2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

HotShot

-_-
HSC
bored6 said:
Whether you like them or not, Roosters have been, overall, the best club of the 21st century.
Maybe the 20th century - definetly not the 21st century. I would say Broncos - they have been the most consistent.

SyCoTiC

HSC
watatank said:
Yeah because Cowboys looked the goods this time last year too. Recall they missed the finals.
I recall that too. A team with that much wealth of both talent and experience wouldn't make the second mistake twice, the only thing I can see stopping them is the State of Origin period that would make them feel like they had a giant dildo shoved up their anus with all the players on rep duties. Give or take, I say they make the finals, it's just whether they can stay consistent through to the Grand Final.

Edit: Oh look - I have 69 posts. HAHA!

HSC
bored6 said:
Your credibility is sinking faster then the Titanic. Finch has been, and always will be, a mediocre player. Hardly great by any standards. Look at him now at Parramatta; it's like hes barely there.

Soliola is a great player.
soliola is is premier league. you cred is shit low. he is not 'great', but mediocre.

finch is out of position, no doubt about it. he was brilliant at canberra, you would not have made the finals in 03 04 without him, and once again you are blinded by your stupidity! open your eyes, pearce shows promise, but so did josh lewis, jamie soward and firman, you let go of the one thing that can win you a premiership.

you let go of adrian lamb as well, oh well, not my club.

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
HotShot said:
Maybe the 20th century - definetly not the 21st century. I would say Broncos - they have been the most consistent.
Despite being a Broncos fan, I'd disagree. In the final decade of last century we were undoubtedly the best, winning premierships in 92, 93, 97, 98, 2000, but since then, apart from last year, we've had issues where we play well and dominate the competition for the first 15 rounds, then drop off, play like shit, scrape into the finals and get eliminated straight away.

SyCoTiC

HSC
Origin likes to take its toll. I don't believe in hoodoos. The Broncos managed to change that up last season and look what happened, one week before the finals and Bennett had the boys packing on a holiday and they came back and slapped everyone (bar the Dragons but I believe that was planned) on their way to glory.

HSC
withoutaface said:
Despite being a Broncos fan, I'd disagree. In the final decade of last century we were undoubtedly the best, winning premierships in 92, 93, 97, 98, 2000, but since then, apart from last year, we've had issues where we play well and dominate the competition for the first 15 rounds, then drop off, play like shit, scrape into the finals and get eliminated straight away.
lol, you got me, i hate the rooters, im a panthers fan so its understandable. however i think that your problem during this era is your halfback. you've had prince, perry, seymour and berrigan to name a few, none of which were able to greatly impress. this is reinforced by the fact that lockyer moved to 5/8, that was only because you had no half back.

origin had some impact but the halfback problem is paramount.

martin88

HSC
N/A
SyCoTiC said:
Origin likes to take its toll. I don't believe in hoodoos. The Broncos managed to change that up last season and look what happened, one week before the finals and Bennett had the boys packing on a holiday and they came back and slapped everyone (bar the Dragons but I believe that was planned) on their way to glory.
explain the "planned to lose to dragons" part

HSC
extraordinary07 said:
lol, you got me, i hate the rooters, im a panthers fan so its understandable. however i think that your problem during this era is your halfback. you've had prince, perry, seymour and berrigan to name a few, none of which were able to greatly impress. this is reinforced by the fact that lockyer moved to 5/8, that was only because you had no half back.

origin had some impact but the halfback problem is paramount.
what prince is a awesome halfback won the preimership with the tigers, but yea ur right the other havent real empressed

bored6

HSC
All Star Tiger said:
what prince is a awesome halfback won the preimership with the tigers, but yea ur right the other havent real empressed
Don't mind him. He is a very silly British man.

HSC
extraordinary07 said:
soliola is is premier league. you cred is shit low. he is not 'great', but mediocre.

finch is out of position, no doubt about it. he was brilliant at canberra, you would not have made the finals in 03 04 without him, and once again you are blinded by your stupidity! open your eyes, pearce shows promise, but so did josh lewis, jamie soward and firman, you let go of the one thing that can win you a premiership.

you let go of adrian lamb as well, oh well, not my club.
Are you saying that every player that plays in Premier League is mediocre? Lol! :p

Um... I'm pretty sure that the Roosters would've made the finals in 03 and 04 without Finch... maybe even 05 and 06!

Pearce shows promise, yes.
What the hell do you mean so did Lewis?? He is definately still around, and FYI, he was out injured, and is just getting back to speed now.
And Soward, he'll be back, when Anderson stops being selfish, puts Anasta back to Lock, and allows the youngsters to practice playing together, so they can get the combinations working.
And as for Firman, he's practically played for half the clubs anyway!!

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
you have to say the roosters haven't had a decently structured team since fitler left. roosters don't have a standout as a captain, the squad keeps changing after every season, till now only a handful of players are still left from the 02 premiership side. how can you even expect the roosters to even stand a chance?

i rate anasta, he had been pretty good at the bulldogs, but look what happened ever since he left for the roosters. the roosters have to have faith with the squad for a couple of years, keep it unchanged and let it have some stability. and sacking ricky stuart for chris anderson? that's just dumb, get on your knees and beg sticky to come back.

HSC
wuddie said:
you have to say the roosters haven't had a decently structured team since fitler left. roosters don't have a standout as a captain, the squad keeps changing after every season, till now only a handful of players are still left from the 02 premiership side. how can you even expect the roosters to even stand a chance?

i rate anasta, he had been pretty good at the bulldogs, but look what happened ever since he left for the roosters. the roosters have to have faith with the squad for a couple of years, keep it unchanged and let it have some stability. and sacking ricky stuart for chris anderson? that's just dumb, get on your knees and beg sticky to come back.
I agree with your comment about the captain. IMO, Fitzy is a great player, putting in 100% each week, but as a captain, does nothing at all to inspire the team.

As for Anasta... his best game I've seen him play, was the first Round this year, when he was Lock.

Chris Anderson hasn't impressed me as a coach yet. I don't think he'll do anything positive for the youngsters, because he is coming down extremely hard on them, and I think they will respond negatively to him. I'm just hoping that those players don't end up changing clubs, because I'm proud of them being Roosters. :eek:

Anyway, I've also heard quite a few negative things about Anderson in the past couple of weeks, between him and the players... but we'll see, they could just be rumours.

SyCoTiC

HSC
martin88 said:
explain the "planned to lose to dragons" part
Lose to St George. Take the easier route around via the Bulldogs and Knights. It paid dividends. =)

Whilst the Dragons had to contend with the Storms themselves just to qualify for the Grand Final and look what happened to the poor the sods.

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
Are you saying that every player that plays in Premier League is mediocre? Lol! :p

Um... I'm pretty sure that the Roosters would've made the finals in 03 and 04 without Finch... maybe even 05 and 06!

Pearce shows promise, yes.
What the hell do you mean so did Lewis?? He is definately still around, and FYI, he was out injured, and is just getting back to speed now.
And Soward, he'll be back, when Anderson stops being selfish, puts Anasta back to Lock, and allows the youngsters to practice playing together, so they can get the combinations working.
And as for Firman, he's practically played for half the clubs anyway!!
the fact is the roosters did make the finals in 03 and 04, and that was largely because of finch. you are lying if you say he wasnt integral, and he became a scapegoat once fittler left. i might add he played origin during 05,06.

lewis got dumped after one game this year. soward and firman from memory got dumped early on in 05 as well, see the pattern. you need a coach who will stick with one combination, at the moment pearce is ready to get the chop. it isnt hard to imagine amos roberts in the halves in the future. stuart made the same mistake by changing it every week, and looked what happened to him.

roosters are going for the spoon, and i cant see them getting out of it.

HSC
bored6 said:
Don't mind him. He is a very silly British man.
american thank you! and number 6 by the way is of swedish decent, and constantly procrastinates. how uncouth!

HSC
extraordinary07 said:
american thank you! and number 6 by the way is of swedish decent, and constantly procrastinates. how uncouth!
American? You mean that country who plays football with helmets and padding?

bored6

HSC
brogan77 said:
You're a fucking jagtard. Largely because of Finch? Yeah because Brad Fittler totally did not retire at the end of 2004. Then Finch kept playing with the roosters 2005 and 2006...oh fucking look, missed the finals both times.

YEAH THAT WAS ALL FINCH AND NOT FITTLER AT ALL.
Absolute fucking sped, you know nothing about league, let alone the roosters.

Lewis has a fucking foot injury and was not dropped. Soward wasn't dropped permanently in 05 he was playing last year for us, in and out of first grade.

Firman was and always will be a shitcunt...he has not achieved at any club he's been at since his majory injury and has continued to be shit after he left the roosters.

we've had three games this season and pearce isn't dropped yet, he's only 17 ffs.

in conclusion, yeah the roosters are a likely spoon choice, but you know jack fucking shit about league and should shut your fucking trap in the future.
ROFL, so true.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)