• Want to take part in this year's BoS Trials event for Maths and/or Business Studies?
    Click here for details and register now!
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Ranks Issue :( (1 Viewer)

ilovecutecats

HSC
N/A
So theres a kid above me in business. However, he has now got an unconditional offer and is not studying too much anymore. I'm expecting to get an 78-85 raw in business and since he is not studying anymore he has told me he thinks he would get like 65-70 raw. The difference in our internal marks is not much but I am worried about him pulling down my business mark due to his higher rank. Does anybody know what would happen?

Demons

HSC
So theres a kid above me in business. However, he has now got an unconditional offer and is not studying too much anymore. I'm expecting to get an 78-85 raw in business and since he is not studying anymore he has told me he thinks he would get like 65-70 raw. The difference in our internal marks is not much but I am worried about him pulling down my business mark due to his higher rank. Does anybody know what would happen?
If your mark is slightly varied with his then I think you should be alright and might be dragged down a bit but not too much, but if the rest of your class does better than him by a lot then he will be considered an outlier and Im not sure what happens then.

Overall, I think the best thing you can do now is try and get him to study, but if that doesn't work you can try and grind really hard so much that you get a really good mark which is above his then you wouldn't be dragged down so much, but idk if Im right tho.

whattimeisit

HSC
You won't necessarily get their mark; if his rank typically expects an 80ish, you'll likely get an 80ish as well.

Pielavender1234

HSC
You would be fine in this particular scenario. If he doesnt try at all and gets a bad mark of 60, you get a good mark of 85. It all depends on your rank mark, like what mark you get internally bc of your rank. So if your for example 4th and the other kid is 3rd, he gets the third highest mark of 88, he gets an average of 74, and is the 4th highest mark is 87, then you will get an average of 86. So you will be brought up. So it all depends on how well the school cohort for business does in the hsc.

ilovecutecats

HSC
N/A
You would be fine in this particular scenario. If he doesnt try at all and gets a bad mark of 60, you get a good mark of 85. It all depends on your rank mark, like what mark you get internally bc of your rank. So if your for example 4th and the other kid is 3rd, he gets the third highest mark of 88, he gets an average of 74, and is the 4th highest mark is 87, then you will get an average of 86. So you will be brought up. So it all depends on how well the school cohort for business does in the hsc.
My business class is not too academically inclined, its just around 3-5 of us that have potential

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)