2007 NRL Thread (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
yeah, was a very close finish. oh well, im going to keep my tip in for the Raiders winning. If they do, then it should balance out my loss of the other tip

iamsickofyear12

HSC
stazi said:
yeah, was a very close finish. oh well, im going to keep my tip in for the Raiders winning. If they do, then it should balance out my loss of the other tip
I'm 5/5 so far... but so are 2 other people from my tipping comp (and there are only 5 of us in it total).

The 1 person who didn't put his tips in is getting killed with the away teams.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
well 5/5 would be easy. no upsets yet this round. i decided to go for one of the upsets to go for gold, but it didn't pay off.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
Exphate said:
Fuck the tige's played good in the second half last night (didnt watch the first lol). They are up there with the storm and manly imo.

Bloody hell the TITans lost again :( . Was a wicked field goal from DL, as usual. But how could they let in so many soft tries. Motherfuckers :(

Yeah drop goal from halfway is insane.

Lol Tigers ripped the panthers 2nd half, But the Lawrence dude is fucken insane. 95 metres for a try.. out of nothing basically. Has little footwork but he manages to get past them.. pure speed.

I reckon this guy will make next year prob of the bench or something like that.

Halves for NSW next yaer? Bird I dont think so? Carney I doubt it? Walsh? Maybe.. Mullen - I doubt it... It will depend on the coach I think.. you reckon Bellamy will take the job?

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
hahahahahaha

did the world see it coming or what?? roosters have finally learnt!! anderson, dead set mate, good riddance.

now they might actually have a chance, not this season, but next season.

in other news, knights flocked the eels. oh that's right.

HSC
wuddie said:
hahahahahaha

did the world see it coming or what?? roosters have finally learnt!! anderson, dead set mate, good riddance.

now they might actually have a chance, not this season, but next season.

in other news, knights flocked the eels. oh that's right.
Top 8, here we come!

Haha, j/k, but hopefully we'll start moving away from the wooden spoon... :cool:

Oh, and poor Luke Burt, he's dislocated his knee cap, ouch!

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
why they dumped ricky stuart is still a mystery to me. that bloke is no less than one of the best coaches in the comp. just because the roosters management can't manage properly isn't sticky's fault.

roosters should (or must?) get john lang for next year. he's the only experienced one around nowadays.

HotShot

-_-
HSC
wuddie said:
why they dumped ricky stuart is still a mystery to me. that bloke is no less than one of the best coaches in the comp. just because the roosters management can't manage properly isn't sticky's fault.

roosters should (or must?) get john lang for next year. he's the only experienced one around nowadays.
Fittler will be ok I think...:)

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
the dream plan is for freddy to kill it for the rest of the season and be an assistant for nsw origin with a view to take over the real thing later on.

then again when you have players as crap as the roosters have, you're pretty much screwed.

mat2154

HSC
the roosters screwed themselves over by putting all their eggs in the same basket (mitchell pearce), getting rid of soward whos playing well and lewis who they would probably love to have kept as a five eighth. they also released flannery who wasn't that bad a player (played halfback for australia). now pearce is injured they have no halves

wuddie

Black by Demand
HSC
one of the things i love about newcastle is that they have such a great depth. i dare say they got the best juniors in the comp and they have maintained that for a long time. kimmorley, finch were knights juniors but obviously with johns around, they had no chance of making top grade there.

roosters used to have a very good reserve grade when they were doing well in the 02-04 period. now they've spent almost every cent on marquee players, the o'meleys and anastas, and injury will hit the team some point during the season, that's why you need your juniors.

melb is doing the smart thing by letting matt king go, and keep bringing up the juniors. king is definitely playing for money, so there was no way melb would have kept him. instead, they look after those who want to stay at the club. that's why i think they will be a strong side for a long time to come

blackfriday

Pezzonovante
HSC
yeh gone were the days where we were convinced the roosters were the rorters and they did some creative accounting to get under the salary cap. it was their fault for buying crap players i guess, come on, firman and THEN anasta...geez

HSC
omg penrith won a game. now if those rooters lose penrith wont be alone at the bottom of the table.

two wins against bulldogs, one against brisbane, manly and cowboys, why the fuck do we beat those sides who have great rosters but not the rest?

Beato153

Bored @ Work
HSC
mat2154 said:
the roosters screwed themselves over by putting all their eggs in the same basket (mitchell pearce), getting rid of soward whos playing well and lewis who they would probably love to have kept as a five eighth. they also released flannery who wasn't that bad a player (played halfback for australia). now pearce is injured they have no halves

Flanney nevr ever played halfback for australia dude!! And yeh the roosters are gooooone manly my manly beat them 56 to 0. GO MANLY

HSC
Go the Roosters!! All hail King Freddie. :D
We won, 23-12.
It was great to see every single Roosters playing with passion and pride for the red, white and blue. :)

iamsickofyear12

HSC
What is it with the Roosters fans that post in here....?

No matter how shit they play they refuse to accept that the Roosters suck. When they do win they are all of a sudden the greatest team ever regardless of the actual events of the game. The Roosters could win in by 1 point after the other team had 5 players sent off in the first minute and some Roosters fans would still come on and say how absolutely fantastic the Roosters played.

The reason the Roosters won is because the Sharks were hopeless. I counted at least 6 dropped/lost/stolen balls. They had nothing in attack. Beating the Sharks tonight is nothing to celebrate. Anything less would of been disgraceful.

mat2154

HSC
Beato153 said:
Flanney nevr ever played halfback for australia dude!! And yeh the roosters are gooooone manly my manly beat them 56 to 0. GO MANLY
sorry it must have been some other player crossing my mind. but roosters fans shouldn't be too happy, its just the new coach syndrome, they'll go back to their old habits of winning one and losing the other.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)