• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2008/09 English premier League (2 Viewers)

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
Lol he was played for basically all of the clubs supported on here... Leeds, Liverpool, Arsenal and prison (which = Chelsea).
And Anelka has played for pretty much all of United's rivals. Arsenal, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Citeh, and now Chelsea. All that's missing is Leeds.

As for Ronaldo's goal, yeah it was amazing. But don't bring the shit about fanboys on other forums creaming about this is the best goal ever. Paul Scholes' volley at Villa Park 2 seasons ago was the most amazing goal I've ever seen. Add to that Rooney's volley against Newcastle all those years ago. Those would've been my favourite United goals in recent memory.

Yeah I'll update my sig as soon as I get my hands on a gif of that Ronaldo goal. :)

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
And Anelka has played for pretty much all of United's rivals. Arsenal, Real Madrid, Liverpool, Citeh, and now Chelsea. All that's missing is Leeds.
anelka was best at arsenal.

Lol he was played for basically all of the clubs supported on here... Leeds, Liverpool, Arsenal and prison (which = Chelsea).
he was best at arsenal also.

Charizard

HSC
anelka was best at arsenal.

he was best at arsenal also.
Dont know that he was ever top scorer in the premier league as he is currently? when you consider he has had to share games with drogba, the fact he is equal first in the premier league is phenomonal.

I had my doubt last season, even though he was played out of position, but he truly is one of the best strikers in the world when playing against rubbish teams. Burns defenders with speed then softly touches it into the goal. Class.

I can't believe you have people have had a discussion on greatest volleys of all time without talking about this man.

YouTube - Le Tissier Top Ten Goals

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
Dont know that he was ever top scorer in the premier league as he is currently? when you consider he has had to share games with drogba, the fact he is equal first in the premier league is phenomonal.

I had my doubt last season, even though he was played out of position, but he truly is one of the best strikers in the world when playing against rubbish teams. Burns defenders with speed then softly touches it into the goal. Class.

I can't believe you have people have had a discussion on greatest volleys of all time without talking about this man.

YouTube - Le Tissier Top Ten Goals

he is ok at chelsea, he isn't great. drogba is 10 times the player he is.

i say he was better at arsenal because as a 17-18 y/o he scored 28 goals over 2 seasons. arsenal bought him for pounds 500,000 and sold him to real madrid for pounds 22 million.

he had a very bright future but the power of the pound got the better of him.

i also noticed all his goals this season have been simple dinks/tap-ins i.e. nothing of note or torres-esque, might be wrong though.

HSC
he is ok at chelsea, he isn't great. drogba is 10 times the player he is.
joint top scorer with crissy ronaldo =/= just "ok"

and wow, has anyone realised that kevin davies is fourth top scorer, tied with fwanky?

1. Nicolas Anelka - 15
1. Cristiano Ronaldo - 15
3. Steven Gerrard - 13
4. Kevin Davies - 12
4. Frank Lampard - 12
6. Gabriel Agbonlahor - 11
6. Peter Crouch - 11
6. Fernando Torres - 11
6. Robinho - 11
10. Emmanuel Adebayor - 10
10. Darren Bent - 10
10. Matthew Taylor - 10
10. Amr Zaki - 10

Izzay

Wassup MTV
HSC
N/A
joint top scorer with crissy ronaldo =/= just "ok"

and wow, has anyone realised that kevin davies is fourth top scorer, tied with fwanky?

1. Nicolas Anelka - 15
1. Cristiano Ronaldo - 15
3. Steven Gerrard - 13
4. Kevin Davies - 12
4. Frank Lampard - 12
6. Gabriel Agbonlahor - 11
6. Peter Crouch - 11
6. Fernando Torres - 11
6. Robinho - 11
10. Emmanuel Adebayor - 10
10. Darren Bent - 10
10. Matthew Taylor - 10
10. Amr Zaki - 10

ok. we are 32 games into the EPL and the top goalscorer is only on 15? that isn't very impressive.
compare that to this stage last year, im sure cristiano had notched up plenty of goals, adebayor and torres would have been well on their way to 20-something goals..

it just shows the lack of goal-scoring qualities displayed by strikers this year. i further this statement with reference to your list where 4 of the top 5 goal scorers are midfielders.

and anelka has scored only 1 goal in 4 months(18 epl games).

Charizard

HSC
ok. we are 32 games into the EPL and the top goalscorer is only on 15? that isn't very impressive.
compare that to this stage last year, im sure cristiano had notched up plenty of goals, adebayor and torres would have been well on their way to 20-something goals..

it just shows the lack of goal-scoring qualities displayed by strikers this year. i further this statement with reference to your list where 4 of the top 5 goal scorers are midfielders.

and anelka has scored only 1 goal in 4 months(18 epl games).
I don't think hes played very many games at all under hiddink. HE set up a few in the Champs league so far but.

I agree not all of his goals have been class, but that's his style, burn defenders with speed off their shoulder and slide it in. Don't think that means hes of less value then someone who just scores freakish goals then misses some easy ones (Torres)

Roy9

HSC
Macheda sigs are becoming more widespread. Here is an example:

HSC
keep fapping. with all the pressure you fuckwit man spew fans are putting on him, don't be surprised if he plateaus at 19 and never gets any better.

LMF^^

(m==)m
HSC
N/A
keep fapping. with all the pressure you fuckwit man spew fans are putting on him, don't be surprised if he plateaus at 19 and never gets any better.
Sir Alex knows how to deal with youngsters, so I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get any better. He ain't no David Bellion, or Dong Fangzhuo. He's more like a Giuseppe Rossi. I'm still kinda sad that Rossi decided to leave, because he could've been a very useful player for us this season.

The amount of bitterness towards United in this thread amazes me, and I'm the only United fan that constantly posts here.

HSC
Sir Alex knows how to deal with youngsters, so I'd be very surprised if he doesn't get any better. He ain't no David Bellion, or Dong Fangzhuo. He's more like a Giuseppe Rossi. I'm still kinda sad that Rossi decided to leave, because he could've been a very useful player for us this season.

The amount of bitterness towards United in this thread amazes me, and I'm the only United fan that constantly posts here.
yes yes, but even sir alex will have trouble trying to keep an italian humble. :p

HSC
btw, tonight in the championship, wolves officially secured promotion and charlton were officially relegated to league one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)