• YOU can help the next generation of students in the community!
    Share your trial papers and notes on our Notes & Resources page

2008 Presidential Election - Obama v McCain (1 Viewer)

Who would you vote for?

• Barrack Obama

Votes: 380 76.0%
  • John Mccain

Votes: 120 24.0%

• Total voters

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
Re: Barrack OBama or John Mccain?

Internalising externalities can be done by establishing a property right over some happening which was previously in the public domain, this would force companies to pay for their previously ‘consequence’ free pollution (Anderson, 1991)

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A

Slidey said:
Yes because the UN has proven so incredibly useful in moderating sectarian conflicts in the balkans and in Africa.

These are effectively promoting the same outcomes.

EDIT: JB_NC just read Rothbard's comment about making Torts ineffective. What the holy batshit!?

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A

jb_nc said:
Internalising externalities can be done by establishing a property right over some happening which was previously in the public domain, this would force companies to pay for their previously ‘consequence’ free pollution (Anderson, 1991)
I own these 15,000 square Kilometres of Oxygen and Atmosphere. You'd better not think of breathing.

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A

Captain Hero said:
Yes because the UN has proven so incredibly useful in moderating sectarian conflicts in the balkans and in Africa.

EDIT: JB_NC just read Rothbard's comment about making Torts ineffective. What the holy batshit!?
its for my ultra free market essay. actually did cite rothbard. lolin

do you have any more sources that combine free market and environmentalism for great justice

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Oh brilliant. We'll EDUCATE them. Gee, that sounds like the solution. If only we educated EVERYBODY, then they'd see. SURE violence is ALWAYS a product of POOR education! I'm sure if they know how to fly planes, enrich uranium, launch rockets, recite Shakespeare and solve complex suduko problems, then they'll be GRATEFUL GLOBAL CITIZENS.
THE HEAVENS WILL OPEN, CHOIRS WILL BE SINGING AND EVERYONE WILL JUST KNOW THAT WE SHOULD BE TOGETHER AND THE WORLD WILL BE PERFECT

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

Captain Hero said:

Um, NATO would do it mostly, not the UN, dude.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A

Iron said:
Oh brilliant. We'll EDUCATE them. Gee, that sounds like the solution. If only we educated EVERYBODY, then they'd see. SURE violence is ALWAYS a product of POOR education! I'm sure if they know how to fly planes, enrich uranium, launch rockets, recite Shakespeare and solve complex suduko problems, then they'll be GRATEFUL GLOBAL CITIZENS.
THE HEAVENS WILL OPEN, CHOIRS WILL BE SINGING AND EVERYONE WILL JUST KNOW THAT WE SHOULD BE TOGETHER AND THE WORLD WILL BE PERFECT
So you're from the Sam Harris school of education-schmeducation-povery-schmoverty the 9/11 hijackers were all college educated?

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A

jb_nc said:
its for my ultra free market essay. actually did cite rothbard. lolin

do you have any more sources that combine free market and environmentalism for great justice
Have you rolled www.lewrockwell.com and www.mises.org? Mises has some Rothbard stuff where he claims we have super dominion over the earth and can hunt shit to extinction for funsies and that nations will sponsor animals and fight over them in international court or some shit.

Solution to Japanese whaling fucking our tourism industry is for Australia to *buy* the whales (I assume from Poseidon) and then to sue the Japanese in like... international court (yeah, right) if they touch our whales.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Sure. Bad people can be smart too, you know.
THE HORROR

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

Iron said:
OK dude, we all know how much I hate free market extremists, but you're just being ridiculous here. Free markets work.

It's no secret that economic prosperity supplants violence and that education increases socio-economic status.

It won't solve the problem immediately (or perhaps ever while the areas around it are still backwards) - but it will cut it in half.

Clearly some military presence is required to maintain this market infrastructure. But the presence should exist to protect that market, not to fight a war or kill potential terrorists.

What do you suggest, we wipe out Iraq? Isn't the entire point of being there to improve their lives, or is it just to cap Muslims?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

Yeah! Great! Drop books, not bombs America. The pen is MIGHTIER than the SWORD. Lay down your weapons! Mob? I see no mob? I see hungry young minds! Away with guns! Away with defence! Away with the dull drudgery of containing conflict! In time, after a million or so deaths, man will see the futility of his actions

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A

Iron said:
Yeah! Great! Drop books, not bombs America. The pen is MIGHTIER than the SWORD. Lay down your weapons! Mob? I see no mob? I see hungry young minds! Away with guns! Away with defence! Away with the dull drudgery of containing conflict! In time, after a million or so deaths, they will see the futility of their actions
They're not mutually exclusive. What is needed is a sustained police action within the area to apprehend people before they commit mass-murder. Promoting education that is more than religious indoctrination can apparently ... y'know... help curb sectarian violence :O

Enteebee

Keepers of the flames
HSC

What sort of things should young iraqi's be taught so that the sectarian violence ends?

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC

I will not demean the people of Iraq by saying that they are violent and poor because they are uneducated. This is an outrage. Such claims will likely increase violence by some percentage

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A

Enteebee said:
What sort of things should young iraqi's be taught so that the sectarian violence ends?
Black ARMBAND VIEW OF HISTORY. I'm not an educator, I'm just trotting out the talking points.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC

Enteebee said:
The world's fairly peaceful already, for reasons look at leviathan, non-zero sum games and the expanding circle
I agree. I don't think the conservatives want to acknowledge that, though. Tyranny and violence still exist, but they're the exception, not the rule, and they are slowly dying out.

Iron said:
Yeah! Great! Drop books, not bombs America. The pen is MIGHTIER than the SWORD. Lay down your weapons! Mob? I see no mob? I see hungry young minds! Away with guns! Away with defence! Away with the dull drudgery of containing conflict! In time, after a million or so deaths, man will see the futility of his actions
OK dude, we all know how much I hate free market extremists, but you're just being ridiculous here. Free markets work.

It's no secret that economic prosperity supplants violence and that education increases socio-economic status.

It won't solve the problem immediately (or perhaps ever while the areas around it are still backwards) - but it will cut it in half.

Clearly some military presence is required to maintain this market infrastructure. But the presence should exist to protect that market, not to fight a war or kill potential terrorists.

What do you suggest, we wipe out Iraq? Isn't the entire point of being there to improve their lives, or is it just to cap Muslims?

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A

Iron said:
I will not demean the people of Iraq by saying that they are violent and poor because they are uneducated. This is an outrage. Such claims will likely increase violence by some percentage
What's the solution other than nuking the middle east; then? If it's such a hopeless case, withdraw the forces and take 'em all out at once.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)