• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

2009 Trial HSC Exams Discussion (1 Viewer)

r u satisfied wif ur results

• yes im pleased

Votes: 16 11.7%
  • im disappointed

Votes: 62 45.3%
  • alright, but could've done beta

Votes: 50 36.5%
  • i don't care

Votes: 9 6.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I did the CSSA 4u paper.
Only got the first bit of the circle geometry, guessed the sequence Harder 3U question. Overall not a fail, but I'm not expecting anything too great, which was kind of expected since our Maths Coordinator co-wrote it and from all the exams I've sat which he's wrote - they're about the same - not uber fail, but quite challenging.

Did the independent 4unit. Extremely hard.
Hey don't you go to Blacktown Pats? Shouldn't you be doing the CSSA paper? Or is your school pissed that the Arnold's don't write it anymore :p

Dumbledore

HSC
the conics poly's and volumes in the CSSA was sooo easy then every harder 3u question was like death
integration and complex and graphs was ok

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
the conics poly's and volumes in the CSSA was sooo easy then every harder 3u question was like death
integration and complex and graphs was ok
Agreed.

I loved the DeMoivre's question and the Rectangular Hyperbola.
They came out so nicely. The last question of integration got me thinking, I didn't think they worded it well at all.
Didn't like the Curve Sketching though.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
Hey don't you go to Blacktown Pats? Shouldn't you be doing the CSSA paper? Or is your school pissed that the Arnold's don't write it anymore :p
I thought Arnold wrote the CSSA? I think it was a conflict of interest if Arnold did write CSSA and we did it. If she didn't I have no idea.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I thought Arnold wrote the CSSA? I think it was a conflict of interest if Arnold did write CSSA and we did it. If she didn't I have no idea.
Haha nah. The Arnolds stopped writing it last year.
I don't think it would be a conflict of interest though. Like my Maths Coordinator co-writes it now, but maybe that's because he doesn't teach 4U this year

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Fair paper. I didn't finish every question though, I had 2 parts unfinished. I reckon I should get around 100+ for the paper.

kwabon

Banned
HSC
Fair paper. I didn't finish every question though, I had 2 parts unfinished. I reckon I should get around 100+ for the paper.
u friggin beast,
i think i have got everything, other than harder 3 friggin unit, which was around 40 odd marks.

i think i will just sit in the corner and cry. :(

who wants to join me?

shady145

Banned
HSC
nice work!!! i hope i got > 70/120 lol. did anyone else do the western region paper?

mortal_anemone

HSC
Ugh, my English mark will be terrible.

Does anyone know if you have to pass English in order to actually get your "HSC"? English is my absolute worst subject. D:

Dumbledore

HSC
Ugh, my English mark will be terrible.

Does anyone know if you have to pass English in order to actually get your "HSC"? English is my absolute worst subject. D:
yes u need to pass english to get a HSC, however, it is immposible to fail english unless u make a non serious attempt, if u attempt the questions and just write a few lines for all the essays, you will get at least 50

mortal_anemone

HSC
yes u need to pass english to get a HSC, however, it is immposible to fail english unless u make a non serious attempt, if u attempt the questions and just write a few lines for all the essays, you will get at least 50
Oh phew! Thanks for the info! Do you have an webpage etc. with that information / more on it?

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
u friggin beast,
i think i have got everything, other than harder 3 friggin unit, which was around 40 odd marks.

i think i will just sit in the corner and cry. :(

who wants to join me?
I'll join you... i'll be happy with 70% XD

kwabon

Banned
HSC
physical time!!!

module 1 - prepared
module 2 - prepared
module 3 - winging
module 4 - winging
pracs - winging

ahhhh, just like chemistry. :bomb:

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Quick, someone give me a topic to go over that isn't quanta so i can stop procrastinating!

raniaaa

:)
HSC
physical time!!!

module 1 - prepared
module 2 - prepared
module 3 - winging
module 4 - winging
pracs - winging

ahhhh, just like chemistry. :bomb:

+1 except the option i'm prepared for

shady145

Banned
HSC
Quick, someone give me a topic to go over that isn't quanta so i can stop procrastinating!
hehe too late, how did it go? mx1 was weak... 2u was way harder than it... anyone doing the 3u math western region paper, don't stress becasue it is weak!!! question seven should be back at question 4.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)