$15 000 - what car would you buy and what year is it?? (1 Viewer)

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
w1ck3d_c10wn said:
I've NEVER had a problem with any commodore, and none of my friends have either.
vyII 2004 s pack supercharged, driving at 80kmh, brakes fail, yes fail, used hand brake to stop car, abs then failed, car wouldnt start.

vyI 2003 s pack supercharged, airbags fail.

commodores scare me

meanwhile they still go very fast

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
crazybrad said:
vyII 2004 s pack supercharged, driving at 80kmh, brakes fail, yes fail, used hand brake to stop car, abs then failed, car wouldnt start.

vyI 2003 s pack supercharged, airbags fail.

commodores scare me

meanwhile they still go very fast
you see....you keep buying the supercharged V6 :p

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
well other than that they go ok but if brakes failed when i was "testing them out" i would be in deep shit.

w1ck3d_c10wn

HSC
yeah i've heard of a VY SS ute having cruise control problems etc, I wouldn't buy a commodore later than a VS in any case.

SlipStream

HSC
All new models have examples with problems. It is an inevitability that no manufacturer can escape.

When you make a model in tens of thousands, there will be the odd one with problems.

You hear about a problem with this or that on the new Commodore or something at the pub or on the internet or from a mate, and more than likely it is a myth made up by some disgruntled overbiased Ford freak. And if it is true, for every one that has a problem, there would be five thousand that haven't!

crazybrad

Pharmer
HSC
SlipStream said:
All new models have examples with problems. It is an inevitability that no manufacturer can escape.

When you make a model in tens of thousands, there will be the odd one with problems.

You hear about a problem with this or that on the new Commodore or something at the pub or on the internet or from a mate, and more than likely it is a myth made up by some disgruntled overbiased Ford freak. And if it is true, for every one that has a problem, there would be five thousand that haven't!
trust me man this happened and it wasnt fun, the vx we had was awsome though.

SlipStream

HSC
Brad, I fully believe you! I have no reason not to. :)

I was just saying that a lot of problems you hear about cars are false (I recall people saying every then new BA Falcon had ABS problems - I never believed it, and it turns out that it was made up).

BUT problems DO happen, and most of the time it is in a small percentage of the model built - lemons, if you will - and the manufacturer normally silently replaces the faulty part during a service with ALL the models built.

But I do believe you! There are people out there that make shit up, but the detail you gave us rules you out of one of these fibbers.

Emily.

Pro-VSU
HSC
id trade in my current car and put a deposit on either
a) a new VW golf
b) a new Citroen C4

braad

so dead yeah?
HSC
samuelblayden said:
$15 000 is that much you only could get a 2nd hand or a real old car
daddyK is right

*shakes head at samuelblayden*

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)