2007 co-op (1 Viewer)

Sharpshooter

Random Hobo
HSC
commerce in general is good if you want to goto asia

also re: all the posts abt uai. they estimate how your uai is going to turn out and whether youll make the cut, yes you do need good marks, but all the same despite what uai your most likely heading towards, 50% of your mark isn't decided yet, apply, what've you got to lose. on the flip side theres a helluva lot to gain.

that said, apply
a) iff you would enjoy studying the course
b) if you think you would want to work in the industry
c) well, if you do have a shot at making commerce itself, all offers are conditional dependent on your final uai.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
lanyon said:
Yeh i was thinkin about applying for actuarial studies too. I emailed Bindya, apparently the average is usually 98.5+. Ill probably get around that but my english marks are gonna let me down.

It seems like u know alot about it Seraphim, is the course as good as its made out to be?
Let me ask you why you want to do actuarial studies and then we can tell you whether you are suited to do it....

Last edited:

lanyon

HSC
redslert said:
Let me ask you why you want to do actuarial studies and then we can tell you whether you are suited to do it....
I love maths, and i like money... not necessarily making it, but actually understanding how it works properly. I also toped my school in the probability/statistics unit:)
But yeh english was never going to count towards my UAI so i never tried in it. Oh well

rand0m3r

HSC
hey justwin what school did you go to? you did SDD as a yr 10 student? how mad is that.

there are a few ppl on this forum (even in this thread) including myself that have dabbled their feet in actuarial studies. i went into it prolly with the same mindset as you, enjoy maths, money... yeah, business... interesting. but i think to do actuarial (or any other degree for that matter) u gotta be passionate about it, otherwise it'll just be hard & boring and you'll drop out.

however, i can tell u the comp courses at uni are cool. you will probably enjoy comp sci, and if u're keen enough, perhaps krank it up to a professionally recognised software engineering degree.

PM me if u want to know anything else.

redslert

yes, my actual brain
HSC
rand0m3r said:
hey justwin what school did you go to? you did SDD as a yr 10 student? how mad is that.

there are a few ppl on this forum (even in this thread) including myself that have dabbled their feet in actuarial studies. i went into it prolly with the same mindset as you, enjoy maths, money... yeah, business... interesting. but i think to do actuarial (or any other degree for that matter) u gotta be passionate about it, otherwise it'll just be hard & boring and you'll drop out.

however, i can tell u the comp courses at uni are cool. you will probably enjoy comp sci, and if u're keen enough, perhaps krank it up to a professionally recognised software engineering degree.

PM me if u want to know anything else.
Hmm who are you?
Do I know you??
Are you doing compsci?

lanyon

HSC
im studying in canberra, only my best 4 subjects count towards my uai

P

pLuvia

I didn't want to make a new thread on the Co-op scholarship. But I have a question:
What kind of questions would they ask you in an interview if you apply for an actuarial studies scholarship (or any in general)? I know there is not set questions, but what is the gist of it? Thanks

Roobs

HSC
Hmmm..has anyone else noticed the irritating shitness of the "my application on line" site-- like how any parenthesis you type in the forms dont get saved, the way you cant enter anything in the "suburb" section of the rural section, or weather you are a "day pupil or boarder" without getting an error page?

i emailed the Co-op thech person but they dont feel the need to reply :-(

Riviet

HSC
N/A
Roobs said:
How long has it been since you sent the e-mail? I'm sure they're very busy answering many requests/questions so I guess you just have be patient and wait for a bit.

Roobs

HSC
lol..eh it was only like 2 days ago....i was more just wondering if anyone else had experienced the same problems??

P

pLuvia

Roobs said:
Hmmm..has anyone else noticed the irritating shitness of the "my application on line" site-- like how any parenthesis you type in the forms dont get saved, the way you cant enter anything in the "suburb" section of the rural section, or weather you are a "day pupil or boarder" without getting an error page?

I had a problem with something similar before when using Firefox to apply, but I switched to IE and it worked fine. I've emailed them once for the problem I experienced on Firefox, but they never seemed to reply.

I don't think brackets, forward slashes, and those other symbols get saved in the application form.

JustWin

HSC
isnt it better to apply using the book?

man the competition is fierce...im starting to get worried.

lanyon

HSC
yeh i have the same problem and ive only been usin firefox, guess ill try IE now

P

pLuvia

You'll have to print out the online application anyway, but it's just easier by computer since you can edit anytime

lanyon

HSC
hey in the draft pdf they send when we review our app, is the DOB supose to be in order MM/DD/YYYY, cause it is on mine...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)