Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Can't believe the election is so soon! I didn't think it'd be until at least September. As long as Tony Abbott doesn't get power....I will be somewhat happy. Vote for the third parties people!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
The UN's assessment of Gillard's and Abbott's refugee policies: not good.

UN queries Aust asylum seeker policy

Seriously, what the fuck has this country come to when the two supposedly mainstream parties think treating people in dire need like shit is a vote winner?

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Fuck, I really do absolutely despise the Labour and Liberal parties.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
The Greens caucus is against it. Look up Ludlam's senate stuff. He tears Conroy apart and it's comedy gold.

Abbott supports the filter. The Coalition as a whole doesn't seem to, however.
Isn't that kind of the point? You don't vote for a leader, who in the Coalition is especially answerable to the party room, unlike Rudd/Spillard.

The Coalition is against it, therefore it will not be Coalition policy, regardless of the druthers of its leader. Even bloody Cory Bernardi is against the filter.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
badquinton304, danz90, Existential, Gold Lion, hammond, jazzzod, jkdsfsio3458963, kaz1, Kelly47, LoveHateSchool, mamoz, miithun, nae_13, oh_maddie, onur91, Oobadoo, spiny norman, Tangent, William kamel, Yomo

people that hate australia

Elliot220

HSC
badquinton304, danz90, Existential, Gold Lion, hammond, jazzzod, jkdsfsio3458963, kaz1, Kelly47, LoveHateSchool, mamoz, miithun, nae_13, oh_maddie, onur91, Oobadoo, spiny norman, Tangent, William kamel, Yomo

This made me rofl for some reason.
Nice work.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

That actually sounds pretty accurate based off their postings except badquinton isn't that bad

Lentern

HSC

Surely you hate Australia given your opposition to national states and political boundaries etc.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Surely you hate Australia given your opposition to national states and political boundaries etc.
Sure I hate Australia, but not enough to want to inflict another 4 years of Labor clusterfuck on it.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
all parties have unsatifactory policies this time around tbh.

The opposition's stance on asylum seekers is quite frankly disgusting, but labor are only slightly better.

I like the intentions of labor with the mining tax and the education revolution, but am concerned on how they've practically been implemented so far. Admittedly, their dental plan was very nice and the fact that they'll get us into surplus in a couple of years and with their economic planning had us as the only developed country not in recession is encouraging to see.

The coalition have really lacked initiative policy-wise this time around. i have yet to see them actually announce a policy that is not simply a knee-jerk reaction to something labor has announced. Also, I am dissatisfied with Abbott's leadership, he is far too polarising to be prime minister nad in my eyes, misses the mark on many occasions. And those budgie smugglers..............*shudder*

Kelly47

HSC
I don't hate Australia.
I just really don't like Abbot, and while Gillard isn't great, I don't think she's as bad.
And yeah, we're voting for the party, not the leader. If Abbot wasn't the leader I probably would vote for the liberals. I'm not really that into politics anyway to be honest. :/

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
Internet

FILTER

internet FILTER

Labor and the Liberals have the same Asylum seekers policy

BER is a fucking scam.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Internet

FILTER

internet FILTER

Labor and the Liberals have the same Asylum seekers policy

BER is a fucking scam.
a) internet filter is unlikely to actually be imposed anyway

b) their asylum seeker policies, although perhaps at most slightly similar have several vital differences. For one, Labor have not confirmed where their processing centre is, but unlike the liberals are considering nations that have actually agreed to the UN convention on refugees

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
internet filter is way more important than fags

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
internet filter is way more important than fags
where do you get the idea that abbott and the libs will not be implementing the filter?

this sort of pandering to the religious right of the Australian Christian Lobby is *exactly* what you’ll be getting from the Liberal party if they are elected. abbott has had plenty of chances to outwardly oppose the filter – I take this silence as tacit consent to the whole notion.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)