2002 UAI's (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

chait

Re: 'they say public schools cnt (sic) go well'

Originally posted by Isaac Reyes
isn't James Ruse a 'public' albeit selective school? :)

Yes it's public. Virtually all selective schools are govt schools ie. public schools. There are also private schools which are also selective in relation to the admittance of students. eg. Grammar.

kini mini

HSC
Re: Re: 'they say public schools cnt (sic) go well'

Originally posted by chait

Yes it's public. Virtually all selective schools are govt schools ie. public schools. There are also private schools which are also selective in relation to the admittance of students. eg. Grammar.
Grammar is only partially selective - the entrance exam is piss easy to pass as far as I can see, I mean I went there from year 7 to 12 and the people who slipped thru that :rolleyes:. The first 50 ppl or so at Grammar are good, the tail is very average.

They have a selective intake in years 3, 5 and 7. I don't know how hard it is to get into 3 and 5, 7 is fairly difficult. They offer 20 scholarships a year, but at least 4 are reserved for their prep schools and 2 are music. SO there are 12 academic scholarships. Now that they are only worth 25% and the fees are 16K, I think the quality of the imports will diminish.

When I got mine it was 50%.

73 im kinda happy with the mark i thought low 60's was what i would get but ye 73 it doesnt matter though if i got 73 or 37 neither is enough 2 get me in 2 my course
i need at least 78.5 oh well college here i come although ill get into uws at blacktown 1 hr 10 mins from my house 1 way so thats a no

drolle

I got a 96.45, which I'm really happy with, although I think I could have gone a lot better if I had actually done some homework/study in year 12 instead of slacking off the whole time.

LazSeeker predicted 98.25, not too bad since I didn't do the whole percentiles thing.

The funniest part for me though is that I only needed a 70 or so to get into Science at uni of melbourne :D

Leap

free falling
HSC
Hey congrats to you all! You all went so well!
I'm still in Year 11/ Just started year 12 so I've got a year to go :eek:
My older brother got his marks back the other day though, his UAI was 48.45, I think he was a bit shocked at first, but then he saw the funny side of it. :) He spent most of his time at the beach throughout the year anyway.

drolle

someone asked earlier for people who got 90+ UAI to say what subjects they did and if they worked hard, so...

I think the main reason I got a high uai was because of doing 4u maths, which is worth 2 units and suddenly makes 3u maths worth 2 units as well, and both 3u and 4u get scaled up *a lot* in uai calculations.

as for working hard, I definitely worked, but I wouldn't call it hard. My strategy has always been to treat what your learning as if you only get one chance to learn it, and never rely on study as a backup! The result was I payed attention a lot in class, and I didn't have to do bugger all study because I learnt it properly the first time.

Of course in practice it didn't turn out quite that well, because I found our chemistry class really boring and slow and so I drifted off in class and had to cram the textbook before exams, and I thought I didn't like english so I refused to do classwork, eg I didn't read the set texts (although when I was studying for the HSC I realized that it was actually interesting stuff, and I wish I had spent more time on it!)

In case you couldn't be bothered finding my other posts, I did Adv. English (83), 4u maths (89), 3u (92), physics (86), and chem (83), and got a uai of 96.45

utopian731

Eudaimonian
my impression based on my friends' marks/uai (lots of which beloing to the infamous ultra-achieving pymble group :) ) is that 4 unit maths has been scaled less this year and english more

Missngel

i got 78.55, im happy and i would not even think about repeating the hsc even if i knew i would get a better mark i have ad it with school!!!!!!
To all those Yr11 students i feel for u i really do!!!!!:p

Milly

I got 99.90 - I was really stoked as it was much higher than I expected :)

Well done everyone, you all seem to have done great!

um..

hip hop antagoniser
HSC
N/A
i got 94.1
quite happy, although i would like to see how i'd gone if i'd put more work in and not went out so much...

tammer

Remembering P.I.G.
HSC
reckon im the dumbest person so far. 64.6 lol but i got onto merit list for gen maths and did shit all for 2 years so who cares! at least i made it. it hasn't been easy. CONGRATS everyone.

Hindmarsh

I got 98.75, i was suprised, so much higher than I expected!

Anyways good luck to everyone in all your future endeavours

utopian731

Eudaimonian
Originally posted by um..

quite happy, although i would like to see how i'd gone if i'd put more work in and not went out so much...
yeh same, but i wouldnt have changed anything at all, nothing....i wasnt gonna waste a year of my life for the hsc

McLake

The Perfect Nerd
HSC
98.95!!!

Beat BlackJack by .05!!!! Sorry Pokes.

I hope everyone achieved what they wanted, and for those who didn't nothing anyone says is going to make you feel better, so I won't even try.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)