10 days to catch up on all work? (1 Viewer)

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
yeah i started doing summaries during the first fe days and then stopped. i will take msn off my pc at the end of the holidays. and i know i can stop coming on bored unless i need resources, though i'll go onto bored for resources, since i cannot sign into bored at school. it won't let me in?!

Blackalicious

HSC
hahahaha
i did exactly the same thing last year.
Just plonk your butt down and study you still have time even if there isnt much.

hyperbole

i LURRVE to exaggerate.
HSC
Jaydels said:
see i think this is where most people get into trouble, "I'll start in a day or two". These often turn into more days, then weeks until its the end of the holidays and you think, "crap I haven't done any work".
Yeah, I know. Procrastination is the big killer. It's been what? Two days, and I still haven't started any work. :rolleyes:

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
procrastination is like sex. you can have a little or you can have a lot, and it comes at the wierdest of times.

jezmarelda

HSC
good luck to all u guys wish u the best :)

its our turn 2006

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
lesmiester_dj said:
procrastination is like sex. you can have a little or you can have a lot, and it comes at the wierdest of times.
That's stupid. I believe you're looking for this one:

"Procrastination is like masturbation; it feels good until you realise you just fucked yourself."

I managed 60% of dotpoints for Core 1 for chemistry. I've also read the textbook twice, but that's because I was bored.

As for 3u and 4u maths, I'm just going to bludge along. As long as I maintain first I'll be fine.

For SDD. Heh. I'll read the textbook a few times, maybe, but no study notes. Too lazy.

English I'll have to really work hard on if I am to maintain a good rank. Although even a medium rank won't hurt, as my school is one of the best in the state for English.

Blow it all, though. Do you homework and small amounts of study each night and you'll be fine. The only reason I needed to study these holidays was because I didn't do that for the first term for chem and SDD.

Studying for the sake of studying is stupid.

wrong_turn

the chosen one
HSC
Uni Grad
Slide Rule said:

"Procrastination is like masturbation; it feels good until you realise you just fucked yourself."

I managed 60% of dotpoints for Core 1 for chemistry. I've also read the textbook twice, but that's because I was bored.

As for 3u and 4u maths, I'm just going to bludge along. As long as I maintain first I'll be fine.

For SDD. Heh. I'll read the textbook a few times, maybe, but no study notes. Too lazy.

English I'll have to really work hard on if I am to maintain a good rank. Although even a medium rank won't hurt, as my school is one of the best in the state for English.

Blow it all, though. Do you homework and small amounts of study each night and you'll be fine. The only reason I needed to study these holidays was because I didn't do that for the first term for chem and SDD.

slide rule its my own creation!!

oh and its true, studying has to be study, not for the purpose of labelling it studying.

a good way to find out whether it was real study is see how much you have done during your study time.

if you have got the grasp of stuff that you have studied, then that is study. however if you didn't know what you studied but wrote down summaries, then that is also okay.

what is not study, is talking to your friends, unless it is about the work * when doing biology, talking about physical sex, is not study, same goers for pdhpe.*
if you have done neither of the forementioned paragraph then you have studied as well.

good luck on focusing 05ers. i might not be here after holidays finish.

paper cup

pamplemousse
HSC
Slide Rule said:

wrrooonnggg
it's '...., it feels so good but in the end you're only fucking yourself' :D

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:

Slide, nice, about the same as me, although i did some physics also. But even if your school is the best in the state in english, it wont hurt to keep working :p I said that (for maths) and stopped working and it screwed me over a little lol. You go to St Stanislaus right?

roadcone

HSC
yep im the exact same situation too.. i do all my notes on the computer and just use the revision books that i have and my class notes to make them follow the syllabus exactly.. and its hard to say what to do first because they are all pretty important, but i guess if u are like me and have half yearlies in like the last couple of weeks of term one doing the notes first mite be an idea to stop too much stress

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
wrx said:
Slide, nice, about the same as me, although i did some physics also. But even if your school is the best in the state in english, it wont hurt to keep working :p I said that (for maths) and stopped working and it screwed me over a little lol. You go to St Stanislaus right?
Yep. Stannies. It's not the best in the state, but the teachers are excellent, and my cohort is good at it - so if I do stuff up, I should be pulled up. But yeah I'll be screwed over if I don't work, either way.

Hey, what do you want to do at uni, BTW?

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Hmmm, I did no catch up in the Christmas holidays. Then a few weeks after they finished I discovered BOS...

HSC
i got nothing due "officially"

i was given nuclear chemistry too read over, and i was "asked" too make a creative writing story for english

i really dont feel the need too study, i am confident ill give myself more time before exams, i just can only hope =/

velox

Retired
HSC
N/A
Slide Rule said:
Yep. Stannies. It's not the best in the state, but the teachers are excellent, and my cohort is good at it - so if I do stuff up, I should be pulled up. But yeah I'll be screwed over if I don't work, either way.

Hey, what do you want to do at uni, BTW?
Yeah i remember ur school cos u had one guy in isa combined rugby 1st XV. Not that sure about uni yet......

HSC
How bout you just do it now! Instead of wasting time on here, just go, get your books, paper, pens, whatever, and DO IT.

It took me one year to realise that's all you have to do, and it was the easiest thing ever.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
wrx said:
Yeah i remember ur school cos u had one guy in isa combined rugby 1st XV. Not that sure about uni yet......
Bastards beat us to the ISA premiership last year too:(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)