2005 History Extension Major Project Topics (1 Viewer)

emo_chick

HSC
boycee said:
heya.. these all sound like really great ideas- i hope u guyz enjoy researching them!

I've chosen to look @ how dan brown's da vinci code has made the world aware again of the historical controversy surrounding the closure of the Canonical Gospels @ the council of nicaea, called by Emperor Constantine.

Hope u guys do really well.

~boycee!~
i was going to do that..the da vinci code..but then it seemed to complicated for my brain! :)

snowblack

bleh
HSC
what do u guys think about "the role that the fall of the bastille had in the french revolution ?

mezhscthing

My question is "Critically assess theconstruction of William of Orange as a Protestat Folk hero" I've done some of my research, but I've still got about 3 weeks to do it in
A girl in my class was doing the Da Vinci Codes, but then she dropped it.

HayleeKate

HSC
I've changed my topic this week, originally I was doing:
"Conquest of Mexico: failure of Montezuma, or success of Cortes?"
BUT, NOW, I'm doing:
"Assess the role of religion, both Aztec mythology and Catholicism, in the Conquest of Mexico."
My first question was just too big for the word limit, I couldnt do it justice, but the new question cuts it down to the same things, but only the half of the arguements related to religion, so I can do them more thoroughly.

scarybunny

Rocket Queen
HSC
i know it's a bit off topic but how do you write an email to a historian?
do you give info about exactly what you're doing, why you want their opinion, what their answer will be used for etc. basically tell them your life story...
or do you just ask them a question and hope for the best?

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
Some of the hist in Aust reply, however the last one i emailed at Berkely, hasn't - and i dont think he will. Bastard

hottie_mira

ok major history project. ive got either 'what impact the german nazi army has on society today' or 'how the media has portrayed history to society through the ages' 2 very different ideas..i know..im random.... im so lost at the moment :( also being pushed by my teacher to hurry up and decide..
oh and historians- yer the aust ones are great..but the rest are hopeless.. i talked to prof Kanawati frm macquarie uni for my hist ext case study (ancient egypt and the life of teti) and he was excellent resource and a really interesting guy.. dont give up on them historians!! lol

Abbeygale

HSC
mira2005 said:
ok major history project. ive got either 'what impact the german nazi army has on society today' or 'how the media has portrayed history to society through the ages' 2 very different ideas..i know..im random.... im so lost at the moment :( also being pushed by my teacher to hurry up and decide..
oh and historians- yer the aust ones are great..but the rest are hopeless.. i talked to prof Kanawati frm macquarie uni for my hist ext case study (ancient egypt and the life of teti) and he was excellent resource and a really interesting guy.. dont give up on them historians!! lol
Aren't those a little broad?

hottie_mira

Abbeygale said:
Aren't those a little broad?
hey yer thats wat my teacher said but i jst dont want to narrow it down to a point where im stuck for info.. ive decided on holocaust denial so im lookin into it at the moment.. if anyone has any good sites or books??? :)

emo_chick

HSC
mira2005 said:
hey yer thats wat my teacher said but i jst dont want to narrow it down to a point where im stuck for info.. ive decided on holocaust denial so im lookin into it at the moment.. if anyone has any good sites or books??? :)
this guy in my class is doing that too.
try going to fisher library in sydney uni. go on their website first (libraries) to search for some books to save yourself some time.

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
last year i did this topic

the hyksos invaders of ancient egypt
my title was based on this awesome quote

"parting the mist on the hyksos"

were it not for Manetho and Aegyptica i would not have passed

Abbeygale

HSC
You know, this is probably more a topic for a separate thread, but reading through the subjects people have chosen, I'm curious to know what made people pick them. A lot of these I would never think of (some I've never heard of). Even mine, when I tell people, they say 'Catherine de Medici huh? Thats interesting. Who's she again?'

veridis

droog
HSC
age of empires. my longbowmen could always take down anything that came up against em so i was curious as to where such a killer unit came from. led to me getting interested in agincourt and the longbow myth. also means i can ligitimately play AOE as schoolwork now =)

so what about yours, where it from?

X

xeuyrawp

gordo said:
pay me 99 and i'll give u mine that scored 25 :p
Ditto, but I'll go for 98$ so I'm more competitive :p

Mine was on responses to Jan Assman's theories of Egyptian theology as portrayed through art and architecture.

From my observations, anything mainstream doesn't go so well- ie "Holocaust Denials", "Christ's life" etc. I saw a very capable person get a really bad feedback on her idea of holocaust denials, so she changed her subject (pretty late, too) to Warhol's historical impact, and got 24.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)