Did anyone else **genuinely** fuck up their english trials (missed questions, incomplete responses)? (2 Viewers)

IhateEnglish123

HSC
i wonder why you think you're disciplined enough to put down someone who studies 5 hours everyday. i also wonder why @spiderfan44 didn't just let you choose their subjects for them since you seem to be more involved in their life than they are
i'm not putting them down for putting in effort, i'm putting them down for wasting their efforts. If anybody else here studied 5 hours a day every day they could probably state rank in their subjects especially when your hardest subject is english standard.

Cute-Duckie

HSC
i'm not putting them down for putting in effort, i'm putting them down for wasting their efforts. If anybody else here studied 5 hours a day every day they could probably state rank in their subjects especially when your hardest subject is english standard.
dude they literally explained why they study as much as they do to get results they want, it's for a very valid reason, and everyone learns differently. it's sad this still needs to be explained to you.

iloveeggs

HSC
having asd and adhd. i have quite slow processing speed, so i need to study for longer than others to get the same results. it takes me longer to process information and understand concepts properly, take notes, read, etc. i can either study 3 hours and do poorly, or study 5 hours and do well.
do you just not read or do you choose to be ignorant??? let's not pass judgement on a situation we aren't familiar with

IhateEnglish123

HSC
dude they literally explained why they study as much as they do to get results they want, it's for a very valid reason, and everyone learns differently. it's sad this still needs to be explained to you.
please gain basic english reading comprehension skills before replying to my post 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

rev668

HSC
i wonder why you think you're disciplined enough to put down someone who studies 5 hours everyday. i also wonder why @spiderfan44 didn't just let you choose their subjects for them since you seem to be more involved in their life than they are
i think what they meant was like 5 hours of study a day would be b6s for everything and like a state rank, you cant study for 5 hours a day and whine about not having money or being "humbled" by leaving high school, especially when your hardest subject is english standard

rev668

HSC
have you not seen selective school kids that don't do ANYTHING outside of school? by that i mean every part of their life, even the "hobbies" they have are to build up a portfolio for uni or future job prospects or something. and often these are the kinds of kids that are also loaded af. their lives revolve around their academic/extracurricular success and they're able to cope with all these commitments bc their parents coddle them and align everything in their life to be convenient for them e.g. taking care of personal chores so that the kid can study, dropping and picking kids up as much as possible to minimise time wasted etc. so yeah these types of kids def don't have jobs either.

i actually do agree with everything you said, especially about the money saving/making part tho, people should make money or at least save up if they are fortunate enough to have the time to do so. and yeah like you said people should do shit other than studying.

but my point is that there are so many kids out there whose whole life is just school, home, study, eat, sleep and repeat. also you are genuinely kidding if you think a lot of top selective school kids have jobs, or even if they do, that they do that job to save for the future. a majority of kids in selective schools live comfortably without having to earn themselves and some are extra loaded. so yeah by your own logic you can see how a lot of these kids don't understand a world where they have to hustle. the main motivation for people to work in selective schools is to do tutoring jobs and therefore have work experience for a uni side hustle lined up or to earn enough to have pocket money.

also some people are just poor and any money they earn is to spend on thing they need at that point so you can't genuinely blame people for not having a "reliable source of funds". seems like you're a bit out of touch here
not reading all that but saw "i actually do agree with everything you said" nice to see we found common ground on not just letting these people get off with "studying all day" and being broke and having no friends, we should shame them

Cute-Duckie

HSC
please gain basic english reading comprehension skills before replying to my post 🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️
they're not wasting their efforts because they have places they want to be, and they refuse to let anything hold them back. what they're doing is extremely commendable, and I don't think you should put them down just because their study habits and reasons for working hard don't fit your definition of success.

sorry buddy pal, i didn't read that second message, not that it changes anything but i apologise for not reading it.
also touche after telling me to gain reading comprehension skills 🥰

IhateEnglish123

HSC
they're not wasting their efforts because they have places they want to be, and they refuse to let anything hold them back. what they're doing is extremely commendable, and I don't think you should put them down just because their study habits and reasons for working hard don't fit your definition of success.

also touche after telling me to gain reading comprehension skills 🥰
im sorry to have to explain this to you but missing something entirely is not having bad reading comprehension skills, reading comprehension involves reading it in the first place, which i did not. Hope this helps 👍👍👍

iloveeggs

HSC
i think what they meant was like 5 hours of study a day would be b6s for everything and like a state rank, you cant study for 5 hours a day and whine about not having money or being "humbled" by leaving high school, especially when your hardest subject is english standard
wow you are clinging to that being humbled thing lmaoo did that strike a nerve

like i fucking said already why do you care if they get a b6 in their subjects or not??? unless you want to tutor them and help them get better? but your criticism is not constructive so thats why you want to bitch about it and put them down instead of trying to be empathetic

also if you can't stand someone "complaining" log off and touch grass. im sure youll cope

iloveeggs

HSC
not reading all that but saw "i actually do agree with everything you said" nice to see we found common ground on not just letting these people get off with "studying all day" and being broke and having no friends, we should shame them
yes if you go through 18 years of your life and blow all of it on your academics whats unique about you?

Cute-Duckie

HSC
im sorry to have to explain this to you but missing something entirely is not having bad reading comprehension skills, reading comprehension involves reading it in the first place, which i did not. Hope this helps 👍👍👍
true that tbh, but i still find the fact that you missed that message funny because it directly explained their situation (which they didn't even need to justify given it's private). But I guess you were too busy putting them down to notice.

anyway, im glad you didn't have anything negative to say about the actually meaningful part of my message and instead are just picking bones.

in other news im going to bed, night pookies

IhateEnglish123

HSC
true that tbh, but i still find the fact that you missed that message funny because it directly explained their situation (which they didn't even need to justify given it's private). But I guess you were too busy putting them down to notice.

anyway, im glad you didn't have anything negative to say about the actually meaningful part of my message and instead are just picking bones.

in other news im going to bed, night pookies
night night dont let the standard 2 past papers bite

rev668

HSC
wow you are clinging to that being humbled thing lmaoo did that strike a nerve

like i fucking said already why do you care if they get a b6 in their subjects or not??? unless you want to tutor them and help them get better? but your criticism is not constructive so thats why you want to bitch about it and put them down instead of trying to be empathetic

also if you can't stand someone "complaining" log off and touch grass. im sure youll cope
im tryna say its abit counter intuitive studying 5 hours a day for those subject especially if you get no b6s and also even worse if you dont have money or friends, dunno why you just hit me with a paragraph and not an answer

spiderfan44

HSC
i have autism, i cant change that. what else do you believe i should i put my effort towards that would be better? i dont think im wasting my efforts, i think im putting in effort into good grades so i can pursue a well paying degree in a field i like. i was born with a disability, im not in a top ranked selective school. those are the cards i was dealt and im trying to make the most of it. would you prefer i give up completely and just go on a home and living ndis plan instead?

spiderfan44

HSC
im tryna say its abit counter intuitive studying 5 hours a day for those subject especially if you get no b6s and also even worse if you dont have money or friends, dunno why you just hit me with a paragraph and not an answer
who said im not getting b6s? also i have money and friends, i just dont have enough money for a down payment on a house, which i think is a pretty normal situation for 18 year olds1723987481908.png

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)