2007 co-op (1 Viewer)

JustWin

HSC
whos applying? and for wat?
wat do u think are ur chances of making an interview?

milton

HSC
i'm applying for actuarial studies and computer science
i dont have any impressive extracurricular activiteis to boast about, so i'm not expecting to get in

JustWin

HSC
but damn...ur academic achievements...
im so jealous

schnookims

*Premium Princess Member*
HSC
hey i was wondering i know that the recommended knowledge is Maths ext 2 for actuarial but do you think there's still a chance if you only do maths ext 1 but are coming first even beating all the 4 unit students??

its cause i dropped 4 unit but i could do it but i had too many units and no time and im coming top 2 in all my subjects so i didnt think i needed 4 unit...do u think there's still a chance?

JustWin

HSC
i think u still can
omg im jealous everyones so smart
my chances of getting in are small compared to both of u :(

schnookims

*Premium Princess Member*
HSC
yeah but they dont just look at academic profile that's only like one aspect out of 5 or something...so if you hav good leadership qualitites and a passion etc.. than you have a great shot at it =)

JustWin

HSC
do u know wat other qualities they look for? besides academics/leadership/passion

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
JustWin said:
do u know wat other qualities they look for? besides academics/leadership/passion
People who can type properly and be able to use capital letters.

JustWin

HSC
u guys are hillarious but....
i need people who can give me insight

Sharpshooter

Random Hobo
HSC
schnookims said:
hey i was wondering i know that the recommended knowledge is Maths ext 2 for actuarial but do you think there's still a chance if you only do maths ext 1 but are coming first even beating all the 4 unit students??

its cause i dropped 4 unit but i could do it but i had too many units and no time and im coming top 2 in all my subjects so i didnt think i needed 4 unit...do u think there's still a chance?
actuarial co-op will need 4unit. u can still do actuarial normally but i dont think theyd give you co-op for it, though if you really have your heart set on it, give a ring to the school of actuarial studies and ask them.. or whoever their co-op coordinator is

oh and anyone looking to pick on typos la-de-da, bugger off! :p

JustWin

HSC
i want to get into actuarial co-op, any advice?
expecting uai of 95-98...is that enuf?
and yea i do 4u maths

phrred

HSC
95 is pushin it. you wouldnt have made it into BCommerce about 3 yrs ago with 95 let alone a co-op but 98 ud prob have a chance

JustWin

HSC
bummer i shouldve studied for trials...
wat can i do now to make ammends?
and since we hand in application form b4 HSC, do they just look at estimated mark?

lanyon

HSC
Yeh i was thinkin about applying for actuarial studies too. I emailed Bindya, apparently the average is usually 98.5+. Ill probably get around that but my english marks are gonna let me down.

It seems like u know alot about it Seraphim, is the course as good as its made out to be?

§eraphim

Strategist
HSC
N/A
lanyon said:
Yeh i was thinkin about applying for actuarial studies too. I emailed Bindya, apparently the average is usually 98.5+. Ill probably get around that but my english marks are gonna let me down.

It seems like u know alot about it Seraphim, is the course as good as its made out to be?
Yeah, I suppose so if you make get co-op as you will definitely get an actuarial job. Otherwise, you should consider that atm there is an oversupply of actuarial grads.

JustWin

HSC
but would they only look at trial marks?
cus isnt the application before the external exam?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)