• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2007 NRL Thread (2 Viewers)

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hahahaha knights got absolutely owned
brizzy's back :)

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
that's pretty disappointing effort from the knights, words fail me here. brisbane pretty much dominated right from kick off and it is almost relentless all the way, credit to the broncos.

havint said that, you also have to bare in mind knights came into this game without buderus, simpson, kidley, johns (obviously), having 5 reserve grade players playing in crucial positions, up against a team full of international players just came back from an origin victory, so the contrast there speaks for itself. but the knights still should have given a better effort then letting the broncos running in a try every 5min.

brian smith has allegedly worked on knights' defence over the off season, what exactly has he done?

SyCoTiC

HSC
I thought it was a typo when I saw the news article on Sportal.

That's absolutely shameful on the Knights' behalf even WITH the players they were missing. A credit to the Broncos. They're definitely back. The wonders second-phase plays and throwing around the ball makes, they've gone away from that since the season began and started playing a one-out style and they've become so predictable it's not funny. Ennis' shift to halfback was long overdue and he proved it and played a very solid game. I thought Boyd's defence was very solid as a centre and Hodges and Tate went back to playing positive football. Hannant belongs on the run-on side and perhaps bring Lacey back onto the side as a replacement hooker for Berrigan, or vice versa.

Some stats for Brisbane's club record:
Biggest win - 65; Previous - 54
Highest score - 71; Previous - 60
Most Tries in a Game - 12; Previous - 11
Most Points in a Broncos Game - 77; Previous - 76

They pretty much broke all their previous club records.

COME ON BRONCOS!

HSC
Jamie Soward had a go in First Grade for the Roosters. :D About time, but at least he was there. He played alright; I can't really complain.

But then Josh Lewis also played in First Grade, for the Titans. :( From what I've read, he played well.
iamsickofyear12 said:
Rose just broke his leg... carrying him off now.
It looked awful, so painful. :(
stazi said:
damn it! thanks to the roosters for ruining a perfect round thus far for my tipping :(
Sexcellent.
$hiftyIceQueen said:
71-6

brisbane smashed newcastle :(
:eek: Awwww. In the couple of hours in between the Roosters WIN and the Broncos win, the Roosters weren't coming last.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
bored6 said:
Mullen sucks ^_^
thanks for all the reasoning you've provided, all the knights fans are so convinced now.

people just love blaming on one particular person after a team has lost. its always 'haynes threw away the game for nsw' or 'mullen can't kick so nsw/newcastle has lost'. try something different next time.

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Jamie Soward had a go in First Grade for the Roosters. :D About time, but at least he was there. He played alright; I can't really complain.
word on the street is that he's unhappy at the roosters and is going to join the dragons very soon

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
watatank said:
word on the street is that he's unhappy at the roosters and is going to join the dragons very soon
I thought Soward was always going to play halfback after Finch left. Then they decided to use Mitchell Pearce instead.

lisas18

HSC
Poor Dragons...They are a good team if they had all the good players playing...The eels might get there...goodluck to them...

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
watatank said:
The move was confirmed tonight.

How about Clint Newton? Brian Smith must be an absolute c**t!

HotShot

-_-
HSC
lisas18 said:
Poor Dragons...They are a good team if they had all the good players playing...The eels might get there...goodluck to them...
Any team is good if they had all the players playing. The best teams are those that can win without them.

Farah again outstanding. Morris has improve a lot as well. Tigers sitting on 3rd and I remember someone saying on BoS they wouldnt have chance of making top 8.

Tiger vs Cowboys - should be the match of the season I think whichever round that is.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
match of the season happened last week, storm vs manly.

tigers and cowboys will throw the ball around the park which should make it exciting, but if nothing goes to plan then it will be an error-prone game.

bored6

HSC
HotShot said:
Any team is good if they had all the players playing. The best teams are those that can win without them.

Farah again outstanding. Morris has improve a lot as well. Tigers sitting on 3rd and I remember someone saying on BoS they wouldnt have chance of making top 8.

Tiger vs Cowboys - should be the match of the season I think whichever round that is.
Lol.

Manly v Melb would be far better.

SyCoTiC

HSC
Brian Smith's always had run-in's with players during his coaching tenure and its shown at the Dragons and Eels. It's no surprise you've got so many players wanting to leave, especially after he told Newton that he wasn't needed for next season. What's up with the fella's team selections? Loves to play players out of position, Newton must be spewing because Smithy wanted him to play at halfback while he shifted Mullen to prop. :p

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
SyCoTiC said:
Brian Smith's always had run-in's with players during his coaching tenure and its shown at the Dragons and Eels. It's no surprise you've got so many players wanting to leave, especially after he told Newton that he wasn't needed for next season. What's up with the fella's team selections? Loves to play players out of position, Newton must be spewing because Smithy wanted him to play at halfback while he shifted Mullen to prop. :p
he sure has given the team a change, bringing in luke macdougall and vuna, kicked about a local born and bred newton and possibly a few others in the near future. but credit has to be given to the way he has dealt with the team since joey's retirement, knights could have been so much worse right now. but after that lost against broncos, i expect to see some results this week against the chooks.

anyone got a say on jaime lowe's hit on brett delaney?

SyCoTiC

HSC
I'd say 4 - 6 weeks for him, about the same as Carl Webb's incident.

It came pretty close to being a king hit I think, not close enough like Danny Williams a few years ago on John O'Neill. He was out cold the second he connected.

I just never really liked Smithy, he tends to bring players in from out of the locals and with a team like Newcastle who love their local juniors, it's going to hurt them badly. I'll never understand why a club like Newcastle brought someone like Smith in. I would've much rather opted for John Lang, he had a similar scenario and got Penrith a premiership because of his ability to bring in the locals and with a good mix of experienced and talented, he got results from it.

HSC
*sigh* Soward's gone. :(
RiCe_GrOwEr said:
I thought Soward was always going to play halfback after Finch left. Then they decided to use Mitchell Pearce instead.
I was hoping, and assuming, that it would be Lewis and Soward as #6 and #7. But instead they bring up Pearce; I don't see what the big fuss about him is about... and Anasta, who is a LOCK. AND they get rid of Lewis and Soward.

I'm worried about Roosters vs Knights.
The Knights were thrashed last week. And the Roosters won last week. So technically I shouldn't be worried...

RiCe_GrOwEr

Designated Hitter
HSC
N/A
chocolate_lover said:
I was hoping, and assuming, that it would be Lewis and Soward as #6 and #7. But instead they bring up Pearce; I don't see what the big fuss about him is about... and Anasta, who is a LOCK. AND they get rid of Lewis and Soward.
I agree with you, Anasta is too big to be a 5/8.

Is Wing going to the Panthers next year?

Newton signed with the Storm and Tate signed with the Warriors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)