2007 co-op (1 Viewer)

Raginsheep

HSC
You can do double majors in every (commerce?) coop besides Finance as far as I know.

milton

HSC
does anyone remember from the open day when they said they'd give out conditional offers? i think sometime before hsc and uai results come out
and which day for shortlisted ppl?
i think i remember something about needing BCom as first UAC preference. but if i dont get offered a coop scholarship i wanna go to macq for actuarial, and they will consider you for a $4k scholarship only if you have 99.5+ UAI and put macq as first preference.
so i'm in a bit of a predicament... which uni for first preferenec?

misdreavous

Counterbalance
HSC
11th of November i believe
so you'd get plenty of time to switch preferences since main round offers is sometime in January

haque

HSC
I got my result today-got an offer to become an actuarial scholar however it is on the condition i get the required uai

haque

HSC
Thanks Adgala-best of luck to u as well. yea a lot of people are logged on atm-i had trouble getting in as well.

schnookims

*Premium Princess Member*
HSC
congrats haque! but i thought we werent getting noticed till the 11th??

haque

HSC
That's when the final offers are made i think cos i was just checking yesterday and the offer was there-some of my friends got notification yesterday as well-i was surprised actually(read it about 10 times till it sank in).

milton

HSC
results were out about 10minutes ago

"Dear Milton,

Thank you for attending the recent interviews for the UNSW Co-op Program.

You will be pleased to know that you are being offered a UNSW Co-op Program Scholarship in Actuarial Studies. This offer is made conditional on you being admitted to the Bachelor of Commerce degree. As a guide, in 2006 the cut-off mark for entry to this program for UNSW was a UAI of 95.7.

This is a notification of Conditional Offer or Shortlist only. After reading the information below, please read the Instructions (to understand how to proceed once you receive your UAI)."

is it me reading it wrong or did i really get a conditional offer?

haque

HSC
Milton who else from ruse got co-op for actuarial?(from tech only me but another guy got shortlisted)

Last edited:

haque

HSC
By shortlisted it means if one of the scholar guys stuffs up his/her hsc and that person is first on the shortlist, he/she will take their place

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
I got shortlisted for accounting. I reckon shortlist is bascally everyone who made the interview that didn't get a conditional offer. I don't know anyone who was unsuccessful. They're just revealing a light for a distant hope only to shut the door in your face.

sunny

meh.
HSC
haque said:
By shortlisted it means if one of the scholar guys stuffs up his/her hsc and that person is first on the shortlist, he/she will take their place
Or they do not accept the coop offer, then they go down the shortlist.

2sense said:
I reckon shortlist is bascally everyone who made the interview that didn't get a conditional offer
I doubt it...if someone turns out to be a real jerk in person they would not want them on the shortlist, and it would be a lot of people to shortlist (which has to be ordered)

milton

HSC
haque said:
Milton who else from ruse got co-op for actuarial?(from tech only me but another guy got shortlisted)
2 (including me) got offers, 2 shortlisted... haven't heard from the other 4 yet who were also interviewd)
last yr ruse got 4 actuarial offers... maybe we can break that record

2sense said:
I got shortlisted for accounting. I reckon shortlist is bascally everyone who made the interview that didn't get a conditional offer. I don't know anyone who was unsuccessful. They're just revealing a light for a distant hope only to shut the door in your face.
do the maths... (for actuarial) 61 were interviewed... 16 places... the shortlist will also be around 16... so about half would be unsuccessful

2sense

The disorderly drunk
HSC
sunny said:
Or they do not accept the coop offer, then they go down the shortlist.

I doubt it...if someone turns out to be a real jerk in person they would not want them on the shortlist, and it would be a lot of people to shortlist (which has to be ordered)
Then how many you reckon will make the shortlist. For accounting , there are 40 interviewees and 11 spots so according to that , how many do you think would make a shortlist?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)