2010 Federal Election: 2PP Voting Intention

• Liberal / National

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Labor

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Elliot220

HSC
Mr Abbott, a conservative Catholic, has said on the record he believes abortion is a stain on Australia's national character and should be reduced.
Well a high abortion rate is a bad thing. Even pro-choice activists would agree that less unwanted pregnancies would be better than more abortion.
Wanting less abortion does not mean wanting to ban abortion. There are ways to reduce abortions which include an attitude shift, education, etc.

Last edited:

Lentern

HSC
Well a high abortion rate is a bad thing. Even pro-choice activists would agree that less unwanted pregnancies would be better than more abortion.
Wanting less abortion does not mean wanting to ban abortion. There are ways to reduce abortions which include an attitude shift, education, etc.
Stupid, stupid man!

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
Well a high abortion rate is a bad thing.
But to Abbott a low abortion rate is also a bad thing. He does not accept that abortions have their place in modern medicine and women's rights.

Elliot220

HSC
Last I heard he spouted that Clintonian line: safe, legal and rare.

Even though he doesn't condone such a large number of abortions; he couldn't possibly have it banned if he tried, it's basically a non-issue here.

incentivation

Hmmmmm....
HSC
N/A
Labor will win. This election was over before it started.

Expecting a largely status quo result. Some Lib gains in QLD, but mostly offset by loses elsewhere.
Indeed.

Malcolm will get his second chance. He is the truth, the light, the way. The moderate uprising will take the party forward with hope and vigor!

Or not.

Last edited:

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
The Reserve Bank has completely undercut Abbott's debt argument, pointing out that Australian public debt is at historically low levels.

The RBA also point out that they are not afraid to raise interest rates during an election campaign, however, which no doubt the Coalition will latch onto and try to spin. Even though interest rates are, like debt, at historically low levels - unsustainable levels.

Reserve Bank undercuts Abbott's campaign on debt

Last edited:

Rothbard

HSC
N/A
You cant spend your way out of debt. Debt is unsustainable. Australians understand that.

Lentern

HSC
You cant spend your way out of debt. Debt is unsustainable. Australians understand that.
No they don't because its not true. What was Rudd's approval rating in the wake of the $900 handouts? 72% or something? I think I've had this discussion with you before already, its about the jobs stupid! If the jobs fall so does confidence and so does government revenue, debt rises and we get stuck in a terrible negative spiral.

Going into temporary deficit will keep the jobs up, it will keep the people working those jobs productive and once consumer confidence really begins to rally and the stimulus can be gradually wound back the debt will be repaid and it will be repaid faster than it would under a revenue collapse.

Slidey

But pieces of what?
HSC
What part of Australia's current economic system is unsustainable?

I am willing to hear your argument, because I'm no great fan of public debt, but I see no evil in modest, manageable levels of it (as in Australia) compared to monstrous levels of it (as in America and Britain).

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
tony abbott gonna pay you to send your children to private schools

who comes up with this shit

muhahahahahaha

HSC
Why would Tony Abbott want to pay for children to go to private schools when his initial idea was to "spend less".
When the Labor Government said that they wanted to build school halls and other buildings for the schools in Australia, Tony replied, why would the schools need school halls?
IMO, he is a shit head, he is more of an olympian/ironman macho man guy rather than a serious politician.
There's this article about 'Hard Working Australians' where Abbott interviews a shopkeeper Federal Election 2010 Gillard Abbott The Pulse
LOL!

senorita2

Banned
HSC
i want to vote for the lesser evil but they are both awful so now i dont know what to do
political guidance, anyone?

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
tony abbott gonna pay you to send your children to private schools

who comes up with this shit
Unlike the childless, out of touch Julia Gillard, Tony Abbot can truly appreciate the difficulty working families have in sending three hot daughters to private school.

nevery

HSC
all parties have unsatifactory policies this time around tbh.

The opposition's stance on asylum seekers is quite frankly disgusting, but labor are only slightly better.

I like the intentions of labor with the mining tax and the education revolution, but am concerned on how they've practically been implemented so far. Admittedly, their dental plan was very nice and the fact that they'll get us into surplus in a couple of years and with their economic planning had us as the only developed country not in recession is encouraging to see.

The coalition have really lacked initiative policy-wise this time around. I have yet to see them actually announce a policy that is not simply a knee-jerk reaction to something labor has announced. Also, i am dissatisfied with abbott's leadership, he is far too polarising to be prime minister nad in my eyes, misses the mark on many occasions. And those budgie smugglers..............*shudder*
+1

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)