• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2024 HSC Chat (9 Viewers)

Legendary16

HSC
the one ive memorised ive used for a 20 mark in trials, 20 in ext and a 10 internally lol! Its around 800 words? I can add more on the day depending on the stim for a 20 to get it to 1k. Its too long for a 10 but this story is literally my child and theres not much I can take out of it sooo. I can write it in 25 mins tho so I should have enough time if theres a justification
800 in 25 is cooked. Bruh I can only do 500 in 20...Though I can really relate to the story being your child, I'm also quite proud of how my story ended up.

appleali

HSC
do you guys think they are gonna put an extract q for common mod? theyve never done that before so they might

sainzsgf

HSC
do you guys think they are gonna put an extract q for common mod? theyve never done that before so they might
they would need to find an extract that fits a question for basically every text and for both standard and advanced, i doubt it but i may be proved very wrong so lol

appleali

HSC
they would need to find an extract that fits a question for basically every text and for both standard and advanced, i doubt it but i may be proved very wrong so lol
i mean they could split it into many questions like they do with the other modules and have an extract for each text
although i do think its unlikely since its common to standard

k2024

HSC
hey guys just wondering if anyone doing modern history or business has any plans for study? really struggling with the amount of content in both

Just trying to focus on english for now 😳

katiekms

it’s like a big train wreck (la la la)
HSC
what if i give up on memorising full essays and only memorise quotes, techniques, and general analysis , as well as the things i did wrong in my trials so i don’t do it again in the hsc. doesn’t sound that hard. surely it’ll be fine..… i did decent in trials with this sorta method and i did it the day before….

K2Trappy

HSC
so we just memorising pieces for mod c or what?
anyone got a goated strat?
for trials I had 2 one on literature and one on friendship and (touchwood it works in hsc) u can just literature and friendship is everything, like for few years ago momentum u can say they both give u momentum, the street art work one u can say how literature and these things allow u to express ur true self ... plain yap

Legendary16

HSC
hey guys just wondering if anyone doing modern history or business has any plans for study? really struggling with the amount of content in both

Just trying to focus on english for now 😳
Business here!
When I want to take a break from English, I just end up reading through my notes for one of the topics (for 4 days) repeatedly, so that at least some definitions retain. It can also help in identifying if there are sections in the syllabus you find harder to memorise and therefore to focus on those.

Aeonium

zero sugar, zero ice
HSC
N/A
what if i give up on memorising full essays and only memorise quotes, techniques, and general analysis , as well as the things i did wrong in my trials so i don’t do it again in the hsc. doesn’t sound that hard. surely it’ll be fine..… i did decent in trials with this sorta method and i did it the day before….
you have 6 days, not one
don't js memorise what you did, you have to apply it consistently to lock it in

aqwerty13402

HSC
so we just memorising pieces for mod c or what?
anyone got a goated strat?
speaking it out loud works for me. Speak a sentence until u get it verbatim. Then do the second one. Once you have the second one, speak everything up until that point.

thats how ive alr memorised all my essays besides a mod c reflection. i'm def an auditory learner tho, so u gotta find (ASAP) what works for u

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 4, Guests: 5)