1st assignment (2 Viewers)

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
no, as in the accused was in prison or something and there was a video link so we could see him and he could see us. sort of

lol...i did mine at blake dawson waldron...u may have heard of them :D:p

RedStz

True Scorpian
Well in your case the accused doesnt really get to see the people in court so it's okay. It really depends, there is this guy who was sentenced at a District Court and all his parents were weeping and friends were all present during the whole process. His friends saw some uni chicks sitting there fully taking notes while the judge was giving the sentence and they got really pissed and teared up their notes and told them to get the fck out. Restrictly speaking people dislike strangers hearing their cases in court.

alman

Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
no, as in the accused was in prison or something and there was a video link so we could see him and he could see us. sort of

lol...i did mine at blake dawson waldron...u may have heard of them :D:p
wasnt bdw involved with the whole HIH scandal (or one of the corporate scandals in our heyday)..

apparently there was corruption..

but anyway, which type of courts seem pretty helpful?
i dont want my notes to ripped, etc.

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
used to work for...bah, it was cool though, they've got the best views from their offices :p

Lazarus

Retired
HSC
I really like BDW, I went to a mooting seminar held by the firm last year. Very fun.

Originally posted by Asquithian
what are u doing before the ADT???
Fighting the BOS over FOI legislation. :D

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
yeah, bdw's cool. but when i mentioned that the firm to an old boy of sbhs and partner at baker's and mckenzie's, he sorta brushed it aside....and offered me his card :D:p

which i gladly took by the way ;)

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Hey asqy, when u say try and be 'invisible', did you sit in the back corner and kept you head low?

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
*;) at judge*
2 secs later....
*tossed out the front entrance of the supreme court by 2 security guards*:(

so asqy... where did u sit?

RedStz

True Scorpian
Originally posted by pigs_can_fly
has anyone actually started this assignment yet?
Well i suppose some will start after the uni starts (incl. me) NO WAY i am going to the court by myself

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
No way I'm going to start b4 uni starts
My justification: Maybe in the first lesson our instructor will give us 'various hints and guidelines' which may make our lives much easier ;)

so redstz... wanna come with me to court? :D

RedStz

True Scorpian
Originally posted by Suvat
No way I'm going to start b4 uni starts
My justification: Maybe in the first lesson our instructor will give us 'various hints and guidelines' which may make our lives much easier ;)

so redstz... wanna come with me to court? :D
Well doesnt your justification further proves my point? :confused: that is WAIT till uni starts WAIT after instructor give us hints and guidelines and hence "make our lives much easier" when visiting courts

Suvat

part timer
HSC
N/A
Eh... yeah...
I'm just using my justification to relieve my guilt of not starting the assignment because of 'other' reasons... *cough* *laziness* *cough*

pigs_can_fly

earth girls aren't easy
HSC
i was gonna start this week, but various other things have taken my attention away, incl. work, getting new comp, speech night, speaking at hsc workshop, playing games on new comp...and yeah, u get the drift

so i reckon i might get a few hours next monday, cos i'll be cutting back on work. otherwise, looks like during o-week, if i find its shit, or once uni starts. and yeah, i think our lecturers or stuff will be holding more detailed discussions on the assignment, so yeah, perhaps its better to ask then.

but fuk, i dun wanna have to stay up till like 4 in the morning of due date, finishing it off, like i did last year :rolleyes:

alman

Originally posted by RedStz
Well doesnt your justification further proves my point? :confused: that is WAIT till uni starts WAIT after instructor give us hints and guidelines and hence "make our lives much easier" when visiting courts
i'll have to agree with that...the courts are some scary and intimidating places...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)