2005 (1 Viewer)

Karlz04

HSC
I did Ext 2 this year and honestly I didnt have a solid idea until about Easter. I was pretty worried and scared the hell out of my teacher.

HSC
N/A
Karlz04 said:
I did Ext 2 this year and honestly I didnt have a solid idea until about Easter. I was pretty worried and scared the hell out of my teacher.
One of the girls in my class had a pretty similar situation - I think she just ended up working overtime in the weeks leading up to handing it in :S

There is an old adage about writing x amount of pages a day. For all you stressed-out '05 students, just write - even if it's just a page. Come back to it the next day, and rework it, or continue it - at least you've got something, and initially, it's easier to edit than it is to write when you don't really want to. :) Plus, re-working it can sometimes give you a greater idea of where to take the story further --> writing even more!

So in a nutshell = Just write, dammit! lol.

seeka_train

HSC
What have people done so far? just research or have people started writing?! :eek:
How much should we do in the holidays? just the proposal (we haven't handed it in yet). :confused:

HSC
N/A
Well let's see...

I only really got "my idea" in about Febuary, and had my first full draft done by the second week of the Summer/Autumn holidays.

How's that? :p

Most of my friends followed the same timeframe... :D

Karlz04

HSC
glitterfairy said:
One of the girls in my class had a pretty similar situation - I think she just ended up working overtime in the weeks leading up to handing it in :S

There is an old adage about writing x amount of pages a day. For all you stressed-out '05 students, just write - even if it's just a page. Come back to it the next day, and rework it, or continue it - at least you've got something, and initially, it's easier to edit than it is to write when you don't really want to. :) Plus, re-working it can sometimes give you a greater idea of where to take the story further --> writing even more!

So in a nutshell = Just write, dammit! lol.
Exactly. Not to mention how hard it is to do the assessments when you dont have a story to talk about, lol.

snickerdoodle

year of the dog
HSC
We've already done our proposals (I got my mark back today...not very happy with it but at least it's a solid B) and our teacher advised us to have a draft of our story (or whatever) done by the end of the holidays. I've been working on it, and I've written about 1/4 of it. I just get motivated at the weirdest times. A few nights ago I woke up at 3am and wrote like, 4 pages. I have three other assesments that need to be started right NOW so I'm not stressing much yet. I know that if I finish it now and I read it over again in April I'll probably end up hating it and wanting a rewrite!

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
i need to snap out of holiday mode and get some serious writing done :)... and about getting ideas at the weirdest times? im the same! i was actually swimming when i got my idea... it was so weird... i dont think ive ever dried myself so fast just to write down an idea and rapidly add to it as crazy ideas came into my head...

Karlz04

HSC
Yeah. I found my iseas usually came in the middle of the night, or when I wasnt home, or when I was having a shower...all the times when its not so eas to write it down quickly...

HSC
Most of my ideas come at home, with my journal not 10 feet away from me. This tends to give me a false sense of security and end up putting off writing down what I think is a fairly average idea which, once forgotten, seems so much better.

seeka_train

HSC
Yeah i seem to get all my ideas in the shower, then once i get out.. everything just disappears and i sit around for ages after trying to remember why i jumped outta the shower.

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
my good ideas come to me 1 minute before I go to sleep which sucks because it's usually at 1 or 2 in the morning and I have work the next day so those ideas don't materialise....havent even started writing! i should hand in my journal as my major work, its full of whine, bitch, complain and there's more crap in there too

_muse_

Come on join the joyride
HSC
haha i had another idea when i was in the middle of dinner with my family and my uncle and aunty.. i nearly dropped my plate full of food wen i went rummaging for a notepad and a pen :) haha its so crazy

moffat

Yeah. Think about it.
HSC
does anyone else feel like they've left this subject to the last minute...coz from the amount of work other ppl have done...ppl have finished their stories....i feel like this subject is going to be very stressful. proposal's not due to next term..which is like 3 weeks away? i don't have a plot or anything so i'm kinda freaking out..and yet not so much as to actually work more on my story

veridis

droog
HSC
its proposal, you dont need a plot yet. just claim you're investigating a theme or issue and bs on about how you want to portray this and what you want the responder to gain from viewing your text. also write about how the experience will help you grow and find out more about yourself and bs like that

as for ideas i get like all mine in the shower or when running. only ever write a few lines about em cause they're ideas for shots in my film so stick in my head anyway

ameh

dirty trick
HSC
N/A
i get some elements of my plot in the shower, anything watery the ideas just flow esp when washing dishes...just starting the damned thing is hard because most of the sentences sound pathetic!

tRiXsTa

HSC
lol at least all u guys are GETTING ideas....i'm still waiting for mine to hit......reckon i should spend more time swimming and in the shower?

Karlz04

HSC
illodous said:
No, that would just worsen the drought.. stick your head in a bowl of water and watch the ideas swim around :D
LMAO. See, there is some creative imput :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)