2015ers Chit-Chat Thread (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

atargainz

HSC
That's great to know, all my course preferences are WSU courses.

There's too many jokes about WSU being the 'last resort' university. Like a picture of McDonald's captioned "Top destination... for WSU grads".
WSU is good depending on what course you do. My teacher did her chem degree there and said their science faculties and equipment are top notch

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
There's too many jokes about WSU being the 'last resort' university.
Sorry if my jibe came off as untasteful :( As you can see by my very public signature lol I intend on going there and have no shame, and I tend to judge people who refer to it as 'the pleb uni' as a fellow user did the other night. I was simply referring to its lower ATAR cut-offs. My peers who got lower ATARs' only real hope would have been WSU just because of the fact that they have lower requirements, not because I think it is a lesser university.

ceebs modern history centrelink im coming
Ikr I keep telling myself I'll go back to studying and then I just find myself back on BoS hahaha

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
Sorry if my jibe came off as untasteful :( As you can see by my very public signature lol I intend on going there and have no shame, and I tend to judge people who refer to it as 'the pleb uni' as a fellow user did the other night. I was simply referring to its lower ATAR cut-offs. My peers who got lower ATARs' only real hope would have been WSU just because of the fact that they have lower requirements, not because I think it is a lesser university.

Ikr I keep telling myself I'll go back to studying and then I just find myself back on BoS hahaha
I did see it, hahaha. That's alright, it just reminded me of some people who actually refer to it as 'the pleb uni'.

EDIT: When someone who worked at WSU asked me what university I plan to go to, I accidentally replied, "Just WSU". She gave me a dirty look and said, "Just WSU?".

Last edited:

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
it just reminded me of some people who actually refer to it as 'the pleb uni'.
Yeah. I love this site and it's helped me so much over the past few months but it has made me aware of just how close-minded some people can be. I considered going to UTS heaps but in the end I'd rather a fifteen minute drive to Bankstown campus over spending an hour standing on a train every other day.

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
I live like 5 minutes away from WSU lol, contemplating going there or not. How's their IT/Computer science?

edit: nvm penrith campus is for CS, that's far

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
I live like 5 minutes away from WSU lol, contemplating going there or not. How's their IT/Computer science?
My bf is doing IT there. He's had units at Campbelltown, Penrith and Parra lol so it was annoying for him having to go to different for campuses for different things (although for the first two years he was only at Campbelltown). Other than that, he thinks it's fine although he has nothing to compare it to really.

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
wtf. I just learnt what that small multi-quote button did. Woohoo!

Yeah. I love this site and it's helped me so much over the past few months but it has made me aware of just how close-minded some people can be. I considered going to UTS heaps but in the end I'd rather a fifteen minute drive to Bankstown campus over spending an hour standing on a train every other day.
This. In extremely close proximity of the Parramatta campus. Leisure > everything else.

I don't know. I just learnt how to multi-quote.

Mr_Kap

HSC
seriously? you would repeat if you got less than 80? You can do your desired course in a less popular uni for example UOW or WSU(lel) or maquarie ,then transfer.
I would never repeat.

also dude, how long do you travel to get to school?
Right now ---> 20 minutes ,but as of next monday i'm moving back into my house FINALLY AFTER 5 MONTHS OF LIVING IN THIS SERVICED APARTMENT/HOTEL, and my house is like 15 minutes away. Also, am like 10-15 minutes away from UNSW so yeh.

And i would repeat if i got less than 80 no doubt. Not gonna go to some pleb uni. Also, i'm only 17 this year so it wouldnt really put me a year behind

Yeh. It was me and i didn't explicitly called WSU a pleb uni, it was just a comment about other uni's (as you can see from my comment above). Anyway it was just as a joke as well as i later said..lol. Anyway both UOW and WSU used to be crap but its really rapidly developing and is actually a good uni now. I was just saying how i wouldn't ever go to another uni apart from UNSW because im only 15 minutes away, so if i didn't make it into UNSW i would repeat rather than go to another uni and have to transfer.

Flop21

HSC
Yeh. It was me and i didn't explicitly called WSU a pleb uni, it was just a comment about other uni's (as you can see from my comment above). Anyway it was just as a joke as well as i later said..lol. Anyway both UOW and WSU used to be crap but its really rapidly developing and is actually a good uni now. I was just saying how i wouldn't ever go to another uni apart from UNSW because im only 15 minutes away, so if i didn't make it into UNSW i would repeat rather than go to another uni and have to transfer.
Tbh I don't live that close but still want to go to UNSW so badly. I'd be so upset if I didn't make it in and would have no idea what to do...

atargainz

HSC
Not saying WSU is a bad uni bc i'd actually consider going there if I was going to do a science-y course. However just to put reality into perspective; my cousin (Comm Law UNSW) had a low credit WAM and she got a traineeship over a WSU student (Comm Law, upper distinction average). This is obviously an extreme case bc law/com is extremely competitive. I'm sure other factors played a part to, but yah

Last edited:

FlyingKanga

The optimistic pessimist.
HSC
Tbh I don't live that close but still want to go to UNSW so badly. I'd be so upset if I didn't make it in and would have no idea what to do...
Curl up, suck your thumb and start rollin' up and down.

mcchicken

madman in a box
HSC
i wouldn't ever go to another uni apart from UNSW because im only 15 minutes away, so if i didn't make it into UNSW i would repeat rather than go to another uni and have to transfer.
All good, no need to justify your life choices to a stranger on the internet :p The city is an hour away from me so sometimes I forget that there are people that actually live near it lol. One of my teachers went to UNSW and she travelled 2 hours each way every day... don't know how she did it haha

TQuadded

Breaking the limits.
HSC
so glad i dropped after trials
I should've as well. Faking useless. I picked it because I wanted to do 4-unit, but my teacher didn't want to teach it, and I was convinced that I had to do a shit ton of work, so I backed out.

EDIT: Maybe it'll be a partial safety net since I'm doing 11 units...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)