How does one improve their English analysis skills
i had to make a complete 180 in y12 after i got my english prelims back in year 11 (i got a 65, lol). dont dick around in class, if your teacher gives you work, just do the work. its a boring ass class but actually do the in class work.

ask your teachers for feedback on your analysis. write some teals out of class in your spare time and get a teacher to look them over. get a tutor if you can, i dont have one personally but its helped others out.

melanie_o

HSC
Is anyone else taking prelim geography atm. How are you going to prepare for prelim exams, given that this year is a new syllabus and thus, different content and exam structure. Also, are there any good websites to consolidate geography skills? Geography is a W subject but this new content is going to be the DEATH of me without any proper practice/application questions. I really want a band 6 in geo. 🥺

sakinluvo

HSC
Is anyone else taking prelim geography atm. How are you going to prepare for prelim exams, given that this year is a new syllabus and thus, different content and exam structure. Also, are there any good websites to consolidate geography skills? Geography is a W subject but this new content is going to be the DEATH of me without any proper practice/application questions. I really want a band 6 in geo. 🥺
PROUD GEO REPRESENTER HERE!!! the syllabus is decently similar but its not too bad, i used the global interconnection book for yr 11s, i practice off practice papers sometimes hsc papers, im getting As so far. tbh if u can memorise and understand topics and apply them rlly well (like glaciers n stuff) ull be fine

anonymoushehe

HSC
I hate geography so bad I wanna drop it asap omfg

t234

HSC
how many subjects do you guys study in a day in the holidays??

for me i was thinking 3 subjects and 3u math each day.

(in the term i do 2 subjects and math for mon-fri)

or does it not matter lol

melanie_o

HSC
Need some tips on what to do leading up to english advanced prelims
I don’t know if your school is assessing all modules but what I’m doing is using my feedback from past assessments and refining my essays/imaginative pieces so that I will have improved on my previous works to absolutely DOMINATE prelims. Furthermore, I have skimmed through my texts to make sure that I still have a good idea of the context and the dominant discourses presented through the context of the composer (I.e. - What the composer is attempting to communicate to the responder). Finally, I’m pretty sure that most schools at the least will have short answer/mini extended response questions which you are required to read and respond to a variety of unseen text types (such as poems, prose extracts, articles, photographs, drawings, e.c.t). I have started to look online for examples of these text types whereby I try to find as many techniques and hence, analyse the techniques to extrapolate the key messages presented. A good website to check out to revise techniques is a matrix education blog which describes a lot of techniques which may prove useful in your exam
( https://www.matrix.edu.au/essential...MItPTT7_mUhwMVSPdMAh0irwGREAAYASAAEgIqEvD_BwE ) . Additionally, you could check out the FREE ********* online holiday lectures which I believe start tomorrow- make sure to register as I have found these lectures to be useful to gain further insight and understanding into proper exam techniques and what teachers/markers WANT to see to maximise your marks.

https://*********.com/lectures/nsw

FYI - Y11 English is TOMORROW so register ASAP!

I hope this helps - I lowkey am lost too ngl 😭🥹.
Slay the day! 🫡

melanie_o

HSC
how many subjects do you guys study in a day in the holidays??

for me i was thinking 3 subjects and 3u math each day.

(in the term i do 2 subjects and math for mon-fri)

or does it not matter lol
I just do like 30 min x 3 subjects for now - Practice questions + yt/atomi videos for further clarification. I’m with you for 3U maths - It’s going to be the DEATH of me 😭 like why is it low key serving easy but then perms and combs RUINS my vibe Uggggh! 🤩.
Anywho, 3 subjects a day is good but also take time to have a BREAK bestie or otherwise you’ll become a flop and then have to leave the country and live on FLOPTROPICA with Queen Jiafei. 🥹🤭.

Average Boreduser

Rising Renewal
HSC
I just do like 30 min x 3 subjects for now - Practice questions + yt/atomi videos for further clarification. I’m with you for 3U maths - It’s going to be the DEATH of me 😭 like why is it low key serving easy but then perms and combs RUINS my vibe Uggggh! 🤩.
Anywho, 3 subjects a day is good but also take time to have a BREAK bestie or otherwise you’ll become a flop and then have to leave the country and live on FLOPTROPICA with Queen Jiafei. 🥹🤭.
whats w the random personality switch up 💀

HSC
[
this is real asf😭😭😭 i fw inequalities, binomials, etc. but NOT combinatorics🙅‍♂️🚫

melanie_o

HSC
Has anyone thought about how NSW y12 gives us a unique opportunity to experience what it would be like to be at an American/UK/Northern hemisphere school, since we essentially start the next school year in like 4 months so around the same time + 1 month later on par with the beginning of US school years. Also WDYM we will be in y12 in like 4 months. I’m just a 12 yo girl in y7 2020 doing online school and playing the old map of bloxburg without any free users but I’ll be an adult in 1 1/2 years like omg I’m cooked. 😭. Does anybody match my freak like why is the square root of -1 = i, 4U maths is going to destroy me whilst I start a year of gaslighting myself into thinking I’m still an academic weapon starting in October. Istg ATAR/HSC results day is going to be so anticlimactic even though most nights I have nightmares about not getting 90+ ATAR because I have developed NO personality within the span of high school (thank you so much Covid 🥵🥹) and now my self worth is defined by my grades because there is nothing in my brain except that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell.

For all my 2025 besties let’s all cook whilst simultaneously be cooked because the world did not end when Bloxburg became free and the new map is coming out. 😭😭😭😭🥹🤭🤫🎀.

P.s. Coquette spiders are the new black 🎀🕷🎀.

P.s. I’ve just reread what I just wrote and oml someone needs to take me to a psych ward because I SWEAR I did not just write that. Someone must’ve HACKED my account because I don’t think I’ve ever put in more effort into anything. If only I could harness this aura into actually making my English teacher proud 🥲.

Flop, out. (insert mic 🎤 drop)
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🙄🙄.

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
Has anyone thought about how NSW y12 gives us a unique opportunity to experience what it would be like to be at an American/UK/Northern hemisphere school, since we essentially start the next school year in like 4 months so around the same time + 1 month later on par with the beginning of US school years. Also WDYM we will be in y12 in like 4 months. I’m just a 12 yo girl in y7 2020 doing online school and playing the old map of bloxburg without any free users but I’ll be an adult in 1 1/2 years like omg I’m cooked. 😭. Does anybody match my freak like why is the square root of -1 = i, 4U maths is going to destroy me whilst I start a year of gaslighting myself into thinking I’m still an academic weapon starting in October. Istg ATAR/HSC results day is going to be so anticlimactic even though most nights I have nightmares about not getting 90+ ATAR because I have developed NO personality within the span of high school (thank you so much Covid 🥵🥹) and now my self worth is defined by my grades because there is nothing in my brain except that the mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell.

For all my 2025 besties let’s all cook whilst simultaneously be cooked because the world did not end when Bloxburg became free and the new map is coming out. 😭😭😭😭🥹🤭🤫🎀.

P.s. I’ve just reread what I just wrote and oml someone needs to take me to a psych ward because I SWEAR I did not just write that. Someone must’ve HACKED my account because I don’t think I’ve ever put in more effort into anything. If only I could harness this aura into actually making my English teacher proud 🥲.

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🙄🙄.
i love the way your brain works

C_master

HSC

🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡🙄🙄.
ur a vibe

melanie_o

HSC
Does anyone know if my school can stop me from changing biology classes/lines in term 4 if my dropped subject happens to be on the same line as the bio class I want to switch (the other bio teacher actually EXPLAINS and does explicit teaching whilst my current teacher just gives us presentations and leaves us to self pace our work 😭). So other than the class being full (I’m pretty sure there are extra spaces), can my request be denied? I really hope I can because I know that year 12 content is way more intricate and requires more than just rote memorisation 🥹. Any advice?

Help a girl out 🎀🥲.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)