2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

bored6

HSC
All Star Tiger said:
fittler was the only reason that the roosters went well in the years he was there he made the roosters lift and play well
Err. You're kidding yourself. I don't think people apperciate the amount of quality players that were also around Fittler that Roosters have lost over the years.

Cayless
Sing
Hegarty
Morely
Cross
Fletcher
Lomu
Rickertson
Bonetti
Walker
Fletcher

Etc etc. Too many Rooster haters place too much emphasis on the 2002 - 2007 problems facing the Roosters on the leaving of Brad Fittler; asserting them as a one man team. Whilst his retirement has had a big impact, so has too the plethora of other great players that have left.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
$hiftyIceQueen said:
Why? Because you voted against them?
no because they have retained their title of the most inconsistent team in the nrl.
a sharks loss, to me, comes as no surprise, no matter to what team. however, what keeps me excited is the anticipation that they may well pull off a few big upset here and there.

martin88

HSC
N/A
bored6 said:
Err. You're kidding yourself. I don't think people apperciate the amount of quality players that were also around Fittler that Roosters have lost over the years.

Cayless
Sing
Hegarty
Morely
Cross
Fletcher
Lomu
Rickertson
Bonetti
Walker
Fletcher

Etc etc. Too many Rooster haters place too much emphasis on the 2002 - 2007 problems facing the Roosters on the leaving of Brad Fittler; asserting them as a one man team. Whilst his retirement has had a big impact, so has too the plethora of other great players that have left.
players dragons have lost over the years

Barrett
Bailey
Timmins
Blacklock
Roberts
Riddell
Withers
Ennis
Fitzgibbon
Thompson
Ross
Smith
Holdsworth

etc etc etc

then add dragons dreadful injury run since Fittler's retirement, and they still manage to do better

you have no excuses... its really just Roosters = shithouse

SyCoTiC

HSC
Roosters have lost a wealth of talent and experience. Face it - They're in a rebuilding phase which isn't a bad thing and I think bringing Anderson in as coach is a good decision. The man is known to pull out youngsters from the rookie systems and develop them into potential superstars, I mean look what he did with the Storms in their second year in the competition.

lol. Ownage.

HSC
SyCoTiC said:
Roosters have lost a wealth of talent and experience. Face it - They're in a rebuilding phase which isn't a bad thing and I think bringing Anderson in as coach is a good decision. The man is known to pull out youngsters from the rookie systems and develop them into potential superstars, I mean look what he did with the Storms in their second year in the competition.

lol. Ownage.
lol. Storm had a team already full of first graders, he didn't pull anyone from any rookie system. Although I must say, Anderson did a marvellous job with Cronulla. I must say they haven't quite recovered yet...

Last edited:
HSC
martin88 said:
players dragons have lost over the years

then add dragons dreadful injury run since Fittler's retirement, and they still manage to do better

you have no excuses... its really just Roosters = shithouse
I'm a Dragons fan and not even I'm dumb enough to use that argument. Shame on you.

lengy

HSC
lol both Dragons and Roosters are shit! poor form! i don't watch Roosters games cause I don't barrack for them but bloody oath do the Dragons fuck up royally. you bastards!

Marny

HSC
Dragons do struggle without half of their players.
Barrett is the biggest loss the Dragons have ever faced.

What ever happened to try celebrations? Do u remember a couple of years ago when a team would score a try the team would do all these funny acts with the ball afterwards? Hazem El Masri used to have the best ones. I reckon they should BRING IT BACK! Does anyone else agree with me?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
bored6 said:

Cayless
Sing
Hegarty
Morely
Cross
Fletcher
Lomu
Rickertson
Bonetti
Walker
Fletcher

No - roosters one man team. Any team that has lost lot players are on the backfoot. But the roosters are just terrible.

Roosters will probably fight for the wooden spoon with who?hmm lets work through elimination

1Broncos -top 8
2Bulldogs - top 8 (may struggle to get there)
3Titans - top 8 (may struggle)
4Manly - top 8
5Storm - top 8
6Knights - top 8
7Eels - top 8
Radiers - possibility of wooden spoon challenge
Sharks - bottom 8
Warrior - bottom 8
Panther - bottom 8
Dragons - bottom 8
Rabbitohs - maybe top 8
Roosters - primary wooden spoon challengers
Tigers - top 8

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
hahaha tigers top 8?
wtf dude
it wouldnt surprise me if they languish near the bottom of the ladder
souths are a real chance at the top 8
eels im not so sure
but everything else seems about right

bored6

HSC
Marny said:
What ever happened to try celebrations? Do u remember a couple of years ago when a team would score a try the team would do all these funny acts with the ball afterwards? Hazem El Masri used to have the best ones. I reckon they should BRING IT BACK! Does anyone else agree with me?
No.

bored6

HSC
HotShot said:
No - roosters one man team. Any team that has lost lot players are on the backfoot. But the roosters are just terrible.

Roosters will probably fight for the wooden spoon with who?hmm lets work through elimination

1Broncos -top 8
4Manly - top 8
5Storm - top 8
6Knights - top 8
7Eels - top 8
Sharks - bottom 8
Warrior - bottom 8
Panther - bottom 8
Dragons - bottom 8
Rabbitohs - maybe top 8
Tigers - top 8
Whether you like them or not, Roosters have been, overall, the best club of the 21st century.

skinnier

HSC
lengy said:
lol both Dragons and Roosters are shit! poor form! i don't watch Roosters games cause I don't barrack for them but bloody oath do the Dragons fuck up royally. you bastards!

i dont even watch roosters games and i go for them its so depressing and i srsly dont know how we r going to fix it just need a better halves combo

HSC
bored6 said:

Cayless
Sing
Hegarty
Morely
Cross
Fletcher
Lomu
Rickertson
Bonetti
Walker
Fletcher

I'm glad you didn't put Finch on that list. :p
SyCoTiC said:

lol. Ownage.
A three year rebuilding phase... :(

HotShot said:

1Broncos -top 8
4Manly - top 8
5Storm - top 8
6Knights - top 8
7Eels - top 8
Sharks - bottom 8
Warrior - bottom 8
Panther - bottom 8
Dragons - bottom 8
Rabbitohs - maybe top 8
Tigers - top 8
Why did you put the Broncos at the top, when they're in the same boat as the Roosters?? And the Tigers?
skinnier said:
i dont even watch roosters games and i go for them its so depressing and i srsly dont know how we r going to fix it just need a better halves combo
That doesn't sound like you're a Roosters supporter...

HSC
the tigers gave been in great form they just lost to storm who will be minor priemers again and manly who will make the top 4 and eels which was a rubbish game which the tigers would havewon if PJ marsh did not tackle the benji without the ball.

HSC
All Star Tiger said:
the tigers gave been in great form they just lost to storm who will be minor priemers again and manly who will make the top 4 and eels which was a rubbish game which the tigers would havewon if PJ marsh did not tackle the benji without the ball.
Then again, they also lost to the Roosters in a trial match... :p:p

HSC
bored6 said:
Whether you like them or not, Roosters have been, overall, the best club of the 21st century.
cannot agree no.6!

the roosters have been a very good side, but as far as consistency goes it is definatley the broncos. the roosters have made the finals, but have only won one. when we analyse this kind of stuff you have to look at performance in the crunch games. for exmaple, 2003, you were out classed by the panthers, by all rights massive underdogs.

and as for quality of players, it should perhaps be quantity. fittler, wing, finch, anasta, mullins etc are not from the roosters. i class your side as a set of transit lounges, you buy premierships and success, not since the 70's have you been a 'real force'.

stop with your crazy antics you silly boy, we want honesty not bullshit!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)