2006 critical responders! (1 Viewer)

ScottyG

Victory is mine.
HSC
rahrah said:
you called for me? =p

im kind of deciding between critical and short story.. and at the moment, im leaning towards the critique.
No rahrah, come away from the darkside, the short story forum is only two clicks away - we'll take you in, we have candy, lots of candy, and puppies - everyone likes puppies.

Trinket

HSC
I'm the only one in my class doing a critical analysis! :) I think I'm looking at the changing characteristics of female protagonists through the ages - haven't decided on the time frame or the genre of fiction, but that's the bare bones of it at the moment anyway.

Vodoo Child

HSC
Trinket said:
I'm the only one in my class doing a critical analysis! :) I think I'm looking at the changing characteristics of female protagonists through the ages - haven't decided on the time frame or the genre of fiction, but that's the bare bones of it at the moment anyway.

hey that is pretty similar to what i am doing..and i am the only one doing crit analysis as well..but then again we only have 3 people in our class

frenchic

HSC
N/A
Vodoo Child said:
Hey everyone!

I am thinking of looking at the portrayal of female characters in literature in a certain period of time..not sure what period yet...any feedback
i decided to do ext 2 english, not sure what i am getting myself into, but cant wait to start lol! i have decided to do a critical analysis in a similar area as Vodoo Child, I am goign to be analysing Anna Karenina as one of my texts and I will be concentrating on great russian writers in 19th century, but I havent formed an exact question or idea of what I am doing yet....oh and can you believe it, we havent had a class yet, hopefully we will start this week

Vodoo Child

HSC
yulz555 said:
i decided to do ext 2 english, not sure what i am getting myself into, but cant wait to start lol! i have decided to do a critical analysis in a similar area as Vodoo Child, I am goign to be analysing Anna Karenina as one of my texts and I will be concentrating on great russian writers in 19th century, but I havent formed an exact question or idea of what I am doing yet....oh and can you believe it, we havent had a class yet, hopefully we will start this week
That sounds really interesting...i haven't formed a question yet either..i have sort of started to look for imformation to try and decide what period i would like to do..so i am reading pride and prejudice at the moment to try and form ideas. We have had several classes so far and it is really great having people to discuss ur topic with. How do u actually form a question?

unco_goatness

HSC
Hey everyone! I'm doing a critical response as well. Of the five people at my school doing Extension Two English, I'm the only one doing the critique (and only the second in my school's history). We don't have any classes together. Instead I meet with my English teacher a compulsory two periods a week, in addition to my multiple visits to the staffroom during free periods. Is anyone else in this situation? I personally like it. I get a lot of research done.

I don't have an idea yet, nor really any idea of where I'm headed. I'm just researching and researching! I find that as I become more knowledgable in one area of literacy, other avenues for knowledge open up...so it never really stops. I want to know as much as possible before i start narrowing things down - that way I don't exclude any potentially important information from my research. I'm so surprised that all of you have even vague ideas so quickly! Is that a good thing? Sure, why not! But I don't think it's necessarily a bad thing to not yet have an idea.

Anyway, looking forward to a *great* year (right...)!

nathan851

HSC
Aspect of Language?

Yeah, I am rally looking forward to doing my critical response. From the outset it wasnt really clear to me what I would do, but the 'aspect of language' sounds fun- I woud like to do something on my favourite thing in the world: grammar (don't laugh), it just seems to broad.
I was also thinking of perhaps investigation a period of literature, namely the Golden Age of Icelandic Literature. I am going to have to ask my teacher for some direction...

Anyway, good luck to everyone!

smoke_o_clock

HSC
wow looks like lots of girls are heading in the same direction as me...go the feminists!...hehe i thought i was being all original and stuff...seems not.
my class is big..like 22 students...and there are about 5 doing crit including me. ive done alot of research and im starting to head towards making my question up..we have our proposal due in 2 weeks!

frenchic

HSC
N/A
nathan851 said:
I was also thinking of perhaps investigation a period of literature, namely the Golden Age of Icelandic Literature. I am going to have to ask my teacher for some direction...

That is so original!!! How did you even think of that lol...icelandic? I would love to read the final piece....i dont know much about the country it self, alone about its literature

darcho

HSC
N/A
i am doing a critical response on whether clark kent is really supermans alter ego and not the other way around

tiramisu25489

HSC
darcho said:
i am doing a critical response on whether clark kent is really supermans alter ego and not the other way around
Serious?! that sounds so fun! haha. I'd love to do something like that, except I'm not. I'm not being sarcastic by the way.

I just recently changed from a short story to a critical response after attending the SWS Eng Ext 2 Workshop. Actually, I had the impulse to change it about 6 hours ago. Now I'm scared because my proposal is due next Friday.
I am doing it on Urban Legends/Myths, I'm going to have to be able to tell the difference sooner or later or I am so dead. I haven't even got a solid question or title or anything I am suppose to answer to, I just know I want to do it on Urban Legends. And so not original, but whatever, I like it, thats sort of mostly what matters right? haha. Kind of bad huh? Any help? :)

Porcia

HSC
dude... you need a crystalized direction; you cant go, 'oh i want to do it something on urban legends'... i was like that; and it evolved into this madass idea i have now

frenchic

HSC
N/A
tiramisu25489 said:
I haven't even got a solid question or title or anything I am suppose to answer to, I just know I want to do it on Urban Legends. And so not original, but whatever, I like it, thats sort of mostly what matters right? haha. Kind of bad huh? Any help? :)
I think you should research into it, maybe read a few myths/legends to get some ideas, read analytical/critical stuff on the topic, figure out your main legends/myths that you going to use. I dont have a totally definite question/topic yet, but my proposal isnt due till next year lol, so i am not too worried. But, i know my texts now and some of the points that I will write about, but i just think you should research a bit

tiramisu25489

HSC
yulz555 said:
I think you should research into it, maybe read a few myths/legends to get some ideas, read analytical/critical stuff on the topic, figure out your main legends/myths that you going to use. I dont have a totally definite question/topic yet, but my proposal isnt due till next year lol, so i am not too worried. But, i know my texts now and some of the points that I will write about, but i just think you should research a bit
Yep, I researched a bit the moment I got home, I was planning to focus more on the classical ones which everyone would usually know about - "The Hookman", "Bloody Mary", "The Vanishing Hitchhiker"... and a few more... thanks though =) I DO need to read some critical stuff on it, I found tidbits... 6 more days till the proposal is due.

toxic_chic

HSC
critical response 2006

yep im planing on doing a critical...i just went to the study day for ext2 students which kinda gave me a bit of a fryt but i think ill cope!

tasco

i was there.....good stuff nick.....u were the most helpful

ps we had lunch afterwards

tiramisu25489

HSC
nick1048 said:
rofl u were at the study day... Greetings, I'm Nick i.e. one of the presenters... do u remember me?
hee, even if the question wasn't directed at me, I remember you! lol. I went with my friend to ask you something about your critical response, you went on to tell us how some of your friends did not understand it at all. I read the beginning, and it sounds great =)
Your advice was very useful too, so I switched to do a critical response rather than a short story. Now I'm just worried after reading yours, it will not be anywhere near that standard.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)