1 related material or 2 (1 Viewer)

HSC
stormz89 said:
I still stand by my edit.

its the same with every other question in any subject, if no one gets a question correct it becomes scrapped from the marking.

Especially in maths 2+ unit where no one gets the answer for the last question correct.
i don't think it'll be scrapped, since so many people did use 2 RTs. it's just that if everyone does really bad at something they scale you up because the question was too hard.

Sam(uel)

HSC
Yeah, the kind of indepth analysis of King Lear wouldn't be done by an individual student out of choice. I wouldn't be bothered lol.

stormz89

HSC
russianROULETTE said:
i don't think it'll be scrapped, since so many people did use 2 RTs. it's just that if everyone does really bad at something they scale you up because the question was too hard.
yeah thats sort of what I meant, but I worded it really badly using stupid concepts.

J.a.d.e :-)

Nom Cupcakes...!
HSC
If it says two, you should do two.

Doing one in detail rather then two poorly might be better in terms of quality, but people who answer two poorly are addressing the question, someone doing one isn't.

Maybe?

I dunno, the HSC is dodgey.

Trebla

Administrator
Administrator
HSC
I highly doubt the criteria would be lenient for those who did one related text only. A similar thing happened in 2001 Paper 1, and those who did only one related text were ultimately unable to gain many marks in that year. If they do change the marking scheme, then you guys would be very lucky...

SimonLee13

HSC
namburger said:
I hope you lose all your marks for being such a bloody tool
^^ This guy didn't do 2 related texts? Arguably you completed only 3/4 of the test which means your max mark will be capped prob at 16?

hked

HSC
rofl..dudes, u always prepare 2. what if the first one you prepare doesnt fit the question?

regardless, we were asked to prepare 3, and most of our school did so accordingly.

ctamas

HSC
kevinx2 said:
Better to do one related well, rather than two poorly.

I did one related because i couldn't be bothered :rolleyes:
English not gonna count for me anyways.
i'm sorry, but english counts for everyone? are you shitting me? u have to realise its a compulsory subject..........

black_kat_meow

hihiwhywhy
HSC
I think it's unfair if people aren't penalised for doing one related text. It's not even like the 2001, this time they said specifically TWO, in capital letters.

It was kind of obvious anyway. If they used to have a prescribed text, a stimulus booklet piece and a related text of own choosing, as if you'd only have to write about one other text besides your prescibed this year.

And people, if you don't have another related text, you MAKE ONE UP. If you have half a brain this is possible, I know people who have done it and received quite good marks before, hahaha, otherwise you do one off the top of your head. (that would be the better option, lol)

P

prole

Any1 who thinks they wont be penalised for using only one related text is kiding themselves. The fact of the matter is the question demanded two texts, thus to answer the question proprely you needed to discuss two. Didn't use two = don't expect full marks.

Thats how exams work. Simple as that.

Also the argument that they may alter the marking scheme is ridiculos. This isnt a case where the majority of the candidature has misinterpreted a question, thus effecting a rethink of marking criteria. What has occured is several students, a minority as far as i can tell, simply fauiling to meet question requirments. Its the equivelant to not doing a prescribed text in ur essay, or answering a question in the comprehension section using text one instead of the text two, or writing a letter instead of a speech in the creative.

They won't change. Sorry guys.

Garygaz

HSC
prole said:
Any1 who thinks they wont be penalised for using only one related text is kiding themselves. The fact of the matter is the question demanded two texts, thus to answer the question proprely you needed to discuss two. Didn't use two = don't expect full marks.

Thats how exams work. Simple as that.

Also the argument that they may alter the marking scheme is ridiculos. This isnt a case where the majority of the candidature has misinterpreted a question, thus effecting a rethink of marking criteria. What has occured is several students, a minority as far as i can tell, simply fauiling to meet question requirments. Its the equivelant to not doing a prescribed text in ur essay, or answering a question in the comprehension section using text one instead of the text two, or writing a letter instead of a speech in the creative.

They won't change. Sorry guys.
Pretty much this guys. Don't kid yourself into thinking you'll get great marks if you DIDN'T follow the question.

sle3pe3bumz

glorious beacon of light
HSC
I hated how we had to use 2 related texts. As I'm doing Coleridge, I was planning to do 2 poems and 1 related text.

In the end I done 1 poem, and 1 mediocre analysis and another crap one for the related texts.

Eh.

dumarab

HSC
I did two. I prepared two. I've always done two.

But my last one is pretty shit so yea.

dumarab

HSC
black_kat_meow said:
I think it's unfair if people aren't penalised for doing one related text. It's not even like the 2001, this time they said specifically TWO, in capital letters.

It was kind of obvious anyway. If they used to have a prescribed text, a stimulus booklet piece and a related text of own choosing, as if you'd only have to write about one other text besides your prescibed this year.

And people, if you don't have another related text, you MAKE ONE UP. If you have half a brain this is possible, I know people who have done it and received quite good marks before, hahaha, otherwise you do one off the top of your head. (that would be the better option, lol)
Yes i agree it's unfair. But i don't think BOS will be easy because half did 2 related.

DJ90

HSC
I did 1 poem and 2 related. I believe i got screwed out of marks though. In our class we never even mentioned the word 'perscribed' so when i saw "perscribed text" i only assumed 1 poem and the title of the list said "list of perscribed texts". Then this other bloke was telling me that perscribed text means that imagined corners and that i was meant to do the two i planned to use..hopefully you understand what im trying to say lol. This was the one exam i wanted to do real good in and because of a poor teaching i feel cheated...we didint even use that imagined corners book the whole time, not one mention i swear...he just printed of the poems for us. I feel shit.

BTW i saw some people saying students who done 1 related text should be marked harshly. Maybe that person is not as academly gifted as some of you people or they jsut read the question wrong, doesnt mean they should be crucified. Obviosuly they wont get the best mark but they shoudl alteast get awarded for effort.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)