• Liberal / National Coalition

Votes: 101 50.0%
  • Australian Labor Party

Votes: 101 50.0%

• Total voters

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Craig Thompson is an utter disgrace although that isn'tt really labors fault so much.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
The Gillard government and the Australian Labor Party is the party of stability. The Liberals have changed leaders three times over the past six years while the Labor party have only changed leaders once. If you can't run your party then there is no hope that you can run the country. Tony Abbott stands for higher taxes as is manifested by his increase in the company tax rate to fund his paid parental leave scheme. Tony Abbott is a major risk to the Australian economy and opposed the fiscal stimulus that kept Australia out of recession. The ALP is the party of strong economic management. We are now facing the most challenging economic circumstances since the Great Depression. We have low interest rates, low inflation, low unemployment, solid economic growth and strong public finances. When you're on to a good thing you should stick with it. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

Last edited:

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
The Gillard government and the Australian Labor Party is the party of stability. The Liberals have changed leaders three times over the past six years while the Labor party have only changed leaders once. If you can't run your party then there is no hope that you can run the country. Tony Abbott stands for higher taxes as is manifested by his increase in the company tax rate to fund his paid parental leave scheme. Tony Abbott is a major risk to the Australian economy and opposed the fiscal stimulus that kept Australia out of recession. The ALP is the party of strong economic management. We are now facing the most challenging economic circumstances since the Great Depression. We have low interest rates, low inflation, low unemployment, solid economic growth and strong public finances. When you're on to a good thing you should stick with it. If it ain't broke don't fix it.
i thought you got banned...

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
Gillard cynically used gender for her own political advantage and it blew up in her face. It's satisfying such divisive politics have been so thoroughly rejected.

Great work McTernan.
Female vote increased...

"Feminism" should be officially renamed "mansogynism".

JohnMaximus

shepherd of the people
HSC
it's called misandry you idiot
I.. Know.. Mansogynism isn't a word. It was like... Misogyny starts with "mis" which is like "miss" and I replaced it with "man" so...

Thanks though, I'm sure you were only trying to help.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
I was thinking the same thing Rafy. Gillard is so incompetent she never should have been supported by her party in the first place. I'd even go as far as to say she is more incompetent as a leader than Mark Latham was.
Gillard is not more incompetent that Mark Latham. Julia Gillard won a federal election in 2010 with a majority of the two party preferred vote and the majority of seats with the help of Labor Independents. Gillard convinced the ultra conservative former Liberal Peter Slipper to become a Labor Independent and support the Gillard government regarding supply, confidence and key legislation. Gillard appeals more to conservative voters than Mark Latham could ever dream of attracting. Gillard was a very effective Education and Workplace Relations Minister and helped repeal Work Choices and started an education revolution. Moreover, Gillard is not incompetent. She has Bachelor of Arts and Bachelor of Laws from Melbourne University (Australia's number one law school as ranked in 2013). Working with Kevin Rudd, Julia Gillard helped dispatch Australia's second longest serving Prime Minister.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
I believe that the Liberals will take the axe to welfare as is manifested by Mr Hockey's statement that "the Liberals will end the age of entitlement". Mr Hockey is cruel, inhumane and a cancer on welfare liberalism. The Liberals are the party of the far right extremists such as Cory Bernardi and Scott Morrison. I will not be voting for the Liberal party when they continue to show utter contempt for the most vulnerable members of society.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
Sathius are you being paid or are you a volunteer? You know it goes against electoral rules by not prefacing with the authorisation note right?

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
I believe that the Liberals will take the axe to welfare as is manifested by Mr Hockey's statement that "the Liberals will end the age of entitlement". Mr Hockey is cruel, inhumane and a cancer on welfare liberalism. The Liberals are the party of the far right extremists such as Cory Bernardi and Scott Morrison. I will not be voting for the Liberal party when they continue to show utter contempt for the most vulnerable members of society.
I think you already established that well before this post. Its a shame people like you can vote

oldmacs

HSC
I probably wouldn't vote for either but would much have a Labor party government over a Abbott led Liberal party anyway. (I don't want to argue it, this is just my view point :) )

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
Tony Abbott wants to turn boats around and tow them back to Indonesia. However, there is no agreement that Indonesia will accept the asylum seekers. Turning boats around is cruel, inhumane and a cancer on international solidarity/ mateship. We must never turn our backs on the most vulnerable members of our global society. We must show compassion to refugees and asylum seekers. Refugees have a lot to give to Australia. Just so you know I (Sathius005) came to Australia as a refugee fleeing persecution in Sri Lanka. I am now doing Bachelor of Business (Business Law and Human Resource Management) at the University of Technology, Sydney. One day I might become the Prime Minister of Australia.
Refugees are very motivated and hardworking people.

Emily Howard

HSC
Tony Abbott wants to turn boats around and tow them back to Indonesia. However, there is no agreement that Indonesia will accept the asylum seekers. Turning boats around is cruel, inhumane and a cancer on international solidarity/ mateship. We must never turn our backs on the most vulnerable members of our global society. We must show compassion to refugees and asylum seekers. Refugees have a lot to give to Australia. Just so you know I (Sathius005) came to Australia as a refugee fleeing persecution in Sri Lanka. I am now doing Bachelor of Business (Business Law and Human Resource Management) at the University of Technology, Sydney. One day I might become the Prime Minister of Australia.
lol

m8 if you can afford to pay to get on a boat, u r hardly the most deservin, n those seekin political asylum r bein selective n picky in where they go

we shld hav a policy lyk america

glorious america

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
You don't turn the boats around you just stop them from entering or proceeding further.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
I never got on a boat. I waited in refugee camps in North Sri Lanka. But the interesting thing to remember is that 90 per cent of boat people are genuine refugees according to the latest figures in 2013 from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.

Sathius005

HSC
Uni Grad
The failed Abbott experiment with his massive cutbacks to the public service, health, education, welfare and defence. Who do you trust? Not Tony Abbott that's for sure. Tony Abbott likes to take a baseball bat to families but never gives himself a smack across his chops, for his incompetent policies

Emily Howard

HSC
I never got on a boat. I waited in refugee camps in North Sri Lanka. But the interesting thing to remember is that 90 per cent of boat people are genuine refugees according to the latest figures in 2013 from the Department of Immigration and Citizenship.
m8 genuine refugees? m8 entire countries qualify as "genuine refugees"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)