• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

URGENT! I need the best memorising tips for english essays (1 Viewer)

Sunny1422

HSC
GUYSS!!

I need adviceeee! I need the fastest tips to memorise 4 essays FAST (Im in English advanced)

Strafe

HSC
theres no secret lad. read it, write it for hours and hours. take a 10 min break in between re writes by getting ur heart rate up (run up the stairs or smth anything), then repeat. when ur reading it, make sure u dont just skim it or read it for the sake of reading it, read it out loud and say the words out like ur actually trynna recite it. u got this lad

enchantedivory27

HSC
i am memorising essay plans and quotes/analysis cos u have no idea of the question and a memorised thesis will get u in trouble if its wrong to the question. but you can memorise general intros and body paras to adapt, but adapting is the crucial bit

its_ace21

/æɪs/
HSC
GUYSS!!

I need adviceeee! I need the fastest tips to memorise 4 essays FAST (Im in English advanced)
reading out loud (and walking around in my room at the same time) helped me memorise essays really fast

i use to sometimes dot point the essays and memorise those (id focus on the quotes/analysis first), and then id continue to memorise the full essay

Sunny1422

HSC
reading out loud (and walking around in my room at the same time) helped me memorise essays really fast

i use to sometimes dot point the essays and memorise those (id focus on the quotes/analysis first), and then id continue to memorise the full essay
Thankss, I'm going to try it out!

HSC
N/A
Here are some quick and effective tips to help you memorize your essays fast:

1. Summarize Key Points
  • Create one-page summaries for each essay, highlighting the main arguments, quotes, and themes. Use bullet points for clarity.
2. Use Mnemonics
  • Create acronyms or phrases to help remember key points. For example, if your essays cover different themes, create a word from the first letter of each theme.
3. Practice Active Recall
  • After reading each essay, try to write down or recite the main points from memory. This reinforces what you've learned and identifies areas needing more focus.
4. Teach It to Someone Else
  • Explain your essays to a friend or even to yourself. Teaching forces you to process the information and makes it easier to remember.
5. Record and Listen
  • Record yourself reading the essays and listen to them repeatedly, especially while doing other tasks or before sleeping. Hearing the material helps reinforce memory.
6. Chunk the Information
  • Break down each essay into sections (introduction, body, conclusion) and memorize each part separately before piecing it all together.
7. Visual Aids
  • Create mind maps or diagrams that visually represent the main ideas and connections within each essay. Visuals can aid in retention.
8. Review Regularly
  • Schedule brief review sessions for each essay throughout the day. Repetition over short intervals can enhance retention.
9. Stay Organized
  • Keep your study space tidy and ensure all your materials are easy to access. Clutter can distract you from focusing on your essays.
10. Stay Hydrated and Rested
  • Don’t underestimate the importance of staying hydrated and getting enough sleep. Both play crucial roles in memory retention.
I hope this helps 😀

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)