2007 co-op (1 Viewer)

haque

HSC
sunny said:
I got offered computer science and I took it, otherwise I would've graduated already :p I went to Sydney Tech, graduated 2002.
HAHA another techie-didn't andris gauja or someone topped tech that year:) and do u remember mr diaz? he retired last year-lol he was funny

Last edited:

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
i got shortlisted for ISM

malcolm chaikin interviews already happened, i was there. man the competition is fucking stiff. 8 out of 15 hav predicted uai of 100 (i'm not one of them)

and to michael zhou (cruzer), nice to see u fraternising with decent co-op applicants at last, unlike doi and robin.

haque

HSC
Are you serious? Oh damn, school gave me a predicted uai of 100-i guess my application with the extra stuff wasn't enough compared to the other applicants-lol even if i did get an interview i wouldn't have made it i stufed my hsc
BTW Virtual, what were ur ranks and predicted uai(i'm asking cos at tech the predictions might be inaccurate and it'd help me see where i went wrong or where tech went wrong for uai predictions).

Last edited:

cruzer

HSC
ViRtUaL said:
i got shortlisted for ISM

malcolm chaikin interviews already happened, i was there. man the competition is fucking stiff. 8 out of 15 hav predicted uai of 100 (i'm not one of them)

and to michael zhou (cruzer), nice to see u fraternising with decent co-op applicants at last, unlike doi and robin.
Right, thanks Kaivan. Was that meant to pay me out instead of Doi and Robin.

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
ViRtUaL said:
How do you know that? I didn't see anyone else at my interview and I was there waiting a fair bit before. I didn't get to see what my school predicted for my UAI but I'm sure it wouldn't have been near 100.

I have a feeling they won't be too concerned about ultra-uber UAIs though, since they said there were no academic requirements for keeping the scholarship other than passing all your subjects. Mostly now it'll probably go on personality, other traits, because uber marks aren't really a great asset to the uni. That seemed to be the main focus of the interview.

Last edited:

haque

HSC
how did ya go lilster and how did they notify you about it(like mail, email etc). Good luck

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
well there was an evening function after our interviews where they gave certificates for just making the interview stage, and where we got to meet all the other applicants and professor chaikin, the vice chancellor and other academics at the uni. so i'm pretty sure the interviews are over.

and my predicted uai would have been around 100, but i'm not gonna get that. my ranks and sydney boys high were 2nd in 4u maths, 3rd in 3u maths, 5th in physics, 1st in german, 11th in english advanced and 10th in english extension. and i did geography last year and got 96.

ViRtUaL

1/cosC GSXR1000
HSC
cruzer said:
Right, thanks Kaivan. Was that meant to pay me out instead of Doi and Robin.
na it wasnt a pay out. why are u so paranoid anyway.

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
velox said:
You need 100 for MC.
Do you have anything to back that up with or not really? I just have doubts because I wouldn't have received an interview in that case.

ViRtUaL said:
well there was an evening function after our interviews where they gave certificates for just making the interview stage, and where we got to meet all the other applicants and professor chaikin, the vice chancellor and other academics at the uni. so i'm pretty sure the interviews are over.

and my predicted uai would have been around 100, but i'm not gonna get that. my ranks and sydney boys high were 2nd in 4u maths, 3rd in 3u maths, 5th in physics, 1st in german, 11th in english advanced and 10th in english extension. and i did geography last year and got 96.
Ah yeah I forgot about that evening. I didn't attend because my interview was at 2, so I didn't want to wait 4 hours.

haque said:
how did ya go lilster and how did they notify you about it(like mail, email etc). Good luck
Interview went well but since reading this thread I've discounted my hopes - UAI won't be a high 99 let alone 100. They called my parents while I was on schoolies, I found out when I got back. Then they emailed us (without using BCC, so we had the names and emails of all the other interviewees...invasion of privacy much?).

haque

HSC
ViRtUaL said:

Great ranks man. I'm just a bit disappointed cosd at the time of application i was 1 for extension2 maths, 1 for extension 1 maths, 2 for english advanced, 2 for chemistry, 1 for modern history, 3 for physics(our grade apparently the best tech has seen so far based on other performances) so i guess the prediciton wouldn't have been too inacccurate, it would have been around 100(but my ranks now are worse than before cos at the time of application some of our trials hadn't been marked yet). Well COngratulatyions man and best of luck-i'm beginning to feel pretty depressed about not even given the chance of an interview.

Last edited:

drewgcn

postpantsism
HSC
velox said:
Look at past scholars UAIs. Getting an interview doesn't mean you'll get the scholarship.
How did you find past UAIs?

[Edit: These are the only ones I found...
The Chaikin Scholarships, which are worth $15,000 per year for up to 4 years, are among the most generous undergraduate scholarships in Australia.

Wang, who scored a UAI of 99.45, said she was surprised when she won the scholarship "because ....".

Derek....to score a UAI of 99.5 and win the $15,000 Malcolm Chaikin Scholarship in Chemical Engineering at UNSW.]

Obviously, but getting 100 also doesn't mean you'll get the scholarship.

Selection is based on academic merit, interview performance, the reasons for undertaking the course, demonstrated ability and personal qualities including the potential to contribute to the wider life of the university.

Last edited:

adgala

HSC
does anybody know of the date where offers are no longer given to those on the shortlist?

misdreavous

Counterbalance
HSC
adgala said:
does anybody know of the date where offers are no longer given to those on the shortlist?
well...
I am overseas currently so they couldn't contact me about the co-op offers (shortlist for BIT). They were suppose to contact a friend whom I left details for them, but apparently they didn't. Instead they sent me an email telling me to call them urgently on the 22nd, being overseas and without constant net access, I didn't read the email until that night Aus time. And the co-op office was closed from 22nd Dec - 2 Jan. I called them on the 2nd and they told me I got an offer for BIT.
So the moral of the long story?...I think you still can probably get a call from them even after 22nd of Dec (when everything was meant to be organised).

haque

HSC
misdreavous said:
well...
I am overseas currently so they couldn't contact me about the co-op offers (shortlist for BIT). They were suppose to contact a friend whom I left details for them, but apparently they didn't. Instead they sent me an email telling me to call them urgently on the 22nd, being overseas and without constant net access, I didn't read the email until that night Aus time. And the co-op office was closed from 22nd Dec - 2 Jan. I called them on the 2nd and they told me I got an offer for BIT.
So the moral of the long story?...I think you still can probably get a call from them even after 22nd of Dec (when everything was meant to be organised).
congrats

broady

w3rd
HSC
just got the call today. i got BIT. apparently they had one lying around that they forgot about ...

sladehk

le random
HSC
broady said:
just got the call today. i got BIT. apparently they had one lying around that they forgot about ...
same here.. ppl just have rejected it...
but..the cutoff for IS is like 85.. and BIT = u+c so prolly... 90ish??

hmmm..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)