2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
thanks so much for sharing. ... you didnt think that some people are waiting to watch the other game on TV?

SyCoTiC

HSC
I think Bedsy is a little overrated and this has been proven ever since the absence of Johns recently though I could be wrong seeing as he still needs to string a few games together and perhaps get on a roll. Give Farah a go and he will prove that he can do it on the big stage but judging by selections, form doesn't really prove to be the deciding factor unless it is completely vacant like this year's halfback position. Most of it is on reputation. In saying so, I'd rather keep Buderus on the team than an untested Farah, especially after going one down in the series.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
This is probably the hardest week of tipping thus far: 3 50/50 games.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
2/2 + 1/1 for origin. sexy time. i are in number 1 winnar spot on leaderboard lah!

Furthermore, I'm ranked 26th on the BWS leaderboard. If I cum in the top 3, I will get a shitload of money (something like 10k for 3rd, 15 k for 2nd and 30k for 1st)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
certainly looks like the raiders aernt much of a chance of claiming the wooden spoon after all that pre season hype
and yes cowboys win was just as i had predicted :)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
it is increasingly apparent that playing as a team will win you more games than having a team full of stars playing for themselves (durrr). for a quick reference, have a look at how the raiders and broncos are going, and then have a look at their team sheet. broncos have tate (although shithouse at the moment, a test and origin player nonetheless) on the bench, where as raiders have... no one, even their trump player carney is gone. so you'd reckon maybe the teams get the hint yea? we'll see how the broncos go this week, won't be surprised if they lose to the depleted knights.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hahhahah holy crap! i didnt realise the raiders are in the top 8. for some reason i can never remember their wins. that's crazy.

el gwapo

HSC
jemsta said:
certainly looks like the raiders aernt much of a chance of claiming the wooden spoon after all that pre season hype
and yes cowboys win was just as i had predicted :)
Yeah they're doing heaps well, they've got some good talent, like Costigan the guy the Broncs dumped, then Tilse the guy the Knights dumped. They're a very good recycling bin. Healthy crowd too, 13,000 more than 50% capacity but 15k in Suncorp was disappointing.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
wuddie said:
everytime a team in loses in origin, those who don't know much about the game blame the players and want to bring in about 20 changes to the team. on the apparent 'lack of involvement' from buderus - he made 32 tackles in 64min, double that of mason. mini was clearly outstanding at fullback, saved at least 3 tries. kidley injured himself after 17min of play, so it is not even sure if he'll be fit for origin 2. kite on the other hand, he has only played 36min as a run on forward and qld nailed him everytime, bring in hoffman.
Look, obviously the less tackles you make the more possesion you have. NSW had more tackles than QLD. Had Farah played he wouldnt need to make so many tacklies - instead he create tryscoring oppurtinites or score them himself.

Buderus's time is over. Yeah Murray's tactics were shit no doubt about it. Only reason BUderus was because he would be captain no other reason. he isnt better than Farah.

Mullen was crap - Orford is way better.

Saying that it would be unfair for Farah to play in the second Origin and expect him to pull of a spectacular performance to retain his spot.

NSW from the first few minutes it was quite obvious that they were going to lose. After the first QLD - must be the easiest try scored -NSW were never in it. Mullen was hopeless in defense. Mini -only looked good cos NSW players played shit in general.

King needs to improve. Of all the players only Hayne played decent - considering how much pressure QLD put on him.

HSC
HotShot said:
Look, obviously the less tackles you make the more possesion you have. NSW had more tackles than QLD. Had Farah played he wouldnt need to make so many tacklies - instead he create tryscoring oppurtinites or score them himself.

Buderus's time is over. Yeah Murray's tactics were shit no doubt about it. Only reason BUderus was because he would be captain no other reason. he isnt better than Farah.

Mullen was crap - Orford is way better.

Saying that it would be unfair for Farah to play in the second Origin and expect him to pull of a spectacular performance to retain his spot.

NSW from the first few minutes it was quite obvious that they were going to lose. After the first QLD - must be the easiest try scored -NSW were never in it. Mullen was hopeless in defense. Mini -only looked good cos NSW players played shit in general.

King needs to improve. Of all the players only Hayne played decent - considering how much pressure QLD put on him.
* farrah wouldn't have done much better than buderus did behind the nsw pack that clearly struggled (which led to their downfall).

*nsw need buderus. they need his experience and leadership, especially with mullen and anasta in the halves. farrah is in better form, but not enough to warrant buderus' place. buderus is a proven performer and a big match player, haha as long as he doesn't have to kick.

*mullen was always going to be a risky selection. i dont think he's quite ready but the other halfbacks simply haven't stepped up and played well enough to warrant selection. mullen was quite good in defence, i thought. he held his own imo.

*nsw were never in the match after the first try? they dominated the first half bar that try. nsw just couldn't match qld's intensity in the second half and thats what lost them the match.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Yeah, I'm listening to the radio broadcast. Exciting game. It sucks that both teams are my favourite league teams, but I need one of them to win for my tipping

stazi

Nightman
HSC
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEESSS!!!!!!! exactly what i needed for the bws comp. 3/3 and one step closer to winning the $30,000

iamsickofyear12

HSC
It may have been close in the end but the game was way too slow... holding down all over the place.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
damn it! thanks to the roosters for ruining a perfect round thus far for my tipping :(

SyCoTiC

HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
Rose just broke his leg... carrying him off now.
Jeez that looked bad.

That's the end of him for the rest of the season.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)