2012 Semester 2 UNSW Chatter Thread (1 Viewer)

Riachain

HSC
Uni Grad
it's like 1/4 of a mark off isn't it

why are you all complaining so much
We still lose marks.

Why are they punishing us for giving a wrong answer? At least we're attempting the question.

I don't see the point in negative marking. Scaling, maybe. Negative marking, nope.

...at least, not for any Commerce subject. I can definitely see the need for negative marking in areas where not knowing everything = killing someone or doing something as seriously terrible as that. Like Medicine.

Last edited:

halapenyo

HSC
guys whats the process again if you get just below 50?

is it they look at your attendance to tutorials before giving you a PC or a F?

HSC
Uni Grad
guys whats the process again if you get just below 50?

is it they look at your attendance to tutorials before giving you a PC or a F?
They look at attendance to tutorials. You'll need at least 80% tutorial attendance. Then you have to have a WAM of at least 55 in order to get a PC with a mark of 46.

As for me, it'll be 80% likely that i will be dropping actuarial, not even going to do a finance major. :/

halapenyo

HSC
They look at attendance to tutorials. You'll need at least 80% tutorial attendance. Then you have to have a WAM of at least 55 in order to get a PC with a mark of 46.

As for me, it'll be 80% likely that i will be dropping actuarial, not even going to do a finance major. :/
is that an overall wam of 55 or just for this semester?

wantingtoknow

HSC
N/A
lol seriously..

my friend did that and now she's gone to get special consideration. I'm going to be annoyed if her application actually gets accepted

halapenyo

HSC
guys when do we get the results from this sem's exams?

HSC
Uni Grad
i wonder how the ppl doing accounting 1B went today. Apparently it was hard as shit.

Anyway as for me, got some ACTL revision done yay (Y). soon itll be time to do past papers :)

halapenyo

HSC
i wonder how the ppl doing accounting 1B went today. Apparently it was hard as shit.

Anyway as for me, got some ACTL revision done yay (Y). soon itll be time to do past papers :)
well it would have had to be hard because tutorial component was just online quizzes and CP. so everyone would have been pretty high up already.

SCAN0206

HSC

According to who? It was a fair test.
Didn't have time to finish it but in no way was it hard.

bladeys

HSC
N/A
According to who? It was a fair test.
Didn't have time to finish it but in no way was it hard.
Unless you showed up like 30 minutes late I dont understand how you could think the test wasnt hard and not have time to finish..

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)