2010 Philosophy Distinction course (2 Viewers)

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A

PwnerKebab

HSC
I would do it, but i fear my entry form may be SO good that they take me straight to 4th year uni. Unfortunately i actually want to sit the HSC so im going to stay relatively quiet and away from the uni chancellors until after i get 99.95.

elmoateme

HSC
Pwner Kebab is devastated there is no cosmology for him. =( Hopefully this won't be the last year for philosophy. Hope not many people drop

PwnerKebab

HSC
Not so much devastated as intrigued as to what could have potentially caused the shocking decision to drop 'the subject of all subjects'.

Currently, I fear it may have been the poor economic conditions in the 1st stage of Wales and unfortunately receding Richard Dawkins' book sales in the 2nd and even 3rd stages of Wales support my claim.

However, using my gargantuan intellect, i have managed to calculate the rate at which the economy ($) in the first stage of wales is receding over time (t).

If we, for instance, let the total population of the first stage of Wales be 'x', then the total wealth of the nation is given to be $x. If we incorporate time into the value we get W = $xt, where W is the total wealth of the nation.

Now, $ = W/xt
$ = [Wt^-1]/x
d$/dt = -W/xt^2

Since we cannot have negative people (x) and given that Bill Gates resides in a coastal first stage of Wales town, the total wealth (W) cannot be negative. Ergo, the rate that the economy is booming is negative. WHICH MEANS MONEY LOSSED.

Given that there are no banks, brokers, building societies or creditors in the nation, we can assume that the rate of decrease in $ is directly due to people in the first stage of Wales losing change though holes in their pockets.

SUPPORT THE FIRST STAGE OF WALES!
LETS ALL WORK TOGETHER TO GET d$/dt POSITIVE ONCE MORE!!
HELP FUND THOSE IN THE FIRST STAGE OF WALES TO GET NEW PANTS!!!
TOGETHER WE WILL BRING COSMOLOGY BACK FOR 2011!!!!

Pwner Kebab.

Last edited:

elmoateme

HSC
The more you go on abou Wales the more confused I get Koray. I don't think i'll ever understand what you were talking about. Basically, cosmology got kicked because the Board of Studies is really poor and more people finished philosophy and its more popular. p.s. @ Pwner Kebab: remember you gargantuan intellect is useless since your life got ruined because you came 9th in 3u maths.

PwnerKebab

HSC
Indeed, however i cannot stress more that i am on the rise. For years my ability has been hidden beneath a cloud of potential. Allow me to elaborate.

If we let my ability be A, through a series of vigourous mathematical processes (which i wont go into here, for more information read my self published biography entitled "The Definite Integral: Life Without A Constant") we can deduce that:

dA/dt = 0
d2A/dt^2 < 0

FOR MAXIMUM ABILITY BIYATCH, YOURE GOING DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PwnerKebab

HSC
I troth chortle, pity and loathe at your ignorance to my demonstrated mastery at mathematical principles. However, i do have a genuine query with your statement.

In physics, we do not use the term, nothing. A region of space is called a vacuum if it does not contain any matter. Even without matter, vacuums can still contain variety of physical fields. As far as my knowledge extends, it is impossible to construct a region of space that contains no matter or fields. Can gravity be destroyed?

I have just done a quick google search, and found the following:

"However, even if such a region [a region of space that contains no matter or fields] existed, it could still not be referred to as 'nothing' since it has properties and a measurable existence as part of the quantum-mechanical vacuum."
Because of this, by stating that i have proven 'nothing', you have elevated me to a prophetic class. You are saying that I have done the impossible, confirming my status as a mathematical and physical genius.

However, i do have great humility, and realise your naivety of what you were really saying. I therefore acknowledge that even my skills are not yet sufficient enough to achieve such an enormous feat.

These reasons essentially prove that i cannot have proven nothing.

Last edited:

Base64

HSC
So I read the information booklet. Just a few questions:

1. It seems to say that the most important thing is a good performance in the HSC exam. It doesn't even mention your overall HSC mark. But on the form, under "OBOS Use Only", it requires your moderated assessment mark as well as your overall mark.
So how important are your school marks?

2. Apparently you need to do well in all your other subjects as well. I know I did well in my half yearly, but I'm quite badly screwing up my yearlies. Is that gonna hurt?

3. Cosmology got cut. Does that mean that there will be fewer places altogether?

Thanks heaps in advance.

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
I wish I could do philosophy :( At my school they only let english accelerants do it.

Why did I decelerate?! D: Fool, fool.

Apparently comparative literature is not running either?

PwnerKebab

HSC
They dropped Comparative Literature eons ago my uneducated friend. Many have put the Board's decision down to simple lack of interest by students, some have even gone as far as saying the decision spontaneously dawned on them at the realization that the subject was in fact, complete balls.

However, I, unlike any of my predecessors, have mathematically developed a new insight as to why Comparative Literature saw the door. (Rhyme intentional. I am, perhaps, that good.) A particular colleague of mine, who's name will remain undisclosed due to his ethnicity, alerted me that the Chairman of the Board Of Studies is in fact rather socially awkward. Upon further analysis i found this to indeed be the case. You may ask how i managed to prove such bold claim, well ask you may. I have discovered a truly marvelous proof, of which this margin is unfortunately too narrow to contain.

Now, we denote the Chairman of the Board Of Studies with "i". We also have observed that the Chairman, i (not i, as in myself, but in fact, as previously denoted, "i"), usually tries to talk to only about 0 to 2 people at one time, usually with a very half hearted attitude. As a result of this, he always ends up alone.

If we hence set up an equation depicting the Chairman, "i", trying to integrate with 0 to 2 people with a half hearted attitude, always resulting in him having zero companionship, we can attempt to deduce a solution 'x' to the problem.
i ∫ 1/2 dx. = 0

i [x/2] = 0

i [1 - 0] = 0
i = 0
but i = √-1

∴ i ≠ 0
∴ The Chairman's problem has NO SOLUTION.

IT IS THE CHAIRMAN THAT IS CAUSING THESE SUBJECTS TO BE DROPPED.
HE IS CAUSING THE POOR ECONOMY IN THE FIRST STAGE OF WALES.
SOMETHING MUST BE DONE TO GET d$/dt POSITIVE BEFORE ITS TOO LATE.
HE WON’T STOP UNTIL THERE IS NO MORE SUBJECTS!!
BRING BACK COSMOLOGY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
K

khorne

...9th in maths...what an idiot. That means 8 simpletons, who no doubt come from intellectually malnourished backgrounds are proving that you suck at maths...

I'm a better troll than you'll ever be.

Blaz-357

HSC
they dropped comparative literature eons ago my uneducated friend. Many have put the board's decision down to simple lack of interest by students, some have even gone as far as saying the decision spontaneously dawned on them at the realization that the subject was in fact, complete balls.

However, i, unlike any of my predecessors, have mathematically developed a new insight as to why comparative literature saw the door. (rhyme intentional. I am, perhaps, that good.) a particular colleague of mine, who's name will remain undisclosed due to his ethnicity, alerted me that the chairman of the board of studies is in fact rather socially awkward. Upon further analysis i found this to indeed be the case. You may ask how i managed to prove such bold claim, well ask you may. I have discovered a truly marvelous proof, of which this margin is unfortunately too narrow to contain.

Now, we denote the chairman of the board of studies with "i". We also have observed that the chairman, i (not i, as in myself, but in fact, as previously denoted, "i"), usually tries to talk to only about 0 to 2 people at one time, usually with a very half hearted attitude. As a result of this, he always ends up alone.

If we hence set up an equation depicting the chairman, "i", trying to integrate with 0 to 2 people with a half hearted attitude, always resulting in him having zero companionship, we can attempt to deduce a solution 'x' to the problem.
i ∫ 1/2 dx. = 0

i [x/2] = 0

i [1 - 0] = 0
i = 0
but i = √-1

∴ i ≠ 0
∴ the chairman's problem has no solution.

It is the chairman that is causing these subjects to be dropped.
He is causing the poor economy in the first stage of wales.
Something must be done to get d$/dt positive before its too late.
He won’t stop until there is no more subjects!!
Bring back cosmology!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
i totally agree with you!

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
So I read the information booklet. Just a few questions:

1. It seems to say that the most important thing is a good performance in the HSC exam. It doesn't even mention your overall HSC mark. But on the form, under "OBOS Use Only", it requires your moderated assessment mark as well as your overall mark.
So how important are your school marks?

2. Apparently you need to do well in all your other subjects as well. I know I did well in my half yearly, but I'm quite badly screwing up my yearlies. Is that gonna hurt?

3. Cosmology got cut. Does that mean that there will be fewer places altogether?

Thanks heaps in advance.
1. They never specified how important your school marks. But I would reckon HSC result is more important.

2. As long as your HSC performance is great, no.

3. They will tell you about this. But I reckon the number limit of philo should stay i.e. 50ish people

PwnerKebab

HSC
...9th in maths...what an idiot. That means 8 simpletons, who no doubt come from intellectually malnourished backgrounds are proving that you suck at maths...

I'm a better troll than you'll ever be.
Cool story, bro.

paperchild1

HSC
1. They never specified how important your school marks. But I would reckon HSC result is more important.

2. As long as your HSC performance is great, no.

3. They will tell you about this. But I reckon the number limit of philo should stay i.e. 50ish people

So only '50ish' people get in? NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!:chainsaw:

what do they classify as a 'great' HSC performance?? Like 100% ? Or just a band 6?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)