2002 UAI's (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Halba

how i studied 4 business

well basically i did no homework all year. However i studied / crammed heaps before assessments and did my work then and made up for the time i bludged.

Make sure you know your case study real well and check the ASX announcements, and be well versed in business terminology. That might give you an edge over theory, textbook students. Giving it a practical scope enhances your marks and propells you into Band 6. You want to make sure your essay screams Band 6, and put no doubt in the marker's minds.

Sure textbook is important, but grab as many examples as you can from the real world. Any consistency is also important. Every assessment in the school i came always top 3 students. I never dropped for one assessment in Business Studies or Economics.

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by kaseita

I'm in taiwan at the moment though, which is why I replied so late.

I'm happy though :)
Beat me kaseita I was expecting higher but anyway, doesn't look like I'll be doing commerce/law at Usyd or UNSW anymore. :(

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad

I'm in taiwan at the moment though, which is why I replied so late.

I'm happy though :)
Good work kaseita!
Wat u end up getting for economics (HSC Mark?)

Twintip

Originally posted by Dumbarse
my friend got an asterix as his UAI, no number, what does this mean? did he go really good or sumthing?
If this is a serious question, I'm pretty sure it means a UAI of below 30.

kaseita

thanks guys!

sorry ultimate, but you did great! I didn't beat you by much anyway.
I don't think I'll be doing law either - the chance is too slim. But I'll be happy to do comm/sci at unsw, which I'm practically guaranteed to get into!
what was your next preference? I'd still like to see you down here in syd!

hey minai, I got 89 for ecos. argh, just 1 mark off 90!

might as well put down my marks

adv eng - 87
economics - 89
physics - 91
3u maths - 98
4u maths - 95
studies of religion - 46

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
thanks guys!

sorry ultimate, but you did great! I didn't beat you by much anyway.
I don't think I'll be doing law either - the chance is too slim. But I'll be happy to do comm/sci at unsw, which I'm practically guaranteed to get into!
what was your next preference? I'd still like to see you down here in syd!

B]

I've changed my preferences and I'm almost certainly going to do commerce/ advanced science at UNSW, and I should easy get into it cause the UAI required is only 94. something. So I'ld definitely see you down there.

I'm thinking to major in actuarial studies and finance under commerce, and major in mathematics and statistics under science

How did all the other Knox people go?

btw, how's taiwan?

Mambomeg

yay! custom!!!
HSC
I Got 96.95 which I was happy with, but then on Christmas, My Grandma asked me what I got, And I said 97 (As you would, not bothering with the decimal points) and My aunt blurted out "You did not get 97!) making an embarrasment of herself and me, and making me feel really bad. I'm sure she didnt mean it.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
hey minai, I got 89 for ecos. argh, just 1 mark off 90!
Ahh!
I got 91 for eco :p
but yeah I kno how u feel, coz I got 89 for 2U maths and English advanced :chainsaw:

Hopefully see u and Ultimate nxt yr at UNSW commerce

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC
Originally posted by MinAi

Ahh!
I got 91 for eco :p
but yeah I kno how u feel, coz I got 89 for 2U maths and English advanced :chainsaw:

Hopefully see u and Ultimate nxt yr at UNSW commerce
Are u doing a combined commerce degree at UNSW next year Minai? Yeah I'm almost certainly doing Commerce/adv science at UNSW (seems better than sydney, more majors to choose from) and should definitely get in since the cut-off is only 94. something.

The UAI I got is more than enough, now I'm just hoping I can get into one of the kensginton colleges

Last edited:

utopian731

Eudaimonian

Don't get me started on the English syllabus haha! I got 88, mostly i think because our teachers were at a loss as to what htey should be teaching us, this we were told off the record numerous times by our teacher, great base, eh. English and the HSC in general is like picking a number out of a hat and ranking NSW's youth into supposedly who's smarter than who

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Originally posted by Ultimate

Are u doing a combined commerce degree at UNSW next year Minai? Yeah I'm almost certainly doing Commerce/adv science at UNSW (seems better than sydney, more majors to choose from) and should definitely get in since the cut-off is only 94. something.

The UAI I got is more than enough, now I'm just hoping I can get into one of the kensginton colleges
Yeah, if all goes to plan (ie, the cutoff doesnt go above 95.25), I'll b doing Commerce/Arts
And I dun think u have too much to worry bout...I'm the one that has to have a backup, just in case..!
Did u have to pre-apply to get into those colleges?

Originally posted by utopian731
English and the HSC in general is like picking a number out of a hat and ranking NSW's youth into supposedly who's smarter than who
I thought it was more of who can memorise an essay the best :rolleyes:

Ultimate

Unknown
HSC

Yeah, if all goes to plan (ie, the cutoff doesnt go above 95.25), I'll b doing Commerce/Arts
And I dun think u have too much to worry bout...I'm the one that has to have a backup, just in case..!
Did u have to pre-apply to get into those colleges?
Yeah I had to pre-apply to the kensington colleges , and others in sydney (such as wesley and andrews) before I got my results back (about 2 weeks before 19th december).

timace

haaarrr.
HSC
anyone who got above 80 and is complaining: get a life! if you cant get into what you want, do a bloody bridging course and stop whinging. you still outdid >80% of the candidates.

mp3mojo

not complainin...
jus sayin
btw, u guys reckon the uai cut-offs goin 2 rise dramatically from last yr, since most of this yr's candidates seems 2 B gettin higher marks than last yr

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)