2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

HSC
they were talking about kimmorleys pass that got intercepted by matt bowen a couple of years back. qld won that game in golden point. last game kimmorley played for nsw.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
HotShot said:
Its Minichello fault's - thats sort of situation all the time in NRL and normally the fullback would be there in support and would have caught that ball.

But mini was out of position and Haynes did everything rite to keep the ball in NSW possession. Had he not thrown the pass he would have been pushed over, QLD would have had possesion and would have scored. On the other hand had Mini caught it NSW would have been possesion of the ball.
but how would you have known that qld would have scored had they got the scrum feed...its one of those 'what if' hypothetical situations, but either way we were gettin slaughtered by those decoy runs

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
You answered your own question... blunder of the century.
had kimmorley passed that when nsw was up 50-0, no one would have cared, it was just his shit luck that it was at golden time. how can the selectors judge him on that one pass and possibly ended his rep career right there?

gus gould made a comment after that game which i agreed with wholeheartedly. he said, kimmorley made a gamble in throwing that pass. if bowen didn't catch it, it would have been either a repeat set, which allowed nsw to gain ground and go for a field goal; or it would of gave nsw an overlap which can very well result in a match winning try. then every nsw-men will dub kimmorley as the hero. but so shit happens, and he paid the price for gambling.

i am very glad the selectors kept the team as it was in origin 1 (except for kite, who clearly has no clue), bar injuries.

HSC
wuddie said:
had kimmorley passed that when nsw was up 50-0, no one would have cared, it was just his shit luck that it was at golden time. how can the selectors judge him on that one pass and possibly ended his rep career right there?

gus gould made a comment after that game which i agreed with wholeheartedly. he said, kimmorley made a gamble in throwing that pass. if bowen didn't catch it, it would have been either a repeat set, which allowed nsw to gain ground and go for a field goal; or it would of gave nsw an overlap which can very well result in a match winning try. then every nsw-men will dub kimmorley as the hero. but so shit happens, and he paid the price for gambling.

i am very glad the selectors kept the team as it was in origin 1 (except for kite, who clearly has no clue), bar injuries.
i don't agree. it was a 50-50 play in golden point. in golden point you play for territory, and the only exception to this is if an opportunity presents itself and its a high percentage play. you don't go for 50-50 plays in golden point and that's the mistake he made. he paid for that mistake, and rightly so imo.

p.s. ryles> kite > white.

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
iamsickofyear12 said:
You answered your own question... blunder of the century.
had the pass been 30 cm higher, nsw would have scored, and kimmorley would be regarded a legend of origin football. it was a pass that was going to win or lose the match for nsw, too bad it went the other way. its a very fine line

onebytwo

Recession '08
HSC
on the issue of brent kite, he is easily nsw worst forward. i still cant accept how he was selected for australia. if anyine noticed in the game 1, he was being driven on his back with such force and gravity and so frequently that his name on the back of his jersey started to peel off. and that was like after 10 minutes.
as i said before, mason should be in the front row, and paul gallen in the back row

HotShot

-_-
HSC
jemsta said:
but how would you have known that qld would have scored had they got the scrum feed...its one of those 'what if' hypothetical situations, but either way we were gettin slaughtered by those decoy runs
did you see QLD first try? that much pretty much summed up the game. as soon as I saw that I knew that QLD win it. Hindmarsh's try wasnt try he didnt ground the ball.. Price's try was legitimate QLD would have wooped NSW had it not been for the ref.

Everytime QLD were near NSW tryline they scored.

NOW Kimmorley's back.. hard to see NSW winning without Farah.

HSC
onebytwo said:
on the issue of brent kite, he is easily nsw worst forward. i still cant accept how he was selected for australia. if anyine noticed in the game 1, he was being driven on his back with such force and gravity and so frequently that his name on the back of his jersey started to peel off. and that was like after 10 minutes.
as i said before, mason should be in the front row, and paul gallen in the back row
true brent kite is rubbish played the worst game!

SyCoTiC

HSC
Why is it that Mullen gets the axe and Kite doesn't? NSW selectors make no sense. Meh, better for Queenslanders. Good to see big Webby back, hopefully he brings some more aggression to the forefront - How's this for a back row:

Carroll, Johnson, Webb.

That matches Bird, Hindmarsh and Ryan easily.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
I'm really sick of the randomness of the comp.

Last night the Rabbitohs (who had lost 5 straight) beat the Panthers (who the week before beat Manly).

Tonight the Raiders (who lost to the Titans last week by 20) belted the Eels who last week beat the Tigers (who had won 6 straight) by 30.

I wouldn't mind so much if all the teams were equally good... but at the moment it seems most of the teams are equally bad... and almost all are inconsistent.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
chocolate_lover said:
GO THE ROOSTERS!!

Fucking champions. :D

64-30, for those who didn't watch it. :D:D
They aren't champions. The cowboys were horrible, they completely forgot how to defend... and the fact that the Roosters allowed 30 points to be scored against them just shows how pathetic their defense was as well.

This is a perfect example of what I said just before about everyone being horrible and inconsistent.

HSC
Just curious, did you read the 64 points part of that post?

Oh, and fuck you're a negative person! Every single post you make in this thread is either pointing out a player's faults, or a team's faults, or even the competition's faults.

iamsickofyear12

HSC
chocolate_lover said:

Oh, and fuck you're a negative person! Every single post you make in this thread is either pointing out a player's faults, or a team's faults, or even the competition's faults.
I know how many points they scored... what difference does that make. Any team can score that many points when their opposition forgets how to play. It doesn't make them awesome all of a sudden. Roosters supporters especially need to realise that 1 win every now and then (no matter how many points it is by) means nothing.

The Roosters lost last week to a Knights team with basically nobody... explain that.

There hasn't been anything to be positive about. It is not my fault that everyone is shit.

HSC
chocolate_lover said:

congratufuckalations! your team won a fucking game, that is swell real fucking swell. just while we are on the subject of pointng out faults, why dont you stop to read your post and take a look at what you wrote, "negative" aint a very nice word.

as for the fucking 64 points bullshit, whoopty fucking doo, you let in another 30 so you fucking lost another half on for and against.

you know, even though you won you are still stuck at the bottom of the fucking ladder. savour the win but fuck me i dont wanna hear about it.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC
wow take a chill pill yo
but roosters aernt gonna make it :)

HSC
brogan77 said:
We're two wins out of the top eight. :)
one actually, doesnt make a fucking difference, i mean jesus i support penrith! penrith have been one win out of the 8 for two years, and i bet we will be in the same position come end of the year.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Cowboys - are fairly a one-man team = Thurston.

Tigers - how awesome was that Farah play.. fuck can Buderus do that? in the dying seconds of the match? on the last play? Buderus the tard would have passed it or got tackled himself..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)