2008 HSC School Rankings (1 Viewer)

dp624

HSC
Re: Top 200 Schools - Daily Telegraph

BabyBlueVamp said:
A) this is a private school, not a public school.
They are a private school with government funding.
And B) you don't even the policies of the school, It must have warned the students before. Plus you don't know what is going on in that school.
From what we hear is good enough. Irregardless of them warning the students beforehand or not, it's still a despicable business.
[quote
I think that you are being a bit narrow minded. And yes, no matter what you say, your judgement is clouded by the fact that it is an Islamic School. That is not fair! Plus, who are you to judge what is Australian or not. No offence or anything. Our culture is what we make of it. Its the diversity. I get it, i am a bit puzzled by their actions. But that doesn't mean that i am jumping to a conclusion that they are unAustralian, or that it is inhumane.[/quote]

Australian values are not definable yes. However there is a good indication of what people constitute as Australian or not. Even if you consider it "australian" it's still a despicable practice. Goes to show that only AFTER media attention it got stoped.

Seriously, its not like they are beating their students to get good marks. that is inhumane!
They are disadvantaging the other students in order to give certain hopefuls better marks. This kind of discrimination is unfair and really unacceptable.

Real Madrid

HSC

xMrRand0m said:
Wow. Is it me or can you not see Patrician Brothers' College Fairfield? Do we really suck that bad? =P
Your school is full of pretentious hipster fasions right?

Case closed motherfucker.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad

Back up into the top 10 this year, just scraped it :D

Monika D

HSC

10th and i couldnt even get my 9th preference. motherfuck

Enobarbus

HSC
N/A

BabyBlueVamp said:
A) this is a private school, not a public school.
So what if it's private? It receives taxpayers' money, so it doesn't make sense that it can do whatever the hell it likes
BabyBlueVamp said:
And B) you don't even the policies of the school, It must have warned the students before.
Is it really relevant if a student is warned before being kicked out for not getting a mark that's considered high enough? It's still disgusting and unfair.
BabyBlueVamp said:
I think that you are being a bit narrow minded. And yes, no matter what you say, your judgement is clouded by the fact that it is an Islamic School. That is not fair!
I think it's you who's being narrow-minded. Where's the evidence that what I said was affected by the school's Islamic nature? I very clearly stated that any school doing something like this, Islamic or not, deserves censure.
BabyBlueVamp said:
Plus, who are you to judge what is Australian or not. No offence or anything. Our culture is what we make of it.
We, the Australian people, determine what is Australian or not. And the notion that kids should be kicked out of a school because they get bad marks is something that I, together with all fair-minded Aussies, reject.

I'm fed up to the back teeth with people coming to our country, and trying the change the Aussie culture we know and love, claiming it's just another part of "multiculturalism" we must accept. Perhaps some think we can import the cruel values from a foreign schooling system and plant it in Australia, but why should we put up with it. Why come here if you don't like Australian values like equality of opportunity?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

Enobarbus said:
So what if it's private? It receives taxpayers' money, so it doesn't make sense that it can do whatever the hell it likes

Is it really relevant if a student is warned before being kicked out for not getting a mark that's considered high enough? It's still disgusting and unfair.

I think it's you who's being narrow-minded. Where's the evidence that what I said was affected by the school's Islamic nature? I very clearly stated that any school doing something like this, Islamic or not, deserves censure.

We, the Australian people, determine what is Australian or not. And the notion that kids should be kicked out of a school because they get bad marks is something that I, together with all fair-minded Aussies, reject.

I'm fed up to the back teeth with people coming to our country, and trying the change the Aussie culture we know and love, claiming it's just another part of "multiculturalism" we must accept. Perhaps some think we can import the cruel values from a foreign schooling system and plant it in Australia, but why should we put up with it. Why come here if you don't like Australian values like equality of opportunity?
Whoa, are you some kind of genius in debating? You surely got this from philosophy course...jks

Anyway, I agree with Enobarbus. I think it is unfair for the students to be "kicked out" because of their declining academic results. From the moment they walked into the school, they should be treated fairly unless they commited acts that do not conform to school's rule/view. But obviously in this case, the school's view of an ideal school was wrong from the beginning.

Real Madrid

HSC

diametric said:
I'd like to tell you: Fuck you.
After the Herald's 'exposé', our Principal pulled everyone in TAFE out the next day. No students from Malek Fahd Islamic School sat HSC exams at TAFE in 2009.
Sorry for informing you of the truth the Herald likes to misinform individuals about; or, rather, not report the whole truth.
It is highly unlikely that the SMH employs a ensomble of fortune-tellers.

Anyway, that still doesn't prevent you from being a dipshit to the highest degree and your inability to swallow your own bullshit makes you a high candidate for trolling as is evident from the hate.

Die.

dolbinau

HSC

What happens at James Ruse if you had 'declining academic results'?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

dolbinau said:
Nothing. You just feel unhappy.

dp624

HSC

dolbinau said:
You get a warning. They never tell you the consequences however.
You are given a diary. At the end of eahc period your teacher must sign saying that you did work.
This method seems to work. people feel bad, so they pull up. nothing ever happens, no expels etc

HSC

having only read the past few posts..all i can say is that this thread isn't about what it has become..yet it is supposed to be about praising the top achievers in the state + the top schools.

Real Madrid

HSC

dolbinau said:
They cut themselves if they get below 99.95 because they know that their ignorant abusive racist parents will expel them from the place of residence because they are economically not viable.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

dp624 said:
You get a warning. They never tell you the consequences however.
You are given a diary. At the end of eahc period your teacher must sign saying that you did work.
This method seems to work. people feel bad, so they pull up. nothing ever happens, no expels etc
Wow, really?

I never knew that! I just thouht that James Ruse people were all independent workers who mind their own business...I guess going with the stereotype is not the way to go...

dp624

HSC

Real Madrid said:
They cut themselves if they get below 99.95 because they know that their ignorant abusive racist parents will expel them from the place of residence because they are economically not viable.
Yea, for sure. Asian parents are all like that. I got past there, so lucky =D. But i still have to make up for not topping the state. Menial labour it is, trying to scrap about $2/ph in a sweatshop man.

dp624

HSC

lyounamu said:
Wow, really?

I never knew that! I just thouht that James Ruse people were all independent workers who mind their own business...I guess going with the stereotype is not the way to go...
THere are only about 2 per year who get it so yea.

Real Madrid

HSC

dp624 said:
Yea, for sure. Asian parents are all like that. I got past there, so lucky =D. But i still have to make up for not topping the state. Menial labour it is, trying to scrap about $2/ph in a sweatshop man.
Submissive traces of racism were used.

If i exploited that obvious stereotype which is comical but rarely true, I'd get troll'd by a bunch of prepubescent hipsters (they bite).

Hornby

Banned
HSC

jules.09 said:
Sweet as.

St George Girls' High School, Kogarah: 10th!

Sydney Technical High School, Bexley: 33rd.

Über lol. :haha:
I think we'll be continuing the trend next year as well

lionking1191

HSC

BabyBlueVamp said:
North Sydney Girls?
GUYS... I will join yr 11 next year at that skool. OMG.. third. Seriously, one of my closest friend is going to join Baulko. Man 2010. We will soo show them.
Beat baulko's. Beat Baulko's.. lol
lawl good luck with that

lionking1191

HSC

diametric said:
I'd like to tell you: Fuck you.
After the Herald's 'exposé', our Principal pulled everyone in TAFE out the next day. No students from Malek Fahd Islamic School sat HSC exams at TAFE in 2009.
Sorry for informing you of the truth the Herald likes to misinform individuals about; or, rather, not report the whole truth.
wow. that shows... he cares about public opinion?

quite understandable given its private nature.

mike55

HSC

Kiim2507 said:
66 for Killara :( we've gone down
WORSE THAN CHERRYBROOK!!!! (oh well, congrat. cherrybrook)

i guess that serves the principal right for increasing unnecessary enrolment numbers, he should sooo put on a population limit

lately there has been a number of "weird" (no offence) people entering the school :vcross:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)