2009 official "funny quirks of my day" thread (1 Viewer)

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Lol at both of you. Welcome to uni where some form of effort is required?

axlenatore

Scuba Steve
HSC
haha im fine with chemistry and maths they are all old work

but i only just realised how fucked i am for physics

blue_chameleon

Shake the sauce bottle yo
HSC
Updated Progress:

Denied:
- Shell
- Macq Bank
- ANZ
- AXA Asia Pacific
- KPMG
- ASIC
- NAB
- AMP

Stage 1: Considering Application
(Still awaiting further communication)
- CommBank
- Protiviti
- RSMi Bird Cameron
- Allianz

Stage 2: Psych Testing
- Qantas (Completed)
- QBE (Completed)

Stage 3: Telephone Interview
Origin Energy (Completed)

Stage 4: Assessment Centre (Woooo!)
- Westpac (Scheduled for May)

A bit of info:

- ANZ feedback told me there were 5000 application for Grad Positions with them. At the application stage, they had to cut 4,000 to get it down to 1,000. Basically, they told me everything else was high standard in my app, except for "social activities" response section. Meh.

- NAB/AMP/ASIC informed me that I hadn't achieved high enough marks in the Psych testing (which was apparently 80% mark to be progressed through for NAB and AMP).

- Qantas Psych Testing was totally weird this year. They had 44 questions such as the following:

A) Able to perform under pressure
B) Provide accurate work free from errors
C) Get along well with others
D) Adhere to laws and regulations

You had to choose BOTH a "Least" and a "Most" from the above sample. There were 44 of these questions, and there were definitely times I contradicted myself. The key was being truthful, but I'd be interested in knowing what they were trying to gain from using this approach.

Still waiting for CommBank and a few others to get back to me, have received confirmation of my application but nothing else yet. All the other major banks are through to their phone interviews and assessment centres though. :/

This year, Grad Positions are a sought after prize and I'd cringe at the numbers that are applying, if ANZ is anything to run off. Will update in a few weeks.

blue_chameleon

HSC
Eep! So much effort :(
Is there one you reeeeally want?
Westpac.

Otherwise, CommBank/Allianz/Origin (in that order).

At least i've got to the Assessment Centre. From here, I have a little under 30% chance of getting an offer, as they usually cut 2/3 of the total from the AC.

Last edited:

em_516

bludging..
HSC
I thought you had one Chanell?

Chris, I was just thinking, dw if you miss out on the grad positions hey. A few of my mates from uni tried to get grad positions in fed gov in Canberra. Only one got a grad job with the Dept of Environment and Climate Change. Another, who is super smart, missed out..but he applied for just a regular position and got it. Reckons it's pretty cruisy haha.

chamelia

HSC
Nah - I did have a casual job @ a printers. But on account of I hate him and he is ruining my life, not so much anymore. I am content to sit at home and draw pretty squiggles. So fun.

blue_chameleon

HSC
Chris, I was just thinking, dw if you miss out on the grad positions hey. A few of my mates from uni tried to get grad positions in fed gov in Canberra. Only one got a grad job with the Dept of Environment and Climate Change. Another, who is super smart, missed out..but he applied for just a regular position and got it. Reckons it's pretty cruisy haha.
Yeah, this is true.

Grads can always get into organisations through entry level positions, it's not as if the grad programs are the only way to enter. But then again, they spend a shit load of $$$ on you, and if you secure a position, you're given more support and development to progress up the ranks quicker.

It's basically this that you have to stress in your applications; that you could work for them at entry level, but you choose this program because you want to progress up through management and stay with the company long-term. Yada yada yada.

Play the waiting game.

*I wish I got accepted for Assessment Centre for NAB, cos then i'd get free flights and accomodation to Melbourne*

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Chanell, you're on my piece of newspaper with my name on it.
That's creepy. :eek:

I know Bianca P and Jess D.

em_516

bludging..
HSC
Aww that's coolness! I didn't get a copy. :( Too sad.

You know people I know. That's creepy cool also.
I could look into scanning it if you want? I missed it too, but it magically appeared on my desk yesterday. Pretty sure my mum was hoarding it around, showing everyone but me haha.

HSC
Woah, this shit is dead.

My quirky event - the other week this mature aged lady got up infront of the lecture hall and told us all to shut up (150 people here).

This lady bugs me something shocking. Our tutes consist of her and another lady giving opinions on everything with my lecturer occasionally interupting them with 'can we please refrain from phrasing statements as questions'

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)