2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
wuddie said:
let's get one thing clear, adam dykes has not been better than braith anasta when he was at his peak. anasta, to say the least, has played tests for aust, won a premiership and voted best 5/8 in the year, what exactly has dykes done? if anything, monaghan should get the nod before dykes does.

to call on a debutant 5/8 when there is already the uncertainty in kimmorley/orford? why don't we just refund the tickets and call it quits?
Anasta is a lock, but I think he will be selected at five eighth.

I dont think it will happen, but I would like to see this type of backline

1. Kurt Gidley/Ben Hornby
2. Anthony Minichiello
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Matt Cooper
5. Matt King
6. Todd Carney/Jarrod Mullen
7. Brett Kimmorley

14. Kurt Gidley/Ben Hornby

i would like to see the selectors gamble on one of the young guys at five eighth, simply because nsw needs that something extra to score points, rather than going with a "safe" option (i never thought i'd be saying that) in anasta . kimmorley is the best organiser imo (and neither orford or gower hasn't done enough to earn a spot, havent got much option), while hornby/gidley will provide support/another kicking option from fullback. the other comes off the bench.

bored6

HSC
watatank said:
Anasta is a lock, but I think he will be selected at five eighth.

I dont think it will happen, but I would like to see this type of backline

1. Kurt Gidley/Ben Hornby
2. Anthony Minichiello
3. Jamie Lyon
4. Matt Cooper
5. Matt King
6. Todd Carney/Jarrod Mullen
7. Brett Kimmorley

14. Kurt Gidley/Ben Hornby

i would like to see the selectors gamble on one of the young guys at five eighth, simply because nsw needs that something extra to score points, rather than going with a "safe" option (i never thought i'd be saying that) in anasta . kimmorley is the best organiser imo (and neither orford or gower hasn't done enough to earn a spot, havent got much option), while hornby/gidley will provide support/another kicking option from fullback. the other comes off the bench.
Wheres the logic in putting Mini at wing? I cant remember the last time he played wing and putting an unproven player, such as Gidley, into fullback is absurd when you have the safe option of the former.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
i really need the knights to win this one. pleaassseeeeee win. I'll prob get $45 if you do :( they're down by 6 with a half to go.

HSC
bored6 said:
Wheres the logic in putting Mini at wing? I cant remember the last time he played wing and putting an unproven player, such as Gidley, into fullback is absurd when you have the safe option of the former.

I don't have much confidence in the NSW halves to be honest. I would much prefer to see Mini at fullback, but since the NSW halves suck and imo need support, I thought a ball playing fullback would be the way to go, and that means Hornby or Gidley. It's not about picking the best players its about picking the best team, and IMO thats how I would do it, but hey im not a selector.

Gidleys the form NSW fullback in the comp and Mini has played wing as much as he has played fullback, I really don't think it would be a problem. I think Mini should be there somewhere, so wing it is.

Anyways NSW team won't be picked that way...Mini will be fullback, Lyon and Cooper will be centres King on one wing, rest of the backline is open.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
sigh. wish this was on FTA TV :( 12-18. 10 mins to go. Hope they have it in them.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
18-18!!!!!!!!!! :D 2 mins left. Bloody hell. Stupid lack of foxtel :(

EDIT: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 24-18!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully $45 will cum my way, unless there's an upset

HSC
wow penrith actually won a game.

i have...

6.anasta
7. mullen/gower
13.ryan
bench: gidley

but it could possibly be...

6.gidley
7.mullen
13anasta
bench: farah

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
wuddie said:
let's get one thing clear, adam dykes has not been better than braith anasta when he was at his peak. anasta, to say the least, has played tests for aust, won a premiership and voted best 5/8 in the year, what exactly has dykes done? if anything, monaghan should get the nod before dykes does.
we're not going to look at what a player did 5 years ago are we, in terms of form and consistency dykes has been much better than anastasukis. preston campbell won the dally m award a few years ago, and he's never played origin, why not throw him at 5/8, all because he won an award some 5 years ago

(enigma)

no soup for you
HSC
stazi said:
18-18!!!!!!!!!! :D 2 mins left. Bloody hell. Stupid lack of foxtel :(

EDIT: YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 24-18!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hopefully $45 will cum my way, unless there's an upset
kinda like the panthers winning? thats an upset in my book.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
kinda like the panthers and the raiders winning :( oh well, i can still win the moneys.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
extraordinary07 said:
6.gidley
7.mullen
13anasta
bench: farah
yuck, the only person id have in the team on that list is farah, on the bench.
btw, gower is injured, not how sure long he'll be out, though.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
onebytwo said:
we're not going to look at what a player did 5 years ago are we, in terms of form and consistency dykes has been much better than anastasukis. preston campbell won the dally m award a few years ago, and he's never played origin, why not throw him at 5/8, all because he won an award some 5 years ago
you have no idea what you are talking about, not just in this one, in most posts you make on nrl.

anasta has been in an average form, but even in that form, he's still a better player than dykes in the 'red hot form' (supposedly) he is in now. anasta is basically anchoring all the attacking plays for the chooks, without him, don't be surprised if the chooks get flogged without scoring a point every week.

you said about picking players base on their ability to play as a team, why don't we just choose the eagles to play for nsw? they are as close a pack as you can get at the moment, and they are raping the other teams. selectors select players base on their performance, past and present, full stop.

you obviously go for the sharks, so i don't blame you for nominating dykes. but seriously, look at our options, dykes will be way down in the pecking order. he'd be like finch, he'll get his chance when there's no other option.

by the way, sharkies, 40 years and won f all, it's a shame isn't it?

HotShot

-_-
HSC
onebytwo said:
yuck, the only person id have in the team on that list is farah, on the bench.
btw, gower is injured, not how sure long he'll be out, though.
Fuck it.. Just let the tigers represent NSW.. let all the NZ players -- dyr thier hair blond... and put on some white paint...

Sif.. Hornby was even considered...

Wouldnt be surprised if Mullen was halfback / though it till probably be Orford/Kimmorley.

Anasta at 5/8th is almost certain.

HSC
orford=overated

he aint a rep player, never will be and he wont even come close to consideration.

grant rovelli has a better chance :eek:

mullen for half, after his performance against the warriors he has to be, gower might get it if he is fit but that is unlikely.

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
well well well roosters, proving me wrong, gutsy win over the titans. maybe it is a start of something good for them.

raiders caused another upset over the rabbitohs. well not really an upset, it is the rabbitohs after all. but anyone still thinks they are wooden spoon contenders? they are out to prove a lot of people wrong.

great win for the knights, gidley won it all, in my opinion. this will surely guarantee a spot for him in origin. adam woolnough throwing a cut out pass for macdougall to score untouched, has anyone else seen a prop throwing a cut out pass before? this is like seeing gilly bowling.

HSC
its not that uncommon to see props passing more these days. they need to be able to pass otherwise they are a sitting duck for 4 defenders.

in saying that i haven't seen a prop throw a cutout pass, ive seen andrew ryan throw plenty though and he's a backrower.

HSC
FUCK, Josh Lewis has gone to the Titans. :(:(:(
wuddie said:
well well well roosters, proving me wrong, gutsy win over the titans. maybe it is a start of something good for them.
Let's hope so.

There's still plenty of room for improvement, the Roosters really need to improve their ball control, and just like the Dragons match, the opposition just made more mistakes.

Although, with that said, I was impressed by Wing, who had another one of his good games, Monaghan, Anasta, Shillington and Nutley.

And I'm happy that Fitzy + Minichiello scored tries though, about time!

daviet

HSC
isnt tahu for contention? how bout eric grothe? cant believe you guys for got those guys.
my blues team: fullback: minichello, Wings: Rooney & King or Grothe, Centres: Cooper/Tahu/Lyon (i rather have him than anasta though)
Halves will be anasta & mullen (he's up to it). Orford was crap. kimmorley was quiet, and dykes 'hot form' is overrated.

oh, and Danny Nutley plays for queensland...

daviet

HSC
though i dont support them, im always up for quality footy, and i reckon queensland have a wing & fullback dilemma
they lost guys like matt sing so thats a negative

they cant play bowen at fullback, simply the way hunt ran the line in his matches.
the centres also look chock full...they have inglis, bowman (who might not get a game) hodges, tate and matt rogers (man he's gotta play)..but in the wings they dont have many, unless slater moves there...they have bell so thats a plus...i'd like to see if prince will get a game, he's been fantastic

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)