2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
On here, in the archives for 2014 and 2013 so on HSC discussion. There are ATAR result threads.
Yeah I was looking through the 2014 section but couldn't find the ATAR results thread.

Ekman

HSC
Lol I just realised how much of a lurker porcupinetree is. He is always online but never posting

BlueGas

HSC
N/A
Damn this post is stressing me out.

Can someone please tell me why I received an ATAR of 48 when my marks are :
English S:76
Maths G2:55
Biology:71
Arabic:73
Pd/h/pe: 72

When I called UAC the only thing they came up with is Laura and freakin Fred.
I know the average ATAR is 68. And my ranks for school (which I know doesn't matter are 2nd in English, 2nd in pe etc)
where as my friend who always got lower marks then me and hardly passed any subject got an Atar higher than me...

Flop21

HSC
Damn this post is stressing me out.
Yeah. I've found that because the ATAR is a rank, is doesn't really matter what marks you get (say average 70s does not equal 70 ATAR). So if you're getting 70s and lower, and that is lower than the state average, you're going to get lower than the state average ATAR... 69. And it just goes down further from there. I've heard so many stories of kids being upset because their marks of 70 got them a 50 ATAR.

That 50 in maths general probably dragged him down a lot.

But a 70 HSC mark has got to be like a 50 raw, so shouldn't stress you out I doubt you got that in your tests!

Ahhh lol that thread will be all of us in a couple of months...

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
Yeah. I've found that because the ATAR is a rank, is doesn't really matter what marks you get (say average 70s does not equal 70 ATAR). So if you're getting 70s and lower, and that is lower than the state average, you're going to get lower than the state average ATAR... 69. And it just goes down further from there. I've heard so many stories of kids being upset because their marks of 70 got them a 50 ATAR.

That 50 in maths general probably dragged him down a lot.

But a 70 HSC mark has got to be like a 50 raw, so shouldn't stress you out I doubt you got that in your tests!

Ahhh lol that thread will be all of us in a couple of months...
THIS is what's stressing me out.

keepLooking

HSC
While we all may be concerned about our ATAR, we need to remember that it is just a number that is used to get us into the course we want at university. If we don't achieve it, there are always other pathways and the truth is: no-one gives a fuck about your ATAR after 2015.

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
While we all may be concerned about our ATAR, we need to remember that it is just a number that is used to get us into the course we want at university. If we don't achieve it, there are always other pathways and the truth is: no-one gives a fuck about your ATAR after 2015.
I do understand that, but course ATAR requirements are not my concern. I don't even know what I want to do, but what I have my eye on is a $20,000 scholarship if I achieve an ATAR above 90.00. If I don't achieve it, it will just feel like I let twenty grand down the drain.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Yeah tbh I will be happy as long as I get into my course (with a very low ATAR cut-off, thank jebus) but I've got a $20,000 scholarship with my name on it too if I get an ATAR of 80, so that kind of keeps me motivated to push. Although, realistically, I know it is probably not gonna happen lol. At my school like 1 person gets 80+ a year lol, if that.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
Haha there's this program called Fast Forward run by WSU that works with local schools (i.e mine) and they offer scholarships for some participants in the program.
I also got the Most Outstanding Year 11 Award from WSU last year which was a guaranteed 20k if I got 90 but let's be real that ain't gon' happen haha.

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
Haha there's this program called Fast Forward run by WSU that works with local schools (i.e mine) and they offer scholarships for some participants in the program.
I also got the Most Outstanding Year 11 Award from WSU last year which was a guaranteed 20k if I got 90 but let's be real that ain't gon' happen haha.
I got the latter one too! :) I believe in myself, and you should too! Break the boundaries, my friend.

EDIT: I think the highest at my school ever was ~91 ATAR. I'm ready to break it. :)

malcolm21

HSC
N/A
I got the latter one too! :) I believe in myself, and you should too! Break the boundaries, my friend.

EDIT: I think the highest at my school ever was ~91 ATAR. I'm ready to break it. :)
The hell? Not a single outlier in the history of your school? You're about to make history dude

Flop21

HSC
Forgot to upload my school report to FEAS. Hopefully it'll be okay for me to email them it...

keepLooking

HSC
Forgot to upload my school report to FEAS. Hopefully it'll be okay for me to email them it...
I actually remembered the FEAS application five minutes before it was due. My hopes and dreams of UNSW is now eternally destroyed. Maybe next year ... maybe.

Oh thanks. Seems like it doesn't run in my school. ;[

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
The hell? Not a single outlier in the history of your school? You're about to make history dude
Zero. A lot of them complain that it's because of the school, teachers, ethics, blah blah. I am dedicated to prove them wrong, and that school truly doesn't matter. Also because I attend my school I get +5 bonus ATAR as well as +1 just for being school captain (for some universities), so a total of +6 ATAR, hence not worrying about entry cut-offs, and only my raw 90.00 ATAR for the scholarship.

Hopefully my efforts will pay off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)