2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
hahah nice. it was probably someone like me who wrote that. i wrote hitler as my name on one of our textbooks. oh sydney high. good times.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
I'm the only one that knew picking Anasta for origin was a horrible idea.
letting braith anasta play first grade footy was a terrible idea. he's slow, has a crap passing game, gets hammered at the line and takes ages to get a kick away. and yet he's somehow the best second receiver in nsw.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
blackfriday said:
letting braith anasta play first grade footy was a terrible idea. he's slow, has a crap passing game, gets hammered at the line and takes ages to get a kick away. and yet he's somehow the best second receiver in nsw.
He's not the second best, everyone just thinks he is.

HSC
mat2154 said:
craig wing used to go to our school, when we were using old maths textbooks, i found a book with "Craig Wing 95" written in the front page!!
Haha, cool!
stazi said:
hahah nice. it was probably someone like me who wrote that. i wrote hitler as my name on one of our textbooks. oh sydney high. good times.
Lol, people at my school used to write funny names in the textbooks too. (In Year 12 I think most people have moved away from it. Most...) But for the Wingy example, since "he" has actually put in a realistic year...

Ffs, Anasta isn't that bad anyway. Compare him to Nate Myles for example. :eek:

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Lol, people at my school used to write funny names in the textbooks too. (In Year 12 I think most people have moved away from it. Most...) But for the Wingy example, since "he" has actually put in a realistic year...

Ffs, Anasta isn't that bad anyway. Compare him to Nate Myles for example. :eek:
craig wing went to sydney boys apparently (i read it on some other forum), which i thought was quite interesting..do people know many footy players who went to selective schools? i sure don't...

p.s. Myles > Anasta.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Oh and on that note, High has had quite a few rugby players:
Duncan Mcrae
Christ Witaker
Marc Stcherbina

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
stazi said:
Oh and on that note, High has had quite a few rugby players:
Duncan Mcrae
Christ Witaker
Marc Stcherbina
we are talking first grade players who you can be proud of.

and obviously high didn't teach you how to spell Chris. i am sure no one's name is christ.

Teddy Lee

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
It's never too late. :D

Haha, that's cool, did you actually know him? What primary school was it, if you don't mind me asking?quote]

lol not really.. I just remember he was really sporty. oh and it's St Ives North.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
apart from manly and melb, who are obviously in a league of their own, every other team in the comp are pretty close, st george at the bottom of the ladder is only 3 wins away from the sharks (i think) at 3rd. so a lose from a top 8 team will almost certainly see them out of the top 8 for that week.

what a performance by the senior players of the knights last night, inspired the young guns to win the game. but in the end, the knights relaxed a bit too much and gave raiders a couple of tries. some amazing stats - knights' average winning margine this season = 3.5 points, 5/7 games won by 4 points. knights' defence is making a habit of letting the other team running in a try everytime they are in their 20m, something brian smith needs to fix now.

mat2154

HSC
craig wing to souths, apparently he wanted a four year contract and the roosters would only give him a one year contract. he will probably play five-eighth. it helped that he and crowe are good friends

HotShot

-_-
HSC
I think the 8 is pretty much determined already.. Maybe that 7th and 8th spot is up for grabs.. As long as the broncos dont make it - I am happy. That will mean the top teams copping defeats from the crap teams - but so be it.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
wuddie said:
apart from manly and melb, who are obviously in a league of their own, every other team in the comp are pretty close, st george at the bottom of the ladder is only 3 wins away from the sharks (i think) at 3rd. so a lose from a top 8 team will almost certainly see them out of the top 8 for that week.

what a performance by the senior players of the knights last night, inspired the young guns to win the game. but in the end, the knights relaxed a bit too much and gave raiders a couple of tries. some amazing stats - knights' average winning margine this season = 3.5 points, 5/7 games won by 4 points. knights' defence is making a habit of letting the other team running in a try everytime they are in their 20m, something brian smith needs to fix now.
Manly is in top form - but I think they wont manage it throughout the season. Storm seem to be a team on the decline.

HSC
HotShot said:
Manly is in top form - but I think they wont manage it throughout the season. Storm seem to be a team on the decline.
so putting on 50 against the cowboys makes them a team in decline does it?

HSC
yeah. they hit their peak early. just like last year. and the year before.

sure they are looking the goods atm, and so is manly, but its anyones guess as to who is going to win the competition.

anyone else think the quality of league has gone down in recent times? it's not quite as exciting as it used to be imo.

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
yeh besides lockyer and thurston there's a real lack of creative halves who can spark something special in attack. especially since second man plays have been turned into obstructions, second receivers have been cut out of the game and hence why so many backrowers are playing there.

probably they need to find a way to discourage dummy-half running on a regular basis as a strategy in attack and protect halves a little more.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)