• Best of luck to the class of 2024 for their HSC exams. You got this!
    Let us know your thoughts on the HSC exams here
  • YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

Bro Pls Dont Steal Mark pls (1 Viewer)

ilovecutecats

HSC
N/A
So I reckon I did well on my std eng exam hopefully 75/100 raw at least. I ranked 2nd but the course mark between me and first is only 2 marks. My course mark is 77 and his is 79. He got an early offer and didnt care about his hsc anymore. He didnt even finish his common mod essay. If he gets a 71/100 and i get an 80 externally what would happen?

katiekms

/bænd/
HSC
So I reckon I did well on my std eng exam hopefully 75/100 raw at least. I ranked 2nd but the course mark between me and first is only 2 marks. My course mark is 77 and his is 79. He got an early offer and didnt care about his hsc anymore. He didnt even finish his common mod essay. If he gets a 71/100 and i get an 80 externally what would happen?
he’s first, so he gets the highest exam mark. but i think if there’s a significant difference (more than 71 vs 80 i’d say) i think something else happens.

Solarised

HSC
Since you would get the average of your rank(assessment mark) and what you did for the exam you would be getting like 74-76/100 and then after alignment you should be looking at like 80/100 overall while the dude ranked first would get an 84-86 aligned mark

ilovecutecats

HSC
N/A
Since you would get the average of your rank(assessment mark) and what you did for the exam you would be getting like 74-76/100 and then after alignment you should be looking at like 80/100 overall while the dude ranked first would get an 84-86 aligned mark
Its standard eng I dont think he would get that high scaling sucks

ilovecutecats

HSC
N/A
The course mark between me and him is very close though. Don't they keep the difference in course mark? So if he gets 80 I would get 78?

spiderfan44

HSC
maybe it was a conditional offer? hopefully?

minjihypeboy

HSC
N/A
he could be counted as an outlier and then not contribute to ur scaling i think

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)