enoilgam
Reaction score

Profile posts Latest activity Postings About

• That's good!!

Sigh... I have exams in 6 days >.<... business, english and english!!!!!!!! argggg... hate life atm t.t.....
    Hey enoil.. how's uni and etc??

This period is so stressful atm =.=............ i wish the HSC was over asap!!!!
    hey enoilgam!
    michaeljennings said you were the king in atar estimates :)

quick question:
    I go to a rank ~100 school
    I accelerated last year Business Studies and got 92

My rankings are:
    Advanced English: 26/81
    Chemistry: 14/43
    Maths 3U:17/63
    Maths 4U:12/33

Edit;and my raw marks are in the HSC exams average:
    mid 60's in Adv English ( out of 105)
    low-mid 70's in Chem (out of 100)
    low-mid 60's in Maths 3U (out of 84)
    low-mid 70's in Maths 4U (out of 120)

can you please tell me what im looking at and what are the scaled marks?
    thank you ♥
    subject... overall rank... new exam result (percentage) CSSA TRIALS
    English advanced....21/69......62%
    Maths advanced.....2/40.......82%
    Maths extension.....7/12.......28/50
    Physics.................1/18.......72%
    Chemistry..............3/14.......69%
    SOR2unit...............5/40.......77%

new school rank: 400

thank you.
    Hey :) I know this is really random of me, but since you've done the whole hsc thing, I was just wondering if you'd be able just to scheme over my short story and perhaps give me a few tips on it? I understand you might not be an expert on this but you seem to be very knowledgeable lol and i honestly have no idea what markers are looking for in short stories! I got 10/15 for my last one and i actually lost marks because the story plot was a bit cliche so i re-started the whole thing. Please read it if it's possible? If you dont have time then it's understandable, thank anyway :)
    hey mag is this correct? just copy and pasted what i wrote in prev/ thread

"Internal assessment marks are very important because it demonstrates where your rank stands
    relative to your cohort

being ranked 2nd (behind 1st by 5 marks) is the exact same as being ranked 5th and behind 1st by 5 marks.

you may be ranked 2nd by 5 marks.. which would bring your internal assessment lower than if you were 2nd by only 1 mark

So rank + internal marks = both equally important"
    I'm very grateful for the ranks i've gotten this year though hehe and soo proud hehe.. in prelims i was bottom in everything (20% final for maths, 40% final for english, 50% for business final, 40% final for ancient and eco 80% in 2010 prelims).. and HSC has been a huge elevation for me. I use be called a 'dumb' always so this was my self-motivation with the prospect of law in my future. Very to happy though considering i've been coming 1st in eco, ancient and english numerous times this year with good preparation and motivation .. (XD i will never ever call myself smart though, im just prepared i guess) However i believe maths is very disappointing considering i went to one of the best mathematics colleges in sydney and still did so poorly. (Lack of exam techniques and i lacked constitency in my mathematics)

However, im just finding it really difficult to study all subjects comprehensivley T.T.. I really want to do law though, im thinking about going into politics in my future.
    Yes i put my top 3 as macq. combined degrees and rest as other supplementary degrees.

Im just finding it really difficult, since HSC is in about 22-23 days.. Im not sure how to approach my studying atm.. I'm still revising on my notes and I have only tackled past papers for math.. I haven't even touched ancient and eco and they are my two best subjects T.T...

argg the HSC is doom, i can't imagine doing law in uni.. it would be 100x chaotic.. ATM im doing about 8hrs of study per day T.T... I am balancing my life out well though which is making me able to handle my stress.

how is uni for you?? didn't you recently have exams??
    Hey enoil!! T.T my studies aren't going to well these days which is a shock. T.T....

i've been prepared but still not doing enough.. too distracted by the internet lol... this is why im back on bos.. (very difficult to leave lol)..

Btw im doing uac atm!! If i really want to do law at mq , should I put all my preferences in uac as combined law degrees. eg. 1. Law/commerce 2. Law/arts 3. Law/international studies.. (and do they have different amount of positions for each combined course??)
    school rank 63
    english advanced 19/42 top 20 get band 6
    business studies 23/43 top 25 band 6 most likely
    ancient history 19/27 lowest mark is like band 4's and teacher said everyone should atleast get band 5
    turkish dnt no how much people doing it .. but im 3rd and teacher said i can get 85-90 in exam
    biology 20/24 raw mark 65

if i achieve the marks in the other message i posted can i achieve an atar of 87
  • Loading…
  • Loading…
  • Loading…