N/A
I did two poems: Crossing The Red Sea & Migrant Hostel

Two Related Texts: Run For Your Life, Priscilla: Queen Of The Desert

jessi90

HSC
i hope the people with one related text lose at least 3-4 marks

sdx91

HSC
I did Peter Skrzynecki and used two poems, Red Sea and Migrant Hostel and then did two related texts, Castaway and Cool Runnings but only wrote like a paragraph for Cool Runnings lol..

I think if your doing P.S, two poems and one related is good enough if you did it really well like me.. =p

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It says two of your own choosing, regardless of how many of Skrzynecki's poems you do.

sdx91

HSC
I think they tend to look more at Skryznecki rather than your prescribed texts.. that's what I heard atleast.

Just.Snaz

HSC
jessi90 said:
i hope the people with one related text lose at least 3-4 marks
well that's very nice of you

EDIT: I did two skrzynecki and two related.

HSC
You should always have two related for every module, and area of study, i know we were told to have two incase they ask for two and at least if they ask for one you can pick or put both in, I had two and could write about them for ages

Hatta

HSC
Ah, I love my English teacher now... he always made us use three related texts for assignments so that we could choose the ones that fit the question best.

Having said that, I messed it up. But (as lots of people have said, but I just can't resist restating things), I think as long as you know your prescribed well, not much will be lost for only one related text.

HSC
u-borat said:
yup, you can't use prescribed texts from other modules as your related texts.
technically i think you can but they do not like it, as you are not demonstraiting that you are knowledgable in a variety of texts.

jackie07

HSC
i done physical journey. so i have one pescribed text= two skrzynecki poems (was not told that untill after trials, teacher totally screwed me) and TWO related materials.

Garygaz

HSC
Wow, so many people only used one related material? If you read the past papers from virtually EVERY year it says to use 2 R.M, not to be a party pooper, but that means you're not answering the question and will incur a substantial mark deduction.

Freakin600

HSC
i did two additional texts and just one coleridge poem; is that ok?

jenblop

HSC
dont you loose marks for 1 i mean it ses it on the board of studies website on the hsc notes thingy lolz

Garygaz

HSC
Freakin600 said:
i did two additional texts and just one coleridge poem; is that ok?
I don't do Coleridge, so I can't say. You at least answered to question, because you did two related and your prescribed text. *Which the question asks you to do*

walkahz

HSC
Ha Ha i love my english teacher now!!! We have always been told to know in detail at least 2 and preferably 3 related texts because they can ask for 2 related texts.

andynhan

HSC
I did 2 related texts, Sir Edmund Hillary "A view from the summit" and Federick McCubbin's "The Pionner" and 3 poems...

i think i rushed the last poem, but my teacher said its better to do 3 poems then 2 since it shows its the core texts! just wondering who else did 3 thats all

stormz89

HSC
Didn't anyone put the stimulus material in? Thats counts as one related text doesn't he? and you have to choose one of your own plus the prescribed text.
I did Skrzynecki's crossing the red sea and migrant hostel, book cover - the ivory trail by victor kelleher and journey to freedom by van hai nguyen.

That's why they gave out the stimulus material to schools ain't it?

HSC
stormz89 said:
Didn't anyone put the stimulus material in? Thats counts as one related text doesn't he? and you have to choose one of your own plus the prescribed text.
I did Skrzynecki's crossing the red sea and migrant hostel, book cover - the ivory trail by victor kelleher and journey to freedom by van hai nguyen.

That's why they gave out the stimulus material to schools ain't it?
the stimulus booklet was taken out of the syllabus last year. if it was needed, they would have asked.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)