2006 critical responders! (1 Viewer)

boheme789

HSC
darcho said:
i am doing a critical response on whether clark kent is really supermans alter ego and not the other way around

wow... talk about originality! that's really awesome.

rahrah

¬_¬
HSC
critical.. using psychoanalytical theory to deconstruct surrealist stuff and see if it reflects taboo subjects of it's context.

rahrah

¬_¬
HSC
Our teacher told us that the Major Work should be our "summer love affair" and that we`re not allowed to have any other ones.

Nicci_15

HSC
Uni Grad
Ok. I'm doing a critique and I have chosen my topic. I have done heaps of reseach, but I'm not quite sure how to get my own spin on it. Does anyone have any ideas as to how to go about it?

Mel_b

HSC
Hey everyone. I think I'm joining in a little late.

I'm doing another sort of feminist leaning critical response - the portrayal of gender in various cultural adaptations of 'Cinderella'.

Nicci_15

HSC
Uni Grad
Mel_b said:
Hey everyone. I think I'm joining in a little late.

I'm doing another sort of feminist leaning critical response - the portrayal of gender in various cultural adaptations of 'Cinderella'.
Wow I'm doing a feminist critque too. Wat skool do u go 2?

HSC
N/A
rahrah said:
Our teacher told us that the Major Work should be our "summer love affair" and that we`re not allowed to have any other ones.
ROFL!!!

I swear, that's one of the funniest things I've ever heard... I might even sig it! :D

At this point in time I would encourage all of you to write at least a little every day. So long as it's on your mind, you can process and twist as the days go by (very useful for anyone who is thinking "damn I have an essentially good idea, but it needs to be twisted a bit more") and WRITE DOWN what you think about/play around with in your head.

It's always so much easier to twist and edit when things are in a tangible form. So get writing, and good luck!

JSGarnes

HSC
glitterfairy said:
ROFL!!!

I swear, that's one of the funniest things I've ever heard... I might even sig it! :D
That's not funny at all.

darcho

HSC
N/A
i am doing a critical response on whether clark kent is really supermans alter ego and not the other way around

j-mo

HSC
Questions:

1. What school do you go to?
2. When was/is your proposal due?
3. What was your word limit?

For me, I go to Sydney Girls, my proposal is due 24/2/2006, and the limit is 1500 words.

jessicaw

HSC
Porcia said:
well now that we're doing it now and yeah, so who plans to do a critical response for this upcoming HSC! I am and i'm quite looking forward to it, and yeah! so anyone else out there?
hey! im doin a critical response to..its on linguistic determinism with relation to the sapir/whorf hypothesis and 1984...so yeh. iv done lots of research but still nowhere near enough! n i havnt started yet....i really should. so what is urs on??

Clarebare

HSC
jessicaw said:
hey! im doin a critical response to..its on linguistic determinism with relation to the sapir/whorf hypothesis and 1984quote]

People in our class got warned away from using texts that were in the HSC booklist...

Any thoughts?

j-mo

HSC
Aren't you explicitly *not allowed* to use things which are on the booklist? That's the impression I always got, in any case...

Clarebare

HSC
j-mo said:
Aren't you explicitly *not allowed* to use things which are on the booklist? That's the impression I always got, in any case...
*shrugs* That's what I thought. Could be wrong though. It would seem a little silly if you were allowed to use a text that was one the booklist, cause there's no easy way of making sure you haven't done the text in class, and if you have it gives you a pretty clear advantage over those people who've had to study their book from scratch, without the help of HSC resources.

Having said that, I've read a MW critical on BNW and 1984, so maybe it's not forbidden, just not recommended?

samantha_s

HSC
One of the texts I'm using is Jane Eyre; has that been removed from the HSC Booklist?

catherine06

HSC
You are allowed to use texts from the HSC list. I'm not at the moment but I am tossing it up with my teacher, because apparently the markers like to see a link to the advanced and extension one courses. Perhaps it wouldn't be such a good idea to have it as a central text, but I don't think there is a rule against it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)