• Liberal / National

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

abbeyroad

HSC
N/A
fuck they should just rename the liberal party to the conservative party of australia they're fucking anything but liberal

hughie6

HSC
fuck they should just rename the liberal party to the conservative party of australia they're fucking anything but liberal

I agree, why are they still called liberals when they are more conservative then labour.

And for the record I hope Labour gets in because Abbot has no interest in the economy and that is probably not a good thing given the current global economic conditions.

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
where do you get the idea that abbott and the libs will not be implementing the filter?

this sort of pandering to the religious right of the Australian Christian Lobby is *exactly* what you’ll be getting from the Liberal party if they are elected. abbott has had plenty of chances to outwardly oppose the filter – I take this silence as tacit consent to the whole notion.
Heaps of people in the Liberal party are against the filter

No one in the Labor party has come out against it.

Your move!

bio_nut

HSC
internet filter vs abbott's policies' religious fundamentalism, lack of gay rights, misogyny, lack of abortion?
Yes, because the Labor party is so legalising same sex marriage any time soon!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Heaps of people in the Liberal party are against the filter

No one in the Labor party has come out against it.

Your move!
My first easily accessible counter-example would be Kate Lundy.

She's clearly against the filter and she's part of the Labour Party. I imagine had the filter been proposed by the opposition instead a lot of Labour members would find it as easy as Liberal members to criticise it.

The Liberals do have a saving grace: they had the opportunity to implement a compulsory filter while in government and actively decided not to. Actions speak louder than words.

chicky_pie

POTATO HEAD ROXON
HSC
For all those religion haters like myself and want secularism in this country, apart from Liberal or Labor party, lets vote for this party:
and they're also against INTERNET FILTER (CENSORSHIP) DONT LET AUSTRALIA BECOME LIKE TURKEY! (A democratic country that introduced internet filtering now has blocked Google and Youtube from its people!)

Policy details of the Secular Party

Highlight of their policies!

Religion in schools
It is the policy of the Secular Party that Religious Instruction in schools be replaced with studies of comparative religion and ethics. It is also the policy of the Secular Party that the National School Chaplaincy Program be replaced with a program supporting qualified counsellors in schools.

Tax exemptions for religion
Religious institutions receive significant advantages in terms of tax exemptions and benefits. At the same time these institutions are largely unaccountable for their receipt and distribution of funds. The policy of the Secular Party is to end these religious tax exemptions and subsidies. This will benefit the average taxpayer and a level playing field will be provided for all charities.

The Secular Party supports the setting up of a Charities Commission to supervise the appropriate administration of not-for-profit organisations. The Secular Party supports the proposal that a public benefit test be applied as a qualification for the granting of tax exemptions for religious organisations. The Secular Party proposes that the "advancement of religion" is not of itself sufficient to warrant exemptions under the definition of charitable purpose or public benefit.

Food labelling for religious purposes
Some religious groups would like to see the introduction of religious food certification as part of food labelling standards. It is not the role of the state to authorise standards that are based on arbitrary religious doctrines and which have no relation to public health. The Secular Party is opposed to the introduction of any such standards.

Marriage
The Secular Party believes in equality and that the stipulation that marriage must be between a man and a woman discriminates against same-sex couples. The Secular Party also believes that civil marriages and the celebrants who perform them should have equal status with religious marriages and celebrants. It is therefore the policy of the Secular Party that all those authorised to solemnise marriages do so with reference to the fact that "marriage is a voluntary union entered into for life by two people to the exclusion of all others". It is also our policy that civil celebrants should have a status equal to ministers of religion in relation to witnessing statutory declarations, and in relation to GST exemption.

Religious attire
The Secular Party believes that ideally, expression of religious belief should be a private matter for adults. However we endorse the right of adult individuals to wear clothing of their choice.

The Secular Party supports a ban on identity hiding-garments or other items, including burqas and motorcycle helmets, in public places where there are legitimate security and/or safety concerns, or where personal identification is required. The Secular Party supports the right of relevant officials to request that such items be removed.

The Secular Party believes that the religious indoctrination of children in schools violates the rights of the child. The requirement, whether by parents or schools, that children wear religious attire, is a form of indoctrination. The Secular Party therefore opposes this practice. It is the policy of the Secular Party that all forms of religious attire be prohibited in all schools.

:headbang:

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
Interesting trends in NCAP. In the past it was an ALP forum by a considerable margin.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad
badquinton304, danz90, Existential, Gold Lion, hammond, jazzzod, jkdsfsio3458963, kaz1, Kelly47, LoveHateSchool, mamoz, miithun, nae_13, oh_maddie, onur91, Oobadoo, spiny norman, Tangent, William kamel, Yomo

people that hate australia
Ya whites stole Australia from our mob 200 years ago. Da whites from da Labor clan said sorry to us. Da baldy from youse libs hated us!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Interesting trends in NCAP. In the past it was an ALP forum by a considerable margin.
It's not as if it has suddenly become a forum of Coalition supports though. They get no more support on these forums than the ALP, and with good reason - they're both shit.

loquasagacious

NCAP Mooderator
HSC
It's not as if it has suddenly become a forum of Coalition supports though. They get no more support on these forums than the ALP, and with good reason - they're both shit.
2PP basis they do. Even if as the 'less shit' option.

And in the past it was never a party-line forum, in a similar way to now it was a 'best of the available choices'.

Rafy

Retired
HSC
Uni Grad
Labor will win. This election was over before it started.

Expecting a largely status quo result. Some Lib gains in QLD, but mostly offset by loses elsewhere.

Lentern

HSC
2PP basis they do. Even if as the 'less shit' option.

And in the past it was never a party-line forum, in a similar way to now it was a 'best of the available choices'.
It's evening more interesting, I think, given how so many people used to be contemptuous of Rudd and sympathised with Turnbull. I assume you were refering to a longer period than Abbotts leadership but for my money 2pp on this place has largely followed the trends of Nielsen since Abbott took over.

Elliot220

HSC
fundamentalism, lack of gay rights, misogyny, lack of abortion?
Yeah, each of these are Abbott policies.

Oh, wait, no. You've been fed crap by the media.

Neither party plans to implement gay marriage and I have no idea where the idea that Abbott is a religious fundamentalist who hates women and wants to ban abortion came from. I mean, other than childish anti-Catholic hysteria.

Also: the Liberal Party refers to Classical Liberalism, which is pretty close to modern day Conservatism and Libertarianism. Not Modern Liberalism, represented by the American Democrats.

Last edited:

SeCKSiiMiNh

i'm a fireball in bed
HSC
Yeah, each of these are Abbott policies.

Oh, wait, no. You've been fed crap by the media.

Neither party plans to implement gay marriage and I have no idea where the idea that Abbott is a religious fundamentalist who hates women and wants to ban abortion came from. I mean, other than childish anti-Catholic hysteria.

Also: the Liberal Party refers to Classical Liberalism, which is pretty close to modern day Conservatism and Libertarianism. Not Modern Liberalism, represented by the American Democrats.

Abbott excites anti-abortion group
Mr Abbott, a conservative Catholic, has said on the record he believes abortion is a stain on Australia's national character and should be reduced.
Right to Life Australia president Veronica Andrews said she hoped Mr Abbott would use his position to speak out against abortion and voluntary euthanasia in parliament.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)